Kaitlyn's Diary

You seem to have made a big achievement with the water Kaitlyn, yay!!!!!! for you.

I woke up and left the house by 5.30am this morning to take hubby to work for 6am. Then wen to the gym at 6.30 on my way home from dropping him off. I weighed when I got home from the gym, after the loo and 600ml of water at the gym.... to find a gain on the scales!

Tummy was churning like made and really didn't feel like my body had finished sleeping so went back to bed. weighed again 3 hours later and back to 70.6. I just knew that my body hadn't finished with yesterday's food processing!! Does this make sense to you??? Still feel a little tired and weiry but must press on today.

Bren
X

-4 lb

I weighed myself as promised.

And I managed the other 2 glasses of water yesterday, too. Don't think I'm quite there today, yet, though (at number 4, I think).

You seem to really know your body, Bren.

WOOOO Hooooo babe on the -4lbs that's great!!

I've gained 200 gm today but the only thing I ate really to plan yesterday was the water, breaky and 2 fruits!!

Off for a walk and cant wait for tomorrow to get back into a routine as the past 5 days for me have only been very half hearted due to social outings. My body has in a sense been doing a mini refeed.... oops.

Sleep well hun and chat tomorrow.

bren
X

Hey, I'm still around Kaitlyn and checking up on you. Just been fairly busy.

Well done on the 4lb loss :)

Kaitlyn you are soooo close to that second goal hun! Where are you????

Bren
X

Hi. Thanks Bren and Caws.

I'm off work this week, but just seem mega busy. I've a friend over to stay (whom I've not seen for such a long time), so we're dong all the catching up, and with all our other friends he's not seen for ages. I've just jumped on here whilst he's taking a quick shower.

Anyway, food wise, diet's not too bad this week. However, we have been out everynight he's been here, all, although I've not really drank much, just maybe a couple of glasses of cocktails or a glass of wine (and have turned down the late night chips etc), I've probably consumed more calories than I should have in the alcohol. Am I right thinking that?

So, I understand where you're coming from, Bren, with your diet going out the window at the moment.

Anyway, I'll catch up with you properly when he's gone. Speak to you soon.

Definitely honey, enjoy the company and catching up. Remember to keep up your water.

Bren
X

Alcohol does have alot of calories Kaitlyn but it's a week that you're spending with a friend you haven't seen for a while. It's not as if you're out every night usually !!

Have a good week.

Well, my friends gone home now. It was really nice catching up with him-it's been absolutely ages since we last saw each other.

I didn't drink that much really (he and other friends were drinking at least 2 to my 1, and mine weren't always alcoholic). I hardly ever drink (can't even remember the last time I was drunk!)-there was no way on earth I was going to even attempt keeping up with them.

I've not dared weigh myself since my freidns got here, in case I've put on. But, my diet hasn't been too bad this last week. Since he arrived, I've had (I think) a homemade veg curry and rice (Tuesday), toast and cornflakes, a chicken korma with rice, naan and poppadoms, and a slice of toast (Wednesday), toast and cornflakes, homemade soup, a shop bought chicken ceaser salad wrap (Thursday). Yesterday was kind of bad. I ate breakfast (toast and cornflakes) about 930 in the morning and then wasn't hungry til much later (about 9) when I had lunch (!)-a cheese sandwich. I was good and turned down the late night post-pub fatty foods.

My fluid intake hasn't been too bad, probably not as much as it had been, but not absolutely awful. I've been having a few glasses of water in the mornings (especially Thursday. Despite the fact that I had no more than 4 or 5 glasses of cocktail over about 9 hours (not too bad, considering the length of time it was over), I still felt a bit headachy when I got up Thursday morning) and then more water throughout the day before going out.

I've not had a chance to go swimming or anything this week. The only chance I've had of doing exercise has been walking into town, which is probably about 2 miles each way.

Well like you said Kaitlyn, friends are gone and you can get back in the grove of your life!

Drink the water do a little exercise, start feeling energetic and wait until your WI. No dramas hun and glad you enjoyed yourself!

I also had a visitor over the weekend and I managed well just like you though a few days of not my usual water intake but back to things now.

Bren
X

Oops, not posted in almost a week.

Have been mega busy at work at the moment-general under staffng, sickness and poorly timed annual leave (although no doubt they were complaining about me with that the week before).

Going to weigh in tomorrow.

How has your water been this week??

Oh and your WI this morning??

I gained this week but my measurements are the same so not too fussed and I also played with my pill to postpone my period a week so I can enjoy Thailand. I think this has contributed to fluid retention a little also.

Bren
X

It's been a week again since I last came on here. I'm just real busy at the moment. It's my half day at work today, so I'm trying to really quickly catch up before dashing out for the afternoon to visit a friend.

