Just started Exante

Dippy

I've just started Exante, on Tuesday and am a bit unsure. I did LL a few years ago but had to stop as circumstances changed and I couldn't afford it. I'm unsure what to order as I got the mixed trial pack but am struggling with some of the stuff. The mushroom soup I found foul, 2 mouthfuls and it went down the sink, lol. I thought the nut bar tasted like sawdust, but the orange and chocolate one at least had a nice taste, still left sawdust in my mouth though. What I wondered was if anyone had had any problems with any of the packs. I've managed to swallow the shakes but very soon after I had the chocolate one, I had the runs, is this something others have experienced? I've been ok with the other ones, I am so desperate to manage this diet as I can't be this fat any longer. I'm thinking of just ordering the shake pack this time as it works out so much cheaper even if I don't use the chocolate ones. Looking at everyone's tickers is very encouraging, hope I can do as well as most of you have.

Ive never heard of one particular type of shake giving someone the runs, its probably either just coincidence or its just a side effect youd have had no matter what shake you had. I had that problem around day 5 and was assured it was just down to the change in my diet and the nutrients I was getting.

I just have shakes and LOVE the choc shake hot.

i didnt like the mushroom or tomato soup at all, the vanilla and strawberry i wasnt too keen on until i mixed half of each together which i enjoy now, with regards to the bars i thought the same about the nut at first it left a funny aftertaste but love it now so your tastebuds do change. although i love the veg and chicken soups and bars i di go for the shakes bumper pack this time as was getting my savoury fix from the bouillon drink. i also love the choc shake hot so try that way i wouldnt be put off starlight was right you probably would have had the problem whatever pack you had. just stick at it and youll get used to them.

With regard to the soups, try adding a lot more water and adding salt/pepper/spices. You will be amazed at the difference it makes. I absolutely love them now.

it works

Im loving the shakes pack.. just wish I could just have vanilla and choc mind you.

Thats an interesting thought about the bullion.. I wonder if thats why I went off the soup

i love the shakes too i just wish i had some bars to chomp. i made a hot choc with less water today after being ill yesterday i didnt want to flood my body lol and it was really yummy so thanks for the tip.

On my first day I had a vanilla shake and mushroom soup. I thought there was no way I was going to stick to this, they were both vile - and dont get me started on the bars!!!!
After looking at peoples posts I added alot more water to the soups and salt/pepper etc and they are SO much better, I actually enjoy them now. The vanilla and strawberry shake are the worse but I like the banana and chocolate (I wonder what they taste like half and half???). I still hate the bars but look on it as a necessary evil as they have alot of fibre in.

God luck and keep posting ;-)

T25Tasha lol my favourite are vanilla and strawberry lol
whats up with the bars? im dreading the chocolate to be honest lol x

i tried the chocolate one hot when i first got my packs but wasnt too keen and havnt had it since up until starlight was recomending it the other day so i thought id try it with 300ml hot water in a large mug and since then ive been having it 3 times a day its so yummy but the problem is ive only got 4 days of choc left if i have 3 a day so i might try the mocca later as recomended.

On my first day I had a vanilla shake and mushroom soup. I thought there was no way I was going to stick to this, they were both vile - and dont get me started on the bars!!!!
After looking at peoples posts I added alot more water to the soups and salt/pepper etc and they are SO much better, I actually enjoy them now. The vanilla and strawberry shake are the worse but I like the banana and chocolate (I wonder what they taste like half and half???). I still hate the bars but look on it as a necessary evil as they have alot of fibre in.

God luck and keep posting ;-)

If you dont like the vanilla, have you tried having it hot with some coffee??

Well I've just had my second chocolate, had it hot with more water and actually quite enjoyed it, BUT I'm supposed to be going out tonight and can't, I've had the runs again, daren't move from near a loo. Wish I knew what that was all about, none of the other flavours seem to affect me. I think I'll try one again Friday morning when I have no plans to go anywhere and see what happens.

Thats really odd if just the chocolate is affecting you - are you sure it is not a cumulative thing & the chocolate is just the one that is last before the "event" ? I read that the early days some people do have problems - due to the concentrated vitamin/mineral content - if that is the case having them with more water not less should help? oh, & don't forget to keep the water intake high - especially important if you have the runs.

Hope you get on better tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply, yes, you are right, it happened again today after a vanilla shake. I'm averaging 3 litres a day, but may have to step it up a bit and hope by the end of the week things have settled down. This might be horrible but it beats being constipated as happened when I did LL, it was agony! sorry if this is too much information, lol.

Exchanges

Im sure someone has already thought this up but do people swap stuff (thinking swap shop here) if they arent keen on particular flavour or product??

Rob

We arnt allowed but it would be a great idea if we was

that would be good wouldn't it? well worth the postage costs. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to stick to banana and strawberry, lol, will be heartily sick of them by the time I get the weight off, not to mention the expense if I have to buy just them and not the multi packs. Never mind.

Back