Just wondering.........

time4action

I'm thinking about having a go with CD again just to get things kickstarted. SW is a great eating plan but I need a serious kick up the bum and have no social events planned in the near future so this is a good a time as any to focus on me.

One question I have, I hope someone knows this, is that I had to fight tooth and nail with my GP last year to get the medical form signed and I seriously doubt she'd do it again. Would the original one still be valid?

Thanks for your help.

I dont think you have to get anything signed. The CDC just informs the GP as far as I know. Good luck.

I believe that you only need a form signed if you want to do SS or have a BMI over 40.

If you can't get a form signed, I 'think' you can do SS+?

Might be worth having a look on the CD site to see if that will tell you?

Did you have problems getting it signed due to a medical condition, or a high BMI?

If your BMI is over 40 then you could do e.g. 1000 cals until it came down to below 40, then you could SS without doctor's consent.

I am on SS and CDC said I did not need Doctors consent as I am on no medication and BMI is under 40 but my Husband who is on medication did have to get doctors consent first. She did say she would notify my doctor of me starting.

Hi, and thanks for your comments. Spoke to new CDC tonight and she suggested doing the SS+ until my BMI comes down and then full on SS so she's coming tomorrow night with my packs and I'm happy.

Thats me back on track yay !

p.s no underlying medical condition just a BMI of 42 and my doc the last time refused point blank to sign the medical form and I really had to persuade her and she finally relented (I'm not a fan of my doc but heyho!)

Wish me luck x

Back