Just wondering.........

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by time4action, 6 July 2009 Social URL.

1. time4action

time4action Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.04%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    I'm thinking about having a go with CD again just to get things kickstarted. SW is a great eating plan but I need a serious kick up the bum and have no social events planned in the near future so this is a good a time as any to focus on me.

One question I have, I hope someone knows this, is that I had to fight tooth and nail with my GP last year to get the medical form signed and I seriously doubt she'd do it again. Would the original one still be valid?

Thanks for your help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yvonne1989

Yvonne1989 Needs to stop eating!!

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.04%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I dont think you have to get anything signed. The CDC just informs the GP as far as I know. Good luck.

4. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    I believe that you only need a form signed if you want to do SS or have a BMI over 40.

If you can't get a form signed, I 'think' you can do SS+?

Might be worth having a look on the CD site to see if that will tell you?

5. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    Did you have problems getting it signed due to a medical condition, or a high BMI?

If your BMI is over 40 then you could do e.g. 1000 cals until it came down to below 40, then you could SS without doctor's consent.

6. Penny

Penny Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am on SS and CDC said I did not need Doctors consent as I am on no medication and BMI is under 40 but my Husband who is on medication did have to get doctors consent first. She did say she would notify my doctor of me starting.

7. time4action

time4action Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.04%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    Hi, and thanks for your comments. Spoke to new CDC tonight and she suggested doing the SS+ until my BMI comes down and then full on SS so she's coming tomorrow night with my packs and I'm happy.

Thats me back on track yay !

p.s no underlying medical condition just a BMI of 42 and my doc the last time refused point blank to sign the medical form and I really had to persuade her and she finally relented (I'm not a fan of my doc but heyho!)

Wish me luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.