Kaitlyn's Diary

Have just measured myself: bust 128, waist 107, hips 137cm. they're more pleasing than the scales.

I haven't posted on here in ages. Oops. I'm terrible at remembering to post on here.

I've not dared weight myself since christmas-we all had a few too many chocolates. But I'm getting back on track. I've even started thinking about my new years resolutions (which is organised for me). They are:

1-drink more water (I never drink enough and quite often get dehydrated).
2-cut out chocolate (with the exception of special occassions-my special treat).
3-cut down on bread. Sometimes, all I want to eat is toast.
4-cut down on sugar. Obviously, this will be mostly accomplished through cutting out of chocolate, but I also have sugar on cornflakes, which I'm going to stop.
5-weigh and measure myself weekly, and update it on here, so I have someone to answer to if it's not updated.

I have just measured myself (first time since I was last on here)-I did feel as though I was getting smaller, as my bras are becoming too big on me-I don't want to lose my boobs-I kind of like them. Anyway, hips 142cm, waist 115cm, bust (with bra) 125cm, without 130cm. No idea whether I am measuring accurately, as these measurements seem to be going up and down quite a bit.

New years resolutions are going OK, not great, but OK. I've increased my intake of water, reduced my intake of bread and have had, I think, two bowls of cereal, with a teeny bit of sugar on, so the sugar's been cut down, too. I have had a little bit of chocolate though. I went to my friend's house and she had had some boxes of chocolate for christmas, and she offered me some chocolate, and I did have a couple of pieces.

As for measuring myself: hips 140, waist 112, bust (no bra) 125.

Thank you Caws. I feel I need encouragement cos it just seems to be going so slow. Anyway, you've done well. I see from your bar down the side you've lost 35lb. Wow! How's uni going? You'll have done a placement by now, I guess?

My second placement starts next week ! The time has just flown by.

The weight I've lost has been over a couple of years Kaitlyn. Lose abit, stay the same, gain abit !! It's a loooooong road.

Thanks for your reply Caws. Good luck with your second placement. Before you know it, you'll be qualifying.

My mum and sister have decided they want to lose weight, too (my sister has a few pounds to lose, my mum has about a stone and a half). So we wrote out a weekly menu, and therefore, I actually know what I'm going to have all week. No rummaging around the fridge or my cupboards for something edible.

Today, we had (home made by me) veg curry with rice and a sainsbury's mini good for you garlic naan each. It was so yummy. I think I made too much curry though; mum had some for tea, and she's taken some to work tonight and there's some left in the fridge, too. Might be having it for tea for the next week or so!

We got our ingredients for the next three days, too. Tomorrow I'm making garlicky lentil soup and Thursday we're having broccoli and cauliflower in tomato sauce. I'm going to be such a skilled cook soon, with so many diverse dishes. Just a few months ago, I couldn't cook a thing (with the exception of, maybe, cheese on toast or throwing some tuna, mayo and pasta together). If I ever get tired of nursing, I'll have to open my own restaurant.

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today-not so self pitying (if that is such a word?). My period came this morning so I feel much happier about everything. So what, I may have only lost four pounds in forever (about five months, I think). But I will do it, I will lose the rest.

I have joined the Valentine challenge, and am aiming to lose 7lb by valentine day, which would bring the total loss to 11lb. It's a good start.

I have just weighed myself, and have lost 4lb since I last weighed myself! Over half a stone gone! I have adjusted my valentine ticker to start from now, as I didn't weigh myself immediately prior to starting it. So when I achieve it, it will be a loss of 15lb. Yay.

I did weigh myself after lunch, though, so I may have lost more? I had a lovely lunch, made from scratch by me-I'm loving all this cooking. It was brocoli and cauli covered with tomato sauce (116 cals) and a Sainsbury's good for you naan (114 cals) followed by Sainsbury's good for you crisps (just short of 100 cals).

hi sounds good all that cooking, I'm learning how to cook and now i can make stir fries, meat balls and pizza, so its coming along for me too!

It is fun, isn't it, Georgiestar? I absolutely love cooking now.

