Just started SW

I have just started Slimming world and I am already feeling overwhelmed, I know what to have for breakfast and lunch and my treat choices but its evening meals that are really causing me to scream. I buy lots of ready meals usually and eat out a lot which is why I am overweight but I can't really cook has by the time I get in I just can't be bothered, I was wondering if anyone has some really simple easy dinner choices that they could recommend.
Thank you
Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to Slimming World!

Easy meals can be done in a flash depending on what you have in your fridge and cupboards.

One example of an easy meal is grabbing some dried noodles and putting those in a pan with some salted boiling water and boil for about 5-10 mins (depending on whether you have fine or medium noodles) then grab some lean meat, poultry, fish or meat replacement and stir fry with some vegetables in a wok.
Once the noodles are done, you should have the entire meal completed in the time it has taken to cook them.

Time savers generally come in the form of preparation, you can either do this yourself by getting vegetables at the weekends and chopping them then freezing them or if you are so stuck for time, places like Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons have readily prepped vegetables you can simply dig handfuls out of the freezer and toss in the pan.

Other things you can do are making huge batch cooks of your favourite on-plan meals such as Chili Con Carne, Chicken Madras with Rice etc., portion them down into tupperware and freeze. Then you essentially have a ready-meal in the freezer which you know the content of and don't need to worry about Syn content.

From the 18th of February, Slimming World are selling ready-meals in Iceland's freezer section so you can pick some of those up and stick them in the freezer :)

Thank you so much for your reply, I had the day off work today so cooked up some cottage pie and a chicken curry to freeze, curry tasted really nice so I can't be too bad ;)

Pasta n sauce is your friend! Mum and I, if we are having a busy day and we are tired in the name, whack some pasta n sauce on, boil a few veg and have some linda mccartney sausages. Always have emergencies in the freezer :)

Oooo I didn't know about the SW ready meals :):)
I'm not a big ready meal eater but they are useful to keep in the freezer for emergencies lol

welcome to slimming world Rachel!

I didn't used to cook a lot, but I bought a couple of the SW recipe books (plus there's loads of quick easy recipes on line), and got into the habit of cooking more, now I've gotten used to it it's just a normal part of my day, where as to start with it was a bit of an effort I must admit.

The plan can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you're a few weeks in it will get a lot easier as you won't have to look everything up every 5 minutes :)

welcome to slimming world and minimins nutley.

check out the recipe sections for loads of help and ideas xx

Back