Just started

Stepout

Hi all
Have decided to give this a go after watching the horizon programme on Monday night
Been following slimming world but put a few pounds back on and can't seem to get them off again - also thought the health benefits looked amazing
Weigh in at class is on thurs morn so going carry on going there but follow this plan and see how it goes
Did DD on tues - had approx 550 cals
Done low cal day today too with weigh in tomorrow but prob not quite as low as yesterday - maybe about 700
Going do DDs on mon, weds and fri with having most of cals for evening meal to fit in with family
looking forward to being able to eat tomorrow after class - I'm not going count on UDs just try not to go too mad
Today's been quite hard with doing DD yesterday but should be able get into it properly after weigh in

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome, any questions don't be afraid to ask and your plan for M,W,F as DD is a good one you don't really want to be doing 2 low cal days together on a regular basis x

thanks for the welcome

Don't think I'll be doing it again but didn't think it would hurt too much as a one off - just wanted keep things low today with weighing in tomorrow
I've got a hol booked for September so want to lose as much possible for that and hoping for a loss tomorrow even though only done 2 days

Went to sw class this morning and lost 3lb from last week - really pleased
Doing an UD today thank goodness was starving yesterday but then didn't feel hungry at all this morning - not going count anything today and will just eat as I feel

Did my first UD yesterday - didn't really feel hungry all day ( I normally can't stop eating?)
Had a creamy pasta salad for dinner then pizza and chips for tea
Wasn't sure whether to weigh myself or not this morning but have done as was curious about putting on after yesterday - weight was exactly same as yesterday morning!

2nd proper DD today

Excellent start, isn't it funny, you think without restriction means you are going to eat everything in sight but because you know you can have what you want and you aren't cheating you don't go mad at all, and going to bed hungry after a DD and waking up not hungry on an UP continues to fascinate me 12 weeks in x

bajoleth said:
Excellent start, isn't it funny, you think without restriction means you are going to eat everything in sight but because you know you can have what you want and you aren't cheating you don't go mad at all, and going to bed hungry after a DD and waking up not hungry on an UP continues to fascinate me 12 weeks in x

Yeah it was strange normally when I'm "on a diet" I get to the afternoon then can't stop eating but didn't feel hungry at all yesterday enjoyed all my meals ate what I felt like and didn't worry about it - been at home today doing a DD so been a bit harder than when I'm at work and feeling a bit hungry now - I've got about 100 cals left but want to save that for a small glass of wine later

hannata said:
I do find my portion sizes are bigger than diet ones but other than that I don't usually go mad at all on an up day.

If I was on a diet and gave myself a day off I'd eat everything I could get my hands on whether I wanted it or not :eek:

I do the same normally too - if I give my self a day off a diet I have chocolate and cheescake toast with butter etc - but really enjoyed yesterday and still felt in control - looking forward to the weekend now :)

hannata said:
aye if you crave something, like chocolate, you can have it! And I find that subsides my cravings for food in general... Just goes to show you simply HOW much of this game is all in the head.

Just bloody love the psychology behind this ... it's absolutely right, of course. The minute you can have it, and have it without question or guilt (or without swapping it for something else)) it loses its appeal .... :D

P x

Yeah you don't; punish yourself, try to eat something healthy instead (fruit? pah) then having a small piece of chocolate, then eating the whole bar anyway... then still feeling bad cause you've RUINED YOUR DIET, then eat another bar..... well if you're anything like me that is.. :D

Really scary having two up days together - can this really be working?!!
Decided not to weigh myself now until official weigh in on thurs morning case it puts me off - want to give the diet a full week
Down day tomorrow but at work so that should make things easier

Back