I made spaghetti with mushrooms today-it had onion, garlic, herbs and white wine in it, too. Was about 450ish cals, so the most calorific (is that a word?) thing I've cooked so far.

Another 2lb off! Yay.

Kaitlyn

You are really doing well! Losing weight and the cooking.

Can i make a suggestion? Try and drink 2ltrs of water a day, have 2 pieces of fruit and take a multi vitamin. I'll try to pop in here more often.

Again well done on the loss!!

Bren
X

I reached my Valentine goal :D :bliss: . Am very very happy about it.

I've been so busy recently I haven't been on here for a few weeks.

My next goal is to lose another 7lb (6 would take me down to my weight for starting uni).

Bren, thanks for the suggestions. I drink no where near enough (I had 2 tall glasses of squash yesterday and desperately :sign0007: ). I do aim for plenty of fruit and veg (eat very little meat anyway, so when we have a sunday dinner, I always want plenty of veg). I'm a bit funny about taking meds (I was ill on my last holiday and my friends had to practically force feed them to me) even if it's only a multivitamin, which is weird really, seeing how I spend my day making sure others take their meds.

Last edited:
Darl, congrats on your valentines day mini goal!!!! you are going really well still even though you have been busy which is usually the time most of us fall off the wagon, so well done.

I eat lots of vege also, I'm a vegetarian. I just suggested the multi because if you are not getting enough vits your body will hold onto food and fat to get those stores up, even if you are on a VLCD. This way if you are having your daily intake the body will start to use stored fat to process the healthy food you are giving it (healthy food being, low in fat but with a good amount of protein).

Anyways if you are loosing you must be having enough vits, just up the water.

When does Uni start??

Bren
X

I've finished uni, Bren. We just finish later than the week graduations are held, so have to wait almost a whole year to graduate :sigh: Not fair-all my friends that have done other degrees had their graduation ceremony last autumn. At least I've something to look forward to next summer.

And I never knew that about vitamins.

I've had more water today-3 or 4 tall glasses (I'm guessing, though I really should measure them, that they hold about 300-400ml).

I had a very healthy dinner last night-salmon (my most favourite fish-even though my dog turned his nose up at the little piece I offered him!-the cat ate it for him, though) with a couple of small potatoes, most of a small tin of peas and about 4 pieces of broccoli, all sprikled with yummy herbs (have taken a big liking to herns since I've been cooking). And today, when everyone else had a Sunday dinner with lamb (yuck) I had veg with them, and added some extra veg. It was a very nice dinner.

Anyway, I'm thinking about 3 weeks for my next goal. That's only just over 2lb a week, which is completely achieveable. Which would take me to early March.

A very sensible and achieveable goal darl.

Definitely measure the glass you'll be suprised. Also great choice on the vege as filling up on this means low calorie intake. Dont eat too much salmon as it is a very oily fish. White fish in a baking tray with a lime quartered(squeeze onto the fish and put the quarters in the tray too), 2 half tomatoes, zucchini and onion, salt and pepper and corriander served on a small (1/2 cup of sweet potato mash) Yummy.......

I suppose my mini goal for 1st of March would be to loose 2 kg's at least.

Bren
X

Sounds like a healthy meal! I've recently got a herb garden & agree they're great to cook with. Your mini goals sound good, they really give you something to work for! Congrats on losing 15lbs!

Hey Kaitlyn where you at????

Bren
X

Hi.

I've not weighed myself yet for my goal, but I have made the goal official with a ticker.

That recipe sounds nice, Bren. Just need to go shopping to get the ingredients.

Thank you, Shygirl, for your congratulations on my 15lb loss.

Well, I'm really happy at the moment, cos I keep losing my jeans. Some of them are so bad that I'm walking around pulling them up, and others, its only when I run upstairs. I think I might have to go shopping soon (and see if my sister's got a belt I can steal off her in the mean time).

My mum and sister have given up on their diet. It's a bit of a nusiance cos I don't see the point in cooking nice meals that take a while just for myself and at the moment, we've only got a tiny freezer (though they are going to get a small chest freezer so when I move out, I can stock them up with nice dinners-and stuff for myself until I move out).

Back