Step 1 Sole Source Just so hungry..

Irulan

I was doing fine until the 5th day. I am assuming I was still running on what I ate last week or something.

Switched from 3 to 4 meals, am in full Ketosis ( second most purple one) drink so much liquid I could burst and I am starving! My stomach rumbles all the time, I only get a little relief when I have a meal and about 30 minutes after that and then it's back on.

I am weak and starving but I want to keep going.

I know why I am doing this, it's just so hard when you've been proper starving for 3 days...

Help!

Irulan.. dont think you have to have have all your shake in one go.. cos i was the same, mainly on a morning.. i usually make a coffee with a a third of the vanilla mix and have a milky coffee then have another 3rd when i get to work and last bit either mid morning or just after lunch... you could also make 2 hot chocolates from 1 pack... youve to figure out what is best for you and be creative.. as long as you have your 3 packs in the day have it what suits you and makes you feel better.. then if i am still hungry before bed and had all my packs.. have 2 boiled eggs to fill that gap :) I also find keeping busy helps take your mind off food..

come on you can do this :)

Irulan said:
I feel a whole bunch better today today. Still hungry but I don't have the massive pain in my thigh muscles anymore. Still in Ketosis. Haven't lost any weight in 4 days though. 6 kilo's in 4 days and then 4 days nothing. I don't really enjoy this so far. 4 more days till my weigh in.

Don't have sneaky peeks Hun.. Only get weighed on you due weigh in day as your body fluctuates through day so you won't be getting an accurate reading xx

Good luck let us know how u got on.. I've lost 2lb this week 18lb in 3 week x

Lost 2.2 kilo's. I stopped taking my thyroid medication and it fell off. I have been wondering about that medication for years now. Been taking them yet nothing happened ever. Still a thyroid mess. Didn't take them the first week, lost a lot, took them again and stalled instantly, stopped and lost 2 kilo's.... time for a GP visit again.

But I am doing so much better on +. 3 Cambridge meals and tofu at night is what I like/need. 4 cambridge meals make me ache all over.

Well so much for my conclusions.... the hungry/starving is back since last night with a vengeance. Rumbling stomach for nearly 24 hours now and absolutely starving. Had my tetra and soup, waiting for 5 o' clock for my dinner. I just don't get it... Is being in ketosis not supposed to stop this madness? I've been hungry since I started. Just the normal hungry and I want to eat daily and every now and then this ravenous I need to eat desperately feeling. CDC has no idea either.

Irulan said:
Well so much for my conclusions.... the hungry/starving is back since last night with a vengeance. Rumbling stomach for nearly 24 hours now and absolutely starving. Had my tetra and soup, waiting for 5 o' clock for my dinner. I just don't get it... Is being in ketosis not supposed to stop this madness? I've been hungry since I started. Just the normal hungry and I want to eat daily and every now and then this ravenous I need to eat desperately feeling. CDC has no idea either.

Have a piece of chicken or 2 boiled eggs Hun make sure your drinking plenty of water as well x

I am a strict vegetarian, so all I can do is tofu or cottage cheese and I think I'll go over the carb limit if I keep nibling at that.

I just don't understand. If I am not ravenous I am just hungry. I read all these pleasant stories of people in ketosis describing it as "nirvana" but so far it's been hell. I am supposed to do this for another 4/5/6 months.. I just don't know if I can handle being this hungry for that long of a time.

I drink well over 3 liter a day, tried a shower, had a bath too, had a walk (which made it worse) watched tv, cooked the husband dinner, read a book nothing helps. Had my dinner, hungry before, during and after..

Irulan said:
I am a strict vegetarian, so all I can do is tofu or cottage cheese and I think I'll go over the carb limit if I keep nibling at that.

I just don't understand. If I am not ravenous I am just hungry. I read all these pleasant stories of people in ketosis describing it as "nirvana" but so far it's been hell. I am supposed to do this for another 4/5/6 months.. I just don't know if I can handle being this hungry for that long of a time.

I drink well over 3 liter a day, tried a shower, had a bath too, had a walk (which made it worse) watched tv, cooked the husband dinner, read a book nothing helps. Had my dinner, hungry before, during and after..

Right well try and spread your shakes over the day so u don't get hungry.. I sometimes make the choc mint one last 2 or 3 hit chocolates and the vanilla one same but add it to coffee..

So on a morning I might make 2 or 3 milky coffees over the morning till lunch time.. Full shake for lunch then hot choc at night... Maybe try that then do a bit of tofu just before you go bed.. You need to be creative with the sachets.. If this doesn't work maybe speak to your CDC and see if you can change to a different step as its obvious this step ur on isn't for you..

Irulan said:
Yea I tried spreading it out, but as soon as my lips touch that tetra straw I am lost.

I see my CDC on Saturday again and I am just gonna struggle through this week I hope. I just never imagined being this hungry ALL the time. Ketosis nirvana my foot. I am fine with the mental part though. Nice not to think about what to eat.

Why don't you try not having the tetras and have the shakes you make up as you can make them with more liquid and goes further than the tetras..

