Just starting this journey

CatSimkin

Hi everyone,
Well this is all very new to me. I am determined , I will succeed to shift this 6stones that I have aimed for. My daughter and I are doing this together due to our health conditions. Being obese isn't helping us in anyway shape or form. We are struggling with syn's. My part is I can't seem to use my syns up, daughter is close to over syning as she has a very sweet tooth and boredom eats, any suggestions would be gladly appreciated. had our first wi on day6, I lost 2lbs and daughter gained .5lb, I had just finished* and daughter had just started*. She was very disheartened but she now realises about water retaining etc. Just a shame they came when they did, but hey ho, determined it isn't going to put us off.

Anyway, just thought would introduce myself, going to scour these pages for tips etc :)

Cat

Hi,

ive just joined today too :) fell off the wagon at Christmas and now hoping to get back on and lose the final stone that's still hanging around! Good luck to you and your daughter.

Welcome Cat and Samboss. You've definitely come to the right place for all sorts of help, friendship and fun! Love Mini's. As for the Syns, Cat, I usually have mine incorporated into my meals, with things like mayo, gravy granules (sometimes), curry paste, harissa paste, etc. Really feel for your daughter. How disappointing for her but, I suppose, at least she knows why and, fingers crossed, she'll get a good loss next week.

Falling off the band wagon is what a lot of us have done, in the past, Samboss! :) Really annoying but, at least, we're now back on track, hopefully for the last time!

Good luck to you all.

Kathy x

Hi cat,

noticed this new thred and I'm quite new to the forum. Been at slimming world since July and have slowly but sure chopped away at my extra weight. Getting there, with lots of help from group members and recently online. The advise I always give us don't be to disheartened on your first week I was a little bit in the first 4 weeks I got off 6 lbs which doesn't sound like a lot but believe me any weight off to me was nothing shirt than a miracle so keep going just think of all weight loss no matter how big or small as a loss NOT a gain 2lbs in a week is fab that's over half a stone in a month !
I've had to change the way I eat completely. I was snacking all day but now I eat full proper meals and snack on fruit/veg inbetween. Some nights I have a wee treat (packet of crisps / wee biccy or sometimes the odd takeaway at the weekend) this is where my syns go I find it helps me feel like I'm not cutting anything out just choosing what I want more carefully.
I hope your daughter sticks at it she'll prob find a great weight loss in the next few weeks xx

I haven't just fallen off the wagon in the past, I've blinkin eaten it!!

It happens to us all and as long as you figure out a way to power through any ups and downs, you will succeed here.
xx

Welcome Catsimkin, samboss, littlelou :)

Catsimkin as Kathy said incorporating your syns into meals is a good way of using them (and making your meals yummier!) Although if you are cooking for both you and your daughter you might want to keep meal syns down for her, so you could think about an evening treat? I sometimes have an options hot choc with a little squirty cream, and a biscuit or two! That ups my syns a bit in the weeks when I find I'm not using them, because I find if I cut them back too much I stop losing weight. Definitely you both need to be drinking lots of water if you're not already.

Samboss we have definitely all fallen off the wagon! I lost 5 stone in 2011 with SW, and then 'stepped off' the wagon rather than fell off due to a change in life circumstances. Since then I've regained almost 2 stone of that so I rejoined SW (and Mini's) in Jan this year and I've now lost all but 2lbs of that regain. So it's definitely worth getting back on the wagon! Good luck!

Last edited:
hi am pleased your daughter has got to understand about water weight and * week I know I never get weighed on star week because am at target I don't have to but I always gain up to 5lbs so annoying been a woman at times eh .. like flashharry has already said why not have syns with your meals could use sauces or even frozen foods its good you both doing it together I know my whole house is on slimming world all our meals is slimming world home cooked food for everyone! keep us updated on your losses I hope you find something you enjoy your syns in :)

Thanks for the welcome :) Things are going well, finally getting my head around syn's . Babybel are my saviour, lurve cheese and find having these in fridge are a great way of using my syn's . DD is getting around her sweet tooth lot better too, also seeing change on scales for her now, the wee bit encouragement she needed . Finding it really easy to adapt most meals now, already skin has improved and ibs is bliss now. Seeing so much positive things now and to top it all I aint hungry at all .

Cat

That's brilliant news! So glad for you both. So much better when you get the hang of it, isn't it? After a while, it just becomes second nature really. Think Mini's is a God-send too, with all the help, meal ideas and just chatting, in general. Hope things continue to be good for you both and we see you on Mini's lots.

Kathy x

Thanks for the welcome :) Things are going well, finally getting my head around syn's . Babybel are my saviour, lurve cheese and find having these in fridge are a great way of using my syn's . DD is getting around her sweet tooth lot better too, also seeing change on scales for her now, the wee bit encouragement she needed . Finding it really easy to adapt most meals now, already skin has improved and ibs is bliss now. Seeing so much positive things now and to top it all I aint hungry at all .

Cat

aw its good to hear you both are enjoying the plan I think its just until you get your head around what you can eat and what you would be good to hear how you do keep us updated :)

Hi, going well for daughter now, lost 8lbs at weigh in on Tuesday , sadly i managed to gain .5lb... oops, not to worry still working from my initial loss :)

Fab news for your daughter, CatSimkin! An amazing loss! And, well done, for putting your blip behind you and aiming for the future. :)

Kathy x

Back