Just wondering...

*lesley*

Silver Member
Off on hols for a few days a week on Monday and i've kind of made the decision to eat for 3 days albeit low amounts.
Has anyone else done this and what was the outcome? Was lots of weight added?
I don't want to put lots back on as only just getting going but equally i have been looking forward to getting away for a long time and really don't want to not eat anything.
And when i get back, it's going to be 100% until my next holiday in Oct ;)

I have taken three days off after my first week. I have been conservative in my eating but still managed to lose 3 lbs on my second weigh in. Eat small and healthy...you should be fine. Good luck!

Off on hols for a few days a week on Monday and i've kind of made the decision to eat for 3 days albeit low amounts.
Has anyone else done this and what was the outcome? Was lots of weight added?
I don't want to put lots back on as only just getting going but equally i have been looking forward to getting away for a long time and really don't want to not eat anything.
And when i get back, it's going to be 100% until my next holiday in Oct ;)

Hi Lesley,

Its not really a good idea to eat without doing refeed as you could gain anything from 7 to 10 lbs immediately, this will only be glycogen and water but will still make you feel miserable. If you have a full week before your hols you should def refeed then enjoy your holidays.

I did this recently and only gained 2 lbs on my holiday week.

Best of luck!

i did it last weekend ( rightly or wrongly three days off TFR without a re-feed), didn't skimp on the eating lol far from it, but did do a lot of hiking (15 hrs or so) put on 3lbs ! I am having my official weigh in on monday as i put it off from my usual friday so i had a chance to get that 3lbs back off, but my scales (yes i know no i shouldn't look but i do) say i have lost 9lbs so far since i got back on TFR on monday, take from that what you will, this is my experience i can not promise it would be the same for you, I must add a bit of a warning that getting back on the wagon is hard really hard !

Last edited:
just to add, I'll be updating my diary on monday after my official weigh in if you want to hear the final damages/results x

Back