Green Days Just started...nervous and excited!

Nico4

Good Morning,

I have been browsing some of your stories and found them really encouraging. I joined Slimming World last night for the first time and am both excited and nervous. Excited to lose weight and nervous that I won't! Have done the WW pro-points plan and barely lost anything so I think that has affected my confidence in myself as I followed everything but found the plan difficult and was always hungry!

Anyone got any words of wisdom for a newbie vegetarian or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much :):)

Well firstly, you won't be hungry on the Slimming World plan! There is so much choice, so many free and superfree foods that you shouldn't ever have a rumbling tummy.

The most important thing (IMO) is planning. I find that convenience foods are usually high in syns so I cook and prepare 99.9% of my meals - this means that knowing every day what my plans are for food helps to keep me in control and within my syn allowance. Of course, you can have ready meals - I like the Sainsbury's be good to yourself spinach and ricotta cannelloni and it's a good choice at 6 syns - but to be honest I have only had one ready meal in the past 3 months! :eek:

I have a food diary here, which keeps me accountable and has been fun to do. It's nice to look back and I'm starting to see patterns emerging of food I've eaten and weight loss results.

Make sure you weigh/measure your healthy extras, and make sure you eat them every day. Keep a close eye on your syns, but make sure you are having them every day.

Ring the changes! Look at the recipe sub-forum for ideas, this'll stop you getting bored and eating the same stuff all the time. I've never eaten in such a varied way in my life.

Good Luck!

Hi, just dont worry and enjoy it. I do EE now but when I first started I was doing Green and Red days and if you like Quorn then you should have no probs. Vertually carry on with the things you like just cook the SW way. I find I can adapt most recipes. Watch your HE's and never go hungry. Good luck xx

Don't be nervous! I lost really well on EE a couple of years back and am now starting again (doing it alone this time) so it must work! Just don't deny yourself anything and you'll be fine. Also, the magazine is great as it keeps you up to date with syn swaps and new items if you can't make it to group.

Good luck!

Just follow the plan - it really does work :)

I'm a veggie and I only do green days and I've been amazed at how much I have lost considering how much I eat!

My advice would be: eat until you are full but don't stuff yourself. Use your syns, don't be scared to make the most of them. Discover new recipes and get excited about cooking. Enjoy food and eating - it's a revelation really as so many diets are about denial. Keep a food diary and follow other people's diaries for inspiration.

Check out the veggie/vegan recipe thread on the recipes subforum for ideas and chats and feel free to shout if I can help in any way xxx

Back