just sponsored

louisedan

Gold Member
a new child. He is in India and we have just had the pics of him. Its lovely to actually see him. Only down side is tHat the boy we used to sponsor cannot have further contact with us as World Vision have completed their work in his region. He felt like part of the family even though we never met him and it feels strange that some one else has cut our ties with him.I understand they can't give us his address to protect him but it seems a harsh way to stop contact.Still I supppose the only way to look at it is that his community is no longer deperate and the new child's village needs help right now.

Oh, I didn't realise they could cut off the contact like that! I sponsor a little girl through them also in India.

I DO understand that the money needs to go to the areas that need it the most but surely they could direct new sponsors to the new areas?

They say that once thw work is done in an area they are unable to pass anything on as they move on.I understand that but it would have ben nice to have a amore gradual breaking off.I had a letter telling telling me thjat I was now sponsoring some one else and to inform them if I didn't agree. I phoned them to find out what was going on and they said I should have had a previous letter!

Back