Just Want a Vent...............

Cruiksl

Silver Member
Afternoon,

Nothing about weight - I just want to have a vent about garages.

I dropped my car off at 9.00am this morning for an MOT at the Renault garage as requested by them.

I've been trying to get through since 2pm to explain to them that I need to pick up the car before 5pm so that I can collect my ds from nursery. I eventually get through at 4pm - I'm told they are just working on it and they'll give me a call to let me know whether or not it's passed or failed. Arrghgghh. It's now 5pm and still no call and no idea whether or not it's passed or not. I've also had to call the grandparents to get them to pick up DS as there is no way I can get to the garage and back in time now.

I'm raging !

Sorry - rant over - I feel much calmer.

hope you get it back soon x

always good to get it out of the system hope its all sorted soon

Garage phoned just after 5. The car failed it's MOT :cry:. Needs new rear brake pads and a new wiper. That's ok but what's worse is since I bought the car new 3 years ago, it's been losing 10 mins on the clock every month. At every service, I've mentioned this to them only to be told there's not a problem. This time, I mentioned it again expecting the same answer for them to turn around and say - it needs a new computer system - eh ? So the car is now in the garage until the end of the week. I luckily have a courtesy car but DS's car seat is in my car and they close the garage at 5.30 and it's at least a half hour drive away when it's not rush hour. So not amused......

Have managed to borrow a car seat from my folks but ggrrrrhhhh. I really want something unhealthy to eat...........

Don't cave in Cruiks! We all have these weak moments but don't do it. You have coped with the situation up now and can do for the rest of the evening. If you can get through this without cheating you can get through anything else that comes you way. Stay strong, you can do it.

Darned garages, I hope you dont have to pay for the new computer system when they should have spotted this every year when you mentioned about it.

Back