Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Well done!! Woohoo.. a stone gone, thats brilliant

Yay well done :) ... brilliant stuf! Im trying core (badly) lol ...

Have a great week xx

Thanks I'm pleased :)

It's definitely floating weather isn't it? Last year when it was this wet, our friends kept asking us if we were ok; we said we're fine - do you want us to sail by and rescue you?!?

PP, I'm probably doing core quite badly as well (LOL) but it works for me. Stuffed mushrooms with baby new potatoes and mixed salad for tea and blowing a few points on cheesecake for pudding as I had good news at work today - the Dept of Health is interested in some of my work and wants to consider it for best practice. My OH says I won't be able to get my head through their door :D

Hi KarenLou,

A belated well done on hitting your first stone! I bet you feel great!

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit low today. My friend has sent me a cd-rom with a load of photos on it and I look vile. I'm so much bigger than I thought I was. I look fine from the neck up and like a barrage balloon from the neck down. I could weep. This, coupled with the shock I got when I measured myself is not good.

The only positive thing about this is that I am now determined to stick to the diet. I refuse to look like this any longer.

I'm also going to get my hair done on Saturday.

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit low today. My friend has sent me a cd-rom with a load of photos on it and I look vile. I'm so much bigger than I thought I was. I look fine from the neck up and like a barrage balloon from the neck down. I could weep. This, coupled with the shock I got when I measured myself is not good.

The only positive thing about this is that I am now determined to stick to the diet. I refuse to look like this any longer.

I'm also going to get my hair done on Saturday.

Aww hun *hugs* sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low. I too hate the way i look in photos but you know what? We're not gonna be like that forever.... We're losing weight!

And hey, at the end of it, you will need one of those photos to show your how far you have come!

If it helps, stick one of those photos on the fridge. I have one of me when i reckon i'm about the size of a house(!!) on the fridge at home and when i go to get some food, i cringe and it gives me a boost of determination not to eat junk!!

Getting your hair done sounds like a great way to boost your spirits hun x

Hey Karenlou ... Sorry your feeling down ~hugs~..... Its awful isnt it! i felt so bad after i had my son i only have about 3/4 photos with me holding him! ....
What ya having done to your hair? Im having mine done next week cant wait! .......

Like Emma said we wont be like this for ever! we are indeed losing weight! .... xxxxx

Maybe I'll post a pic of my new hairdo. I'm changing the colour from dark brown to bright copper red and I've bought some new make-up. I'm having it all cut off (!) going from long hair with a fringe to kind of short and spiky. My son is a hairdresser so he's going to do it for me on saturday before I go on my holidays.

I'm feeling a little bit better today. It was just such a blow especially as I have lost a stone. I keep thinking oh my god, what did I look like before I lost the stone. I feel like it's a huge blow to my confidence.

I'm worried about my mum too. I'm trying to get her into sheltered accommodation and she's getting really confused. She rings me up and has the same conversation with me over and over again. She tells me things that happened weeks ago as if they've just happened. My OH reckons she's attention-seeking (we've always had a difficult relationship - long story). I want her to tell the doctor about it but she won't. I think she's scared he'll tell her she has Alzheimers.

It all just feels a bit much right now.

I've made a move from core onto points for now as I feel the need for comfort food and I thought maybe that will help me do so without putting any weight back on.

I'm trying to stay positive...

chin-up Karen!

I hate photos, fortunately a couple of my friends are also on the lardy side like me and have worked out the best angles for us all - and we 'accidentally' delete pictures off other people's digital camera's if they're unflattering! I try not to focus on them too much though as I tell myself the 'after' pictures will look so much better!

Hope you get things sorted with your mum too - seems like you've got a lot on at the moment.

Hugs!!!!

Hey Karenlou hope you start to feel a bit better hun :hug99:

Try not to think about everything all at once I make that mistake and it all gets on top of you!

I just got photos back from my holiday and they are going straight on the fridge I look like a blob with a peahead! Just remember that soon enough we will have 'after' photos that we are proud of xx

Oh god, those tiny head photos are awful aren't they? I'm considering getting big hair! At least I havent run straight to the biscuit tin which is what I would have done not too long ago.

There ya go! You have made positive changes and soon there will be no evil pics! I reckon when we're thin we should do our hair big and take pics for a laugh :)

Back