Just started, pcos and want a baby...HELP!!

lyndzi76

Gold Member
Been trying for a baby now for 7 months, although not very long... Long enough.
I'm 24 and just been diagnosed with pcos and fibroids, I'm 16 stone 10lb and desperatly need to loose weight for my health!!

The GI diet is new to me any tips on what to eat during the day and generally advice of any one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks x x

Snap lyndzi, I was diagnosed with pcos at 20 im now 30 and have been trying on and off for a baby for for about 7 years, I weigh 20 stone and also need to loose a lot of weight, I was told that a low GI diet was the best to help a lot of symptoms of pcos as well as loose weight so were in the right place, heres what Ive managed to find out so far.

The basic rules of any low GI diet plan are to:
  • Reduce intake of concentrated sugars and starches
  • Swap highly refined flour products such as white bread, low-fibre breakfast cereals and quick-cooking starches for grain products produced using traditional methods (eg wholewheat pasta, stone-ground flour, old-fashioned oatmeal)
  • Choose whole grains such as brown rice, buckwheat and quinoa instead of potatoes and white rice
  • Increase intake of peas and beans, nuts and seeds and most vegetables and fruits
Many low GI diets also advocate choosing lean meat and low fat dairy products in order to keep intake of saturated fat low.

This website lists some foods and information The GI Diet - List of low GI foods
I previously did weightwatchers points plan, so im applying the two together so that I dont over compensate on portion sizes, and see how I got for the 1st week.

Back