Karens Diary - 1st weigh-in

Good morning Karen.
Good luck for the next couple of days at work, I know you'll do well.
See you friday x :D

Thanks guys and good morning minis,

Ive just got back from work and it is the morning of day 4. I have a meeting later and someone is coming to view our home this evening so its a kind of busy day. If i can keep my days busy i may be able to keep my face out of the fridge :D

Ive stayed completely on track for the last 2 days at work but it was a tough day yesterday. I cooked a spag bol for the young people and it smelt devine :cry:I think i am in the big K now though (judging by my breath lol) so that should make things easier. Overall though, it hasnt been as hard as i thought it would. especially with the personal stuff im going through right now. I should be knee deep in KFC and chocolate given the other stresses lol. Ah well! some things are beyoung my control and i just have to do what i can with the things i can control.

i admire your honestly with your first post. i did a similar thing last year and people were very kind and helpful and its always in the back of your mind that people are judging you but they really arent :). i hope you manage to work things out with your OH

best wishes

h x

i admire your honestly with your first post. i did a similar thing last year and people were very kind and helpful and its always in the back of your mind that people are judging you but they really arent :). i hope you manage to work things out with your OH

best wishes

h x

Hi Harriet, thanks for your post. It feels good to get things off my chest as I havent discussed this with anyone in the real world. I dont know why... I just cant face it yet and I dont like to fuss really when I dont know how bad things are. Oh the fun and games!

Today is going good diet wise. I need to glug more water but I feel full and still have 2 packs to go. I am definitely missing real food but im not hungry so I cant complain. Im hoping the weekend isnt too challenging.... im already drooling at my son eating his quavers. Food is such a bad habit for me, I want it even when my body doesn't feel the need for it. Im dead focused though... I am going to be near goal by the time I go to Disney if it kills me!

Hiya Karen i just found your diary...
I think your a very brave and tough lady indeed!!
Most people in your shoes would be as ya say knee deep in KFC..
Massive high 5 to you for your inner strength and determination..
Your gonna rock this diet and i wish you all the very best with your first WI (weigh in) and your journey with Exante xxx

Hi Karen, glad to see you're sticking with it 100%.:D

Its hard isnt it watching other people eat, made a massive batch of spag bol and a big fish pie for the family earlier (always make extra to freeze some up for the little un) and it was so hard not to lick the spoon and taste test it! :crazy: OH had two MASSIVE portions whilst I sipped away at my water.

Cant wait to read the results of your weigh in, you deserve a big result x

Thank you guys, I am so so sticking with this! its day 5 now and Im going strong. the only upset in the diet was that i had 2 sugars in a mcdonalds coffee today. My family were stuffing their faces and I was sat with a black coffee and not a sweetener in sight! so, I caved and had the 2 sugars. other than that, i have had a raspberry tesco bar and a double strawberry shake that I am drinking now.

I also went for a 2 mile walk with the family and bought myself some new boots in town after. good result for my 5th day!

Hey Karen, first week nearly over, cant wait to hear the results of your weigh in.

New boots hey, why not, we deserve to treat ourselves every now and then.

And I dont think the 2 sugars will do any damage. Massive well done for not succumbing to the devine Maccy D's x

hi moomoo, i have to say, it was hard to resist! my hubby had a subway which was even more cruel. i just love subway! ho hum... i survived which is the main thing :)

im working tomorrow so will take my packs with me. i have been open with people at work about the diet because i spend 24 or 48 hours with them so cannot hide the packs really or just refuse to eat anything they cook without explaining lol. so... theres a real mixed bag of opinions. most of them negative:rolleyes: i wouldnt mind but their opinions havent been seeked out... they just blurt out what they think and talk to me like im ruddy mental or half witted. i tell ya, its annoying. still.... in a few months they can all kiss my skinny butt!!

Oh I love a subway too, just the smell in the shop is amazing.

I havent hardly told anyone as I've been on so many diets and gave up in the past that I know I would be mostly met with negative comments

'how longs this one gonna last' etc
and why do work colleagues always seem to want to sabotage when you're on a diet!!

I'm still on maternity at the minute so dont have the temptation of work for another few weeks, massive cake fans at my work and someone in the office brings them in every other day!! Should be totally used to Exante by the time I return though x

Hello Minis xxx

I hope you can resist the constant stream of cakes moomoo! I think i'd breakdown. I had to buy pastries and crisps today and it was torture.

I got to come home early from work which is great. I have uni tomorrow so it gives me a chance to sort myself out. I have had a good diet day except that I stuffed a slice of gammon in my mouth. I hope thats not too bad? I weigh in tomorrow and think im going to be hugely disappointed as I weighed earlier and had only lost a couple of lbs. I was hoping for around 10!!! We'll see the final count in the morning i guess. Im off for an uber early night!

xxxxx

a WI first thing in the morn after a long wee will probably give you the result you deserve.. No way will a slice of gammon and 2 sugars affect your loss. good luck huni xx

Thanks valentine, Im sure you are right. I wish I hadnt scale hopped! Oh well, what will be will be.

I have read so may posts of people having a bit of meat today.

I had a mouthful of roast chicken and it was DELICIOUS!!!

Dont think it will have any effect at all. Hope you get the result you want in the morning.

Fingers crossed for you x

Good morning minis xxx

thanks moomoo, i know its silly to stress about it. Ive just weighed in and lost 5lbs. I am disappointed that its not more but its 5lb lighter than i was last week and im out of the 19s.

I have uni today which means lunch with my friends so i am going to take a bar and risk having to tell them. i figure if i tell people then i mustnt fail but their opinions can be really annoying. ah well... i'll just suffer it and plow into week 2. have a good day guys xxxx

what a truly inspirational post Karen and so honest to - I admire this and think you will do fab on this diet! wishing you all the luck in the world and looking forward to following your journey! you deserve success!!!

Maizie xx

Well done Karen,
5lbs in a week is brilliant and it is probably real weight loss not just water!:D
I hate that whole diet talk and sabotage that goes on, how about having your bar on your own and joining them a bit later at the table, say for coffee afterwards? Thats what I do anyway, I know a Uni situation is different to a work situation but just thought I would share my experience. What are you studying by the way? Sorry for being so nosey but I love study!
Good luck today and well done again!
O

Hiya Karen

Welcome back and well done on your amazingly honest first post.

Well done on getting through your first week and 5lb is great to get off you and you are into a lower stone so that is great.

Is your hubby supportive of your weight loss programme??? Maybe as he sees you tackling it he will start to come around.

Have you told him about the abuse and rape??? Have you tried counselling for it??

With you all the way missus and am willing you on xxxx

Well done Karen, 5lbs is a great result and 5lbs that you're never gonna see again!! :clap: Goodbye to the 19's x

You never know if you dont make a big deal of it your friends might not even notice, just enjoy time with them have a good gossip and make out likes its no big deal, they'll soon forget about it.

Good luck for week 2 :D

Hope you have a great day x

Back