Just to clarify EE

UglyBetty

Everything that is free on red and green is free on EE? 1 Hexa & 1 Hexb? Count the lowest syn value of red and green? Is that it or have i missed something?

Also where can i buy extra lean mince? I have only ever seen lean. Im so tempted to buy some stuff from Joes sausages but it's just so expensive!!

Yep, you've got it! As for mince, I just buy the leanest possible which usually just says 'lean' and 12% fat.

Thank you, Do you count the lean mince as free as i was told to syn it and only count extra lean as free.

Eek, this is the one I bought yesterday and thought it was free!!!

Tesco Lean Steak Mince, Less Than 12% Fat, chilled 100g

red.gif
Original 3 Syns
green.gif
Green 9½ Syns

Eek, this is the one I bought yesterday and thought it was free!!!

Tesco Lean Steak Mince, Less Than 12% Fat, chilled 100g

red.gif
Original 3 Syns
green.gif
Green 9½ Syns

Oppss! Do you have syns saved up? Hopefully it wont make a big difference to your weight loss.

I bought 2 x 500g packs of it (the organic one but I'm guessing it's similar) and have used it in the chilli I've made for buffet night.

Dilemma....do I just tell them it's free as I assumed it was or confess that I made a mistake and that the whole pot is 30 syns??!

I tend to buy the lowest fat one and not worry about the syns unless it has cereal in it.

Morrisons do extra lean mince aswell as lean. It works out a bit more money but worth it. Ive also seen it in asda as extra lean.

If I haven't got extra lean mince, I'll get the leanest I can, brown off seperately and drain the fat off, then I don't count the syns.

I have always just bought lean as i can never find extra lean, i have never counted the syns in it . I think i will start going to butchers for my mince.

I'm so happy its the lowest syn value of red or green on extra easy. I was just trying to work that out from the extra easy booklet and not getting anywhere.

I've always bought Tesco healthy living/light choices frozen mince and never counted the syns but then chose to just use quorn as it is free AND a speed food :angel09:

Back