just started yesterday have a few questions?

prettykins

hi

I started lt yesterday, i have around 4 stones to lose. Does anyone know how long this might take?
is it really safe to do lt for months?
and how do you reduce the risk of fainting as its something im worried about? havent felt faint yet, but would hate for it to happen.
Does anyone have a day off from lt?

thanks

julie

Hey there Julie,

It's absolutely safe to do for months- the shakes have all the nutrients etc that our bodies NEED...just not the calories...which is why it burns up our fat stores. I'm on my second time around but first time I did it for 9 weeks and lost 4 stone....and after the first week of feeling miserable I felt really good...very energised and full of life. I've not heard anyone on here saying they've fainted but I'd recommend spacing the shakes throughout the day, having plenty of water and not doing too much exercise if you're feeling a bit tired.
Most people don't have 'days off' as it knocks you out of ketosis and makes it really hard to get back to the shakes- it's a bit like starting from scratch again. Saying that, sometimes there are occasions you plan for, or sometimes you just fall off the wagon- the trick is making sure they are one offs.
Hope that helps....best of luck with your first week and focus on the first weigh in-it'll all be worth it!

xx

I lost 3 stone in 8 weeks first time. It varies from person to person. Lots of people do 6months or more on it and are well. I would recommend no days off! One day off leads to picking another day and before you know it you are off the diet.

I felt a little light on and off for the first week but I just took it easy and drank lots of water. Try not to do too much physical stuff in first few weeks. Stuff housework etc it will still be there in a few weeks!!

Back