Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Thanks y'all. I'm a happy bunny and getting this week off to a good start I think. Went to pictures again last night and was v proud of myself as I didn't have popcorn (no points left).

Sun is shining today so going to take the dog to our local nature reserve so we can have a good yomp about and earn some APs.

Making stuffed marrow for dinner *slurp*

Why thank you :)

Well Muffin has had two good walks and is now sleeping on his daddy's lap, having totally disgraced himself by having a fight with another dog and then trying to eat someone's picnic and sticking his face in their tiramisu!

I made stuffed marrow for tea which was lovely - I'm very full! Have raspberries with soya cream for later but not sure I'll have room for them!

Anyway, next thing...

I have a wedding to go to in four weeks, which is going to be quite a formal event. I don't have any suitable clothes, nor do I possess a hat and I don't want to spend much money on something that a) I won't get much wear out of and b) hopefully won't fit me for long.

Any ideas?

Hiya i would scour the charity shops first.
Ive seen loads of gorgess hats lately and nice outfits suitable for a wedding,also have a look on ebay.
Good luck x

yeah - thats what Id suggest too - these charity shops have some really nice things now - some is even brand new

I'm going to have a good look round the charity shops this coming weekend; the only problem I've ever had with them is that the nice clothes always seem to be in the smaller sizes. Still maybe I'll get lucky.

Not at work today; I either have a tummy bug or food poisoning. Don't know which but I'm in pain, can't even drink water without pain and I have had *ahem* the opposite of Fitz's problem!

I do have these bouts of tummy trouble periodically - the only good thing about them is that I usually knock of half a stone or so.

accessories are the way forward here Karen! :p

new bracelet / necklace / earrings - if you need to buy a new outfit pick something neutral that suits your colouring with a sensible style that doesnt go out of fashion - then next event change the accessories!

you'd be surprised with the charity shops though - you do get some lovely stuff in them :D x

Hey my love well done on the loss that's fab!

Wedding outfit i'm with Rach 100% jazz an existing outfit with some well chosen accessories from the charity shop if you will. They often have lots of hats this time of year and it's always worth asking if they have any out back. I was producing a play in which we needed about 15 formal hats and i managed to get most of them from one charity shop just from asking.

Good luck on your hat mission :D xxx

Go charity shopping in rich areas

That has certainly worked well for me in the past!

Morning all. I'm still off sick with my tummy bug. Yesterday I managed one banana and some peppermint tea! Today I'm hoping to splash out on some toast and marmalade. I've decamped off the boat to Widgy House so that I can have a bath; I'm currently in bed with the dog :)

Hi karen,
How are you feeling today? Hope your feeling better now.
So which diet are you now following as i no you did change to sw?
Hope you and hubby are well xx

Hope you're feeling better today Karen.

Now wedding outfit I have a very nice cream hat, cost 3 arms and 2 legs don't know what I was thinking of but just so glad to get friend married off at 44 and out of the arms of ratbags I splashed out. Anyhow happy to send it over if you can't find one its in its box still never been out again. Just PM details if you want to borrow it.

Charity shops sounds good idea and also accesories. You'll look great whatever.

M

Hi Karen, hope your tum is feeling a bit better today :) ... My dress alterations are costing me a tenner ! .. bargain!
Ive scouted charity shops today for some shoes but no luck yet! ...
Hope you manage to find somthing :)

Hey Karen! I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself x x x

Thanks for good wishes all. M, I might just take you up on the offer of the hat - I'll have a scout round the shops this weekend and then let you know. Autumn colours are good on me so I might look for browns and creams regardless...

Gemma, I was doing SW for a while then I fell off the wagon completely and now I'm doing a relaxed version of WW which means I'm eating intuitively, using a satiety scale but keeping a rough track of points. I'm mostly vegan now as well and there's very little junk food available that's vegan so I'm cooking mostly from scratch too.

Feeling a lot better today; stayed off work again as was quite wiped out yesterday, mostly because I managed to eat very little.

Today I had two bananas and some toast and marmalade. That seemed to stay down ok so risked penne arrabiata and mango sorbet (not at the same time!) at Frankie and Benny's as my son is home from Brighton to pick up his stuff and of course is starving to death (!)

Great Karen, I hope this is working for you hun. I no which ever plan its so hard.
We no what to do but some times rather not follow the plan. Hope you have a great week x

Morning Karen.
I hope you are feeling better today and that tummy is more settled...
Thanks for your support over last few days it means alot xxx

hey Kazza :) hope you're feeling much better today? :) how did the frankie and bennys turn out? x

Back