I am going to try that next week. I had 2 cookies and cream to try. One i made with exactly the amount of water and I thought it was disgusting. But it's all I eat so I had to eat the second one but this one I watered down almost double and it wasn't so bad. And better I felt like I ate more.

Still get massive hungerpangs, but I noticed they come on the day after I have walked to the shops and such (a mile walk) and I just should not do that. I am happy on the SS+ SS was just not enough even thought its roughly the same. 4 Cambridge meals or 3 Cambridge meals and a small dinner... 50 calories more then on SS. I certainly enjoy making my tofu or cottage cheese. Still amazed how much lettuce you can stick in 80 grams.

I'm glad you are settling into the diet a bit more. Try and have lots of hot drinks (ones that you're allowed) as well as water because that makes you feel fuller. Some things that have helped me are having a least one litre of sparkling water a day to feel full, freezing my tetras so they last longer as I eat them (but they still taste nice), and having baths in Epsom Salts to relieve muscle soreness. Your muscles are only hurting because your levels of salt are drastically reducing, and you are using more energy to work them. Like you, I really struggled at first, so I had a pint of soya milk a day for the first two months, and used it to make very creamy shakes with the satchets. The milk was unsweetened, light soya milk, hardly any calories, and I still had big losses. As I adjusted I came off the milk, and now make the shakes with water. I don't miss it! You just need time to adjust. But walking a mile shouldn't make you hurt, you need to be doing some walking every day. I would see your GP about your thyroid and ask for some blood tests.

I agree with dolly, I too have a thyroid condition and I know that the official word from Cambridge is you cannot do sole source when on meds! Remember this diet slows your metabolism significantly enough so therefore anyone with a thyroid issue it will slow it even further. As you know getting the right dosage is not always easy but possibly you might need your meds increased to compensate for the decrease while on the diet! Pop to the docs and get your tsh etc tested. Also, I. Sure your probably well aware of this but I'll mention it in any case. Soya is highly poisonous to those with thyroid diseases so in that regard I would not use it in your shakes. I myself didn't know until earlier this year and I was always using soya this and that thinking I was being really healthy but it isn't so keep that in mind! I'm not veggie but isn't tofu made from soya?

I had my thyroid checked this week. I have not been taking my meds for a while now as I suspected they might be the thing that is stopping my weight loss/ aka make me gain weight. My tsh came back normal. I was prescribed a fairly high dose of 125mg, not taking it and my functions are all normal. I truly believe something is messed up with me. Been battling my weight for years while listening to GP's asking me over and over again if I am absolutely certain that what I list as this is what I eat, is actually really all I eat. I do not overeat, have not in years but I keep getting bigger. Been on Levythyroxine for 5 years now and no change what so ever. Been to several GP's and the message is the same, eat less, move more. No one is willing to check my T3 and T4 levels separately, no one is willing to check my actual insulin levels while I am being treated for possibly being insulin resistant.

I do eat Tofu at the moment, before this diet I didn't. I know what you mean, but to reach those levels you are talking about you have to consume a whole lot more then just half a pack of firm tofu. It's more the processed stuff that is not good for you and the tofu drinks. But that goes for everything, too many steps in the factory and I don't think its food anymore. We pretty much make everything at home. This diet is very unlike me with all the chemicals that are in it.

Oh I feel you pain, somewhere in here is my battle. For the last 2 yrs I've been gaining and gaining despite going to personal trainer 3 week, Bootcamp, and literally eating rabbit food and very very little carb. Saw two endocrinologists who pretty much dismissed me and told me " calories in calories out' which is bs, they clearly didn't believe when I told them all the things I was doing. My thyroid came back barely within normal range but doctor said normal is normal. I did this diet last may and in 7weeks Ss I lost 3lbs so with that I came back to Ireland, went to endo here, armed with my bag of hair which had fallen out,my diet diary for 3months, told him my periods had stopped 18months ago and that I'm not just a fat girl and that I needed him to believe me. Healthy skepticism is ok, I expected him to say are you sure your not eating more than you telling me! Within 10 minutes he told me he thought I had Hashimotos but he needed to check my antibodies, 3 days later after 2 years of being told I was clinically normal and just obese I was diagnosed. He said my levels of t4 were in normal range....but as he said.....normal for who, that reference range hat the labs put on are across the board, from children, adolescents, pre/ post menopausal......it wasn't normal for my age(30), he said it was normal for that of a post menopausal woman of 65. No other endo had ever checked my antibodies which turned out to be 6 times the normal. I have been on euthrox now since June and I feel soooo much better, I have more energy, my hair has eased off falling out, my brain fog is lifting and I don't feel like a phony anymore. I also lost 12lbs since I started this 2 weeks ago.....which for me is just amazing as nothing else worked before including this.
That's the one thing I'm sure of, if your thyroid is not right you won't get the weight off! If you can look into Hashimotos and see have you any of the symptoms, and if your doc won't test your t3 and t4 then maybe it would be worth going private. Have you been ruled out for cushings? Insist on having t3 and t4 checked as it's widely known that just tsh is not an accurate enough reading!

I feel your pain lovely. X

Back