Just starting out

Well done vixxs!

I'm on day 6 of SSP and am wondering if ketosis has finally kicked in as it's 11:07 now and I've not felt hungry yet!

I'm gonna try the porridge for the first time today. I've got the plain one. Is that the one you had? Do you need to add a sweetner to it?

Hi just been reading your updates.... Your doing soooo well!!!!
I started on Wednesday and so far so good, I've stuck to it to the letter!!!! My scales show a loss at the moment, but the amount of water I'm drinking is making me bloated!!! I'm a sales rep for mars chocolate so work is a killer!!!!!!! But I'm determined to get this 3 stone off and be back to what I was pre- children..lol
I do like something sweet after my tiny tiny meal and I love(wel maybe love is a bit much) the choc orange bar, it takes my craving away...

casablanca said:
Well done vixxs!

I'm on day 6 of SSP and am wondering if ketosis has finally kicked in as it's 11:07 now and I've not felt hungry yet!

I'm gonna try the porridge for the first time today. I've got the plain one. Is that the one you had? Do you need to add a sweetner to it?

Hi. My CDC told me that the porridges are really sweet. I had apple and cinnamon an it defo does not need sweetener! Not sure about the plain... I guess it comes down to how you like the porridge! Try it without first. Yay for ketosis... Feels easier when you aren't hungry! When's your first weight in?

avamum said:
Hi just been reading your updates.... Your doing soooo well!!!!
I started on Wednesday and so far so good, I've stuck to it to the letter!!!! My scales show a loss at the moment, but the amount of water I'm drinking is making me bloated!!! I'm a sales rep for mars chocolate so work is a killer!!!!!!! But I'm determined to get this 3 stone off and be back to what I was pre- children..lol
I do like something sweet after my tiny tiny meal and I love(wel maybe love is a bit much) the choc orange bar, it takes my craving away...

Hi! Thankyou.... Water is hard at first but you do get used to it... I work in soft drinks so am used to drinking loads so that didn't feel too difficult to me.. I don't have the bars as I still have to avoid peanuts but find the shakes like vanilla and choc are really sweet so takes away that craving... Tho I don't know how I would feel being around chocolate all the time! I am aiming for 3 stone as well!! Let me know how you get on at weight in and keep with it cause it does get easier! Xx

Thanks vixxs - I'll mix it without the sweetner first and try it.

My first weigh-in is Monday. My CDC is on holiday so I have to weigh myself. Fortunately, my scales and my CDC's scales showed the same weight at first consultation.

I've stuck to the SSP to the letter so I'm hoping for a good loss. I defo feel lighter!

casablanca said:
Thanks vixxs - I'll mix it without the sweetner first and try it.

My first weigh-in is Monday. My CDC is on holiday so I have to weigh myself. Fortunately, my scales and my CDC's scales showed the same weight at first consultation.

I've stuck to the SSP to the letter so I'm hoping for a good loss. I defo feel lighter!

How was the porridge? I just had tomato soup for first time... It was ok but a but powdery compared to leek & pot and the mushroom but it certainly doesn't put me off! My scales always put me under my cdc's scales but then I always weigh myself first thing and after a wee!! My CDC doeesnt even let me take my shoes off!! Ah well! What's your target to lose? I need to lose 3 stone and I am trying to get the majority off before I go to v festival in August.... I go every year with some amazing mates and I am always the fattest one there... Even tho we have a great time I hate looking at the photos cause I always feel so disappointed in how I look... I want some pics I'm not embarrassed of! Anyway... Good luck for Monday. Bet you get A fab result. X

Ugh. I am soooooo hungry today
! Not sure why. Also feel v bloated... Don't normally have periods so not sure what's going on! Have kept myself busy by clearing out kitchen... Visiting my sister and posting loads of clothes in eBay! Hunger will pass!

Well. It's late. And I can't go to bed as I have to write an assignment for the OU... Nearly finished. Long slog of studying since 2008 for a much coveted degree... If all goes well then finish next April but sometimes I just can't be bothered and today is one of those days!!! Ah well... Shall crack on!

How was the porridge? I just had tomato soup for first time... It was ok but a but powdery compared to leek & pot and the mushroom but it certainly doesn't put me off! My scales always put me under my cdc's scales but then I always weigh myself first thing and after a wee!! My CDC doeesnt even let me take my shoes off!! Ah well! What's your target to lose? I need to lose 3 stone and I am trying to get the majority off before I go to v festival in August.... I go every year with some amazing mates and I am always the fattest one there... Even tho we have a great time I hate looking at the photos cause I always feel so disappointed in how I look... I want some pics I'm not embarrassed of! Anyway... Good luck for Monday. Bet you get A fab result. X

The porridge is too sweet for me, so don't think I'll be bothering with that again. Did you have the spicy tomato soup? I like that one. I put lots of black pepper in it and fresh basil to liven it up.

I lost 9lbs, leaving me a further 1st 5lb to lose. Would like to get there by end of August, if possible. V festival is a great incentive for you - this time round, you will be the skinny minny! x

Well. Just had a car accident where someone ran into the back of me! No major damage to cars or people thankfully but was shaking. A lot. So have eaten a roll and 2 Jaffa cakes! Hopefully will stop me shaking. Wasn't the wisest things to eat but I was feeling pretty traumatised! Just another great day! Aaarrggggghhhhhh!!!!

vixxs1980 said:
Well. Just had a car accident where someone ran into the back of me! No major damage to cars or people thankfully but was shaking. A lot. So have eaten a roll and 2 Jaffa cakes! Hopefully will stop me shaking. Wasn't the wisest things to eat but I was feeling pretty traumatised! Just another great day! Aaarrggggghhhhhh!!!!

Aww hope ur ok... Really shake you up!!! Don't worry about the Jaffa cakes could have been worse..

Thanks both. Am feeling better and to be honest think i was a bit shocked and the influx of sugar made me feel a lot better. It was one of those things and it's just important that no-one was hurt . Jaffa cakes are now forgotten! Back in plan! Xx

Well. Another week... Another weigh in... Another weight loss! Whoop!

Week 1 4lbs
Week 2 4lbs
Week 3 4lbs
Week 4 3lbs
Week 5 3lbs
18lbs loss total

And I am in the 10's! 10.12 to be exact! Whoop!

Thanks both. Am v happy too! I see some ppl who lose huge amount each week which is never going to be me... I think 3-4lbs a week will do! If I lose another 14lbs I will be matching my lowest weight since I had my son ( who will be 14 soon) which would be amazing! Am really excited by how much this diet works for me! Good luck to you both as well! Xx

Haha. Just wandered to the shops and kept looking at myself in shop windows and being really surprised! What a show off!

Weigh in tomorrow... Early weigh in only 5 days since last one due to work commitments so hoping that I get at least 2lbs... My weekly wi seems to be 3lb so hoping to get close to that... Need to drinks lots of water tonight as I haven't drunk enough today!!

Back