I think I've managed to keep the water intake up, but I've overdone the calories, I think, for the past week or so. I start each day with the intention that I'll restrict my calories to about 1400, end up not managing to eat regularly, getting very hungry, and binging on toast.

On the positive side, I got a wheel thingy with my Nursing Standard today. You have to align your height with your waist circumfrence, and it tells you whether you should take care cos your waist is too small for your height (chille shaped), whether it's right (pear shaped) consider taking action (pearapple) or whether you should take action now (apple). Mine was 40inches (102cm)- about half way in the consider taking action, which suggests that, although it should be narrower, it's not mega-bad. Normal, for me (5ft 11), is about 29-35.5 (74-91cm). Oh, and it says your waist circumfrence should be less than half your height, which I never knew. Anyway, at least I have a healthy waist circumfrence to aim for.

Forgot to say, I really don't know if my tastes are changing-I used to love sweet food, and would prefer a pudding to starters, but recently, when we've had a pudding served up after our Sunday dinner (I know I probably shouldn't, but we always have a pudding after dinner on a Sunday)-they've been disgusting, I've had one bite and just thought they've been absolutely horrible and not eaten any more.

Wow I'm only 5'4" so am sure to be an apple !!

Tastes do change. I rarely drink fizzy drinks now because they are so sweet (even the diet ones) I always find if I don't eat regularly that's when I reach for the biscuits or chocolate for a quick fix :sigh:

I have re-measured myself:
waist: 102
hips: 130
breasts: 119

I've just looked back on what I was when I first measured. I've lost 15cm from my wasit :D, 12cm from my hips :D and 10cm from my breasts :eek::cry::sigh: (lots of smilies to express my very unhappiness at the new breast measurements). Very pleased about the first two, but, I don't know if it's the top I'm wearing, the bra I'm wearing or the fact that my shape has changed, but my breasts actually look bigger than they were before even though they are a whole 4 inches smaller (!), and I've quite a nice shape appearing now. My mum says I've lost weight from my middle, just under my breasts, and the other day she was complimenting me on my waist. My waist has always been kind of obvious, but it's getting quite nice looking now (I sound awfully self obsessed and cocky-I'm not, I promise, just real pleased).

I was looking through photos the other day, and I had quite a nice figure when I was younger. There's photos of me when I was about 15 or 16 (only about 6 or 7 years ago), and, although at the time, I thought I was fat (I was in a size 14/16 back then, I think, but, even though I was about my height (5ft 11) back then, at 15/16, a size 14/16, and being 14 stone, is fat and heavy), but I looked good and quite slim. I think, for now, that will be my new goal, to get to 14 stone and get into a size 16, initially. I would like to get down to 12 stone, still, but I know that, even at 14 stone (which, I think, would still be overweight for my height), I looked good.

Well, for Easter I have been a good girl. I've had a small Maltesers Easter egg on Friday (nan moans about that, but I'm not really religious and to me Good Friday is a part of Easter) and my friend bought me a pack of the very small Lindt Easter bunnys. They are absolutely gorgeous-I've had 2 and my mum and sister have had one each. I've one on the fire place downstairs which I'll have tomorrow. I think I'm going to give up chocolate after Easter for a few weeks.

I was so pleased the other day, as some one mistook me for a few years younger than I am.

I got my period yesterday (the downside of losing weight, even as little as I've lost, is the increased number of periods-I hate them), and, as a consequence, for the last week or so I've had a good few spots (about 4 or 5, which I feel guilty moaning about cos my sister gets loads and her face is quite scarred by them now) appear on my chin (kind of in line with the corners of my mouth) mostly. I read once, ages ago, that different locations have different causes (eg imbalanced diet etc). Anyone know if that's true? And if so, what mine mean?

I still can't get over the 37cm in total I have lost. So, so happy about it.

Hi Kaitlyn,

Awesome work on the new measurements, well done!

Bren
X

reached my target. Hopefully I'm back on track now. Next target is quite big; to lose 1.5 stone! I'll try it, but if it feels too daunting, I think I'll split it into a couple of much smaller targets.

I haven't been on Minimins in 2 months - since the 1st May!

I have so slipped in that time. Back to 18 stone 8! I'ts a bit of a disappointment in all honesty, not only the gain but also the disappointing grand total of 20lb lost in 11 months. I can't find a tape measure, so I can't do my measurements at the moment.

I have been mega-busy these last few months. Still, that's no excuse. On the plus side, however, I have, in all that time, eaten very little chocolate, which is good as that was probably my main weakness. I have, instead, though, taking a liking to custard creams dunked in hot coffee. I don't eat them nearly as often as I would eat chocolate at uni, so it's still an imporvement, but I know I seriously need to cut the number of them I eat.

I've set myself a goal of losing 7lb this month. Hopefully, that'll be a nice fairly small, and most definitely manageble amount to lose by the end of the month, which should also motivate me to get back on track.

Back