Just Recipes!

Recipe looks good but where do you get Almond flour from? I've tried my local supermarkets asda, morrisons and co-op but no joy unfortunately

Look for ground almonds, they're the same product. More often called ground almonds in uk and almond flour in us - you can also buy huge bags on amazon!

Have to share this scrummy experimental veggie mousaka
Baked it at 200 for 30 mins in a loaf tin and got 3 good sized servings. Each serving one worked out 3 net carbs and 215 cals
1/2 can of toms mixed with 200 frozen quorn mince (I didn't precook it) & two sticks of celery chopped small & 20g gia tom purée and spice of your choice I did cinnamon. Put all this in the bottom of your loaf tin. Then I zapped a whole aubergine in the microwave till cooked (about 200g) then sliced and layered on top. Next comes the topping ... This sounds odd but worked ... Mix together 1 egg & 200g cottage cheese (mash it a bit so lumps r small) & 20g of Italian hard cheese, pour on the top and bake.
It was scrummy and really filling. Have frozen a couple of portions too :)

Can also vouch for the min microwave muffins, I make them savoury just flax baking powder and egg then whatever I fancy , cheese works, so does veggie pepperoni. Thinking I could make a bigger flatter one and use it as a burger bun :)

Week one of diet done and 1kg lost :)

Just found a twist on original cauliflower crust pizza, what about zucchini? Would need a few tweeks (replace corn, toms, but I like the avocado on it, bacon, avo n garlic are a magic combo!)

See recipe:
http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/07/zucchini-pizza-crust-with-chipotle-bbq.html?m=1

Zucchini Pizza Crust (with Chipotle BBQ Bacon and Grilled Corn Pizza)

A healthy zucchini pizza crust topped with chipotle bbq sauce, bacon, grilled corn, red onion and plenty of cheese!

Servings: 2-4

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Printable Recipe
Ingredients
4 cups zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
1 egg
1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chipotle barbecue sauce
3/4 cup gouda or mozzarella (optionally smoked), shredded
1 ear of grilled corn (or 1/2 cup corn)
4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cooked
red onion to taste, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro to taste (optional)
diced tomato to taste (optional)
diced avocado to taste (optional)
Directions
(optional) Microwave the zucchini on high for 6 minutes, let cool, place it in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture out as you can.
Mix the zucchini, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, oregano, salt and pepper, press the mixture onto a baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450F oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Spread the barbecue sauce on the pizza, top with the mozzarella, corn, bacon and red onion and bake until the cheese is bubbling, about 10-15 minutes.
Optionally serve topped with fresh cilantro, avocado and tomato.

Note: Step 1 is optional and the recipe will work without doing it but it helps make it easier to remove the moisture from the zucchini. If you use raw zucchini the bake time for the crust will be closer to 20 minutes than 15.

Last edited:
oooh I like the courgette pizza idea!

Here's tonight's dinner -

Tuna Frittata

Mix the following together -

- two cans of tuna (one was with black pepper and lemon oil)
- four beaten eggs (and a bit of water)
- one small green pepper (chopped into small bits)
- one stick celery (also chopped finely)
- one pot cottage cheese - but mayo and/or cream cheese would be lower carb

Put the mix in a lasagne dish, sprinkle with cheese and cook at 200 for 30 minutes.

Makes four very filling slices, eaten hot or cold. 24g carbs for the lot.

Cheesy, fiery MIM (9g carbs)
30g flax (linseed) flour
1/16 tsp bicarb
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp mustard powder
1/8 tsp hot paprika
Pinch herbamare (see pics - yum!)
28g/1oz cheddar cheese chopped/grated
1 large egg

Combine dry ingredients well, add cheese n egg, stir and micro - one took about 2 mins but doubled in size! See pics.

Plus (carbs not included above)
67 g cucumber
10g butter

Total carbs with accompanying ingredients 12g.

Attachments

• 1375858203183.jpg
    1375858203183.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 1375858211817.jpg
    1375858211817.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 1375858221172.jpg
    1375858221172.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 1375858231364.jpg
    1375858231364.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 158
Creamy Mushroom Omelette (1g carbs)
-3 large free range eggs
-100g white button/chestnut (any really) mushrooms
-1 tablespoon cream
-Salt n pepper to taste
-1 tsp butter
-1/2 tsp dried/fresh parsley

Clean and chop mushrooms, fry in a little butter, season to taste.
While doing that, get your oven grill on high. Also mix eggs in bowl, brush a little oil in pan and put eggs in, pop any 'bubbles' that form, swirl the egg around for even distribution and cook for about a minute on stove.
Now put the eggs in pan under grill for a minute or two, until golden and puffy.
Take mushrooms off heat when golden (about 2-3 minutes) and add tbsp cream, mix into mushrooms till melted and you have achieved creamy goodness!
Plate up the omelette and top with creamy mushrooms, garnish with half tsp dried/fresh parsley. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1375858836535.jpg
    1375858836535.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 153
N and I idiot proof diet cook book

Mushroom soup ( feeds 4, yer rite. 4 woofs.. hee hee)

A splash of oil
50g butter
1 small onion, diced ( I used leeks)
250g Mushrooms
1 litre veg stock
1 tbs dried tarragon
salt/pepper

Heat oil,better and fry onions (leeks) untill brown. Add mushrooms and coat in oil/butter.
Cover and heat on lowest flame for 15 mins
Remove lid, add stock, salt/pepper and tarragon. Bring to the boil.
Then simmer for 10mins
Mix well then "thunderstick" blend

LUSH!!

Woofy X

I know this is from ages ago lol, but do you think it would work with less butter and added single cream to make it less sickly? X is it ok for induction? Xx thanks x

I am a great foodie and, unfortunately, this shows on my body! So, returning to Atkins post giving birth to my twins (I lost two stones on Atkins for my IVF attempts), I had to come up with my own recipes to expand the range of flavors available. I just recently shared one of them, Low Carb Spinach Cakes, on my blog www.goldenapron.com with pictures and instructions. Yep, this is a dessert with spinach! And so deliciously moist and unusual. I hope you will like it.
28899785991_f5ee19c2d6_o.jpg

Back