Consolidation just too.scared

shazaram

to go into.consolidation that is. i hit my target this week! 2.5 stones gone, from size 16 to a ten im so pleased i stuck to it now :) my issue is im too scared to move on now, i had a slice of wholemeal last night.n worried about it all night long :( my husband is taking me to the harvester for tea tonight but im so scared I'll pile it all back on again.. can anybody Here give me any advice or let me know how they felt at this stage and even whether they've gained in consolidation please xxx

Well done you!

Don't be scared - everyone seems to feel this way entering conso!

Just take it a day at a time, it's just cruise with extras, so you can take it a step at a time - start by going to a 6pv/1pp schedule, then add in the bread, cheese, gala and starch as you get more confident.

Remember - if you see the scales go up all you need to do is go straight back a few steps to cruise, so it's hard to "pile it back on" if you keep to that commitment.

thankyou so much for replying. i will give it a go and like you say i know how to pull it back if i do start to gain again, do you have the slices of wholemeal a day or just if you really want it? i think its thwarting bread and pasta that scares me the.most. also do you now always have veggies aside from your pp day?

I started conso three weeks ago and I've been too scared to weigh myself until this morning. Bit the bullet, hopped on the scales and I've actually lost another pound!
Have faith :)
Oh and well done!!! You've done fantastic!! Be proud :) x

thankyou so much, its funny.i was only saying this morning I'll never avoid the scales again as i know for me its like denial and such a slippery slope.. I'll keep an eye on myself but would still be.thrilled to lose a couple more lbs here n there x

I have never gone back to pasta - I just don't fancy it anymore.
I also dislike supermarket bread now as well, so I tend to buy artisan bread and freeze it to get my two small slices a day.

Hi, sorry to hijack your thread, but do you have to eat all the allowed food on the consolidation phase every day? Ie 2 slices of bread, the cheese etc or is it that you can if you want to?
Thanks in advance
Sue

Don't be scared, how great that you have got there and remember you are in control, enjoy this new phase!!! x

Sue - you are supposed to eat these extra foods, so that you are reintroducing carbs and fat to your diet in a controlled way.

sue i wondered this too. thankyou for clearing it up for us, i guess its just getting used to the new way of eating isn't it.. im scared that when.the rules lets off a little I'll lose my control but realise that is down to me x

I have never gone back to pasta - I just don't fancy it anymore.
I also dislike supermarket bread now as well, so I tend to buy artisan bread and freeze it to get my two small slices a day.

Ditto Atropos! There was much excitement for my first pasta meal and I just didn't enjoy it. Only have it very, very rarely now (small amount in soup, for ex).

As for bread, I prefer Dukan bread now. Tastes have definitely changed.

Most of us have lost in the first stages of Conso. Just don't go mad with your gala meal (1 portion not 3;)) and you'll be fine!

Thank you , I did think that I probably should be having them but wasn't sure, the book was a little vague.. Thank goodness I have you all for advice.. Thank you again

Back