Just started and struggling already :(

Holford is what I want to consider for maintenance as I've heard good reports but I have to admit I haven't looked at the book yet (been sitting on the kitchen island for at least a fortnight!). Is it less protein based than what you're doing at the moment Phoenix? I'm not thinking of moving over yet as I would still like to reach my original goal with S&S but I do think my metabolism has gone on strike a bit now having been on the diet for so long. I intend to keep below 800 calories and 60g carbs with S&S, protein and veg, take a complete break for Easter (out of ketosis and to include alcohol :)) and then restart S&S to get to goal. Then start proper refeeding and look at Holford to maintain or continue to lose a few more pounds if I can. I'd like to be BMI 25 but I'm not sure whether I'll make it at this stage.

yes , less protein, lots of whole foods , basically really healthy
lowish carb

see my thread under maintenance section , my new low carb life , all my thoughts and plan so far is there

Thanks - I'll have a gander :)

After eating more yesterday I must of come out of ketosis :( today I am hungry and in and out of the cupboards looking for something, what a shame :(

I haven't given in though :) I've just made a delicious 2 egg omelette with red peppers and mushrooms fried in a little garlic olive oil and herb salt :p

Last edited:
yeah but you knew that would happen didnt you , at least you didnt faint lol

I think you will have to accept you will be out of ketosis now until, if or when you go back on the plan 100%, but healthy eating and tracking your cals and carbs will still see you losing weight

keep up the healthy eating

Back