Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

hope you are still on the mend !!

Thanks all. Tummy is still tender, although I managed to eat my pasta and sorbet at F and B's and keep it down (albeit with some cramping later).

I can't seem to summon up any enthusiasm for eating. I've been shopping and got loads of yummy food in the fridge and I just don't want to eat any of it. Keith says make the most of it and lose some weight without trying for a change ha ha. He's being very nice and making sure I eat a little so that I don't go woozy which can happen to me if I go too long without eating.

Today I have managed half a bowl of carrot and parsnip soup with a wholemeal roll, a piece of flapjack, a handful of nuts and an oat bar.

I'll be wasting away :D

My m-i-l thinks I should look for a brown dress for the wedding as she thinks I look nice in brown - not as harsh as black (which I usually wear a lot of). So I'm going to see if I can find a nice brown summery dress which I could wear with a cream pashmina then I could borrow M's cream hat and I'd be sorted.

I'll let you know if I find anything nice.

I like it.. I don't think too short. Could wear it with some coloured tights?

Is wearing white to weddings frowned apon? I have a wedding to go to in 2 months and I have a nice white/cream shift dress but I don't know if that would perhaps be inappropriate? I'd wear it with coral accessories or something for colour, but I haven't been to many weddings so don't know! What do you think? :p

I think there used to be a view that wearing white to a wedding was not the done thing because it was seen to be upstaging the bride. I'd wear it with coloured accessories, don't see why it would be a problem in this day and age.

I think anythig goes these days - long as it looks smart with nice accesories - ive seen loads wedding pics of friends on facebook and plenty even wear black !

Didn't Posh and Becks have a white and gold only dress code for their wedding!?!
I think that in 2009, quite a lot goes for weddings-though I doubt my whole I'd like to wear a black wedding dress idea will never take off...

Karen, the dress is very pretty, perfect for a wedding, and you'll need minimal accessories which is always a bonus-just some coloured tights and a nice tear drop type necklace and you're sorted. It is an adorable dress, where did you find it?

Hi guys. Lost another 2lbs this week and starting to eat reasonably normally again :)

Still waiting for the results of my x rays but got my blood test back. Doc says my B12 levels are significantly low. This is a form of anaemia apparently and, if it goes on for a long time, can cause neurological problems such as confusion, tingling and numbness in hands and feet and feeling cold. All of these I have so it seems that at least part of my hand problems may well be down to this.

I have to have B12 injections for the next 10 weeks and then further tests three months after that as, if it is pernicious anaemia, I will need booster jabs every three months.

If this sorts it all out, I shall be a happy bunny :)

Well Done on your 2lb off !!!

Glad you are at last getting somewhere with docs and hopefully getting sorted out xx

Yes, would be great news. Although I have just reread all the information from the doctor and I'm expected to inject myself!!!

:eek:

Well done on the 2lbs. Just ignore the 'do-it-yourself' instructions if you don't fancy it, my nurses give B12 injections to patients all the time, just book in and say your needle phobic if they query it.

I love the dress and like the chunky bangle thing too.

M

Well done Karen. 2lbs is fantastic! I have my fingers crossed that these injections sort you out. At least you now know what the problem is and they can work on sorting you out. You are very brave. I am bad with injections :/

Goodluck for this week :)

Love the dress :D I hope the deficiency is what's causing your hand problems, not bad to get it sorted with a few injections :p
I couldn't ever give myself an injection :eek: though I am pretty needle-phobic, or in general just pain-phobic :p

Hope it helps your hands :)

xx

Thanks all. Well the pharmacist is in agreement - he was not happy that the doctor had prescribed self-administration for someone who has never injected themselves before. He suggests I get the nurse to teach me how to do them as they're likely to be a regular thing. My mum tells me my grandma had pernicious anaemia so don't know if there's a genetic component.

I've been a total pig yesterday and today. Went really well yesterday - wholemeal sandwiches with hoummous and salad and a soya latte and a big salad and fruit and jaffa cake bar in the evening. Then we went to an open air theatre production and DH decided on the way home to get pizza and chips. So we had those and non-diet pop and chocolate!!! A good 20 points over!

Today, started with good intentions - fruit and oatmeal for brekkie. Then we drove to Sheffield to look at a car (and bought it - here's a pic)

So DH decides that we're off to Frankie and Benny's to celebrate. I was determined to have penne arrabiata and mango sorbet but actually had veggie burger and chips, choc chip cookie ice cream explosion and a couple of boozy cocktails.

Where oh where oh where has my self-control gone? Not very vegan either!

Ah well, tomorrow is another day!

Back