Karen's Diary

Hi Karen, nice menu there, don't forget to count the carbs in the toms and onions, spring onions are lower in carbs than the others. Glad your son enjoyed his birthday, have a good day :)

thanks Sandra. Im not sure how to count the carbs... this plan is really confusing for me. Maybe i didnt read that bit yet?

You need to weigh and measure. Do you have an iPhone? Myfitnesspal is a great app where you can look up the carbs in foods (make sure you're looking up British ones by searching for 'cherry tomatoes tesco' or another supermarket. Then fill in the amount you ate. Myfitnesspal is available online too.

Alternatively if you used say half a red onion, type 'how many carbs in half a red onion' into google and look at the results.

Tomato and onion aren't free foods as they're relatively carby compared to other veg. So is sweetcorn.

For instance myfitnesspal tells me there are 7.8 carbs in 100g red onion and google says similar.

Hope this helped.

Hi Karen, my fitness pal or fat secret are really good, the book and Atkins website also give lots of examples, I didn't count my carbs initially but do it every day now on my fitness pal :)

oh i get it now, thank you so much. I will use my fitness pal, thanks

MMMM I have just had my dinner and the jamie oliver sausages were fab. if anyone is interested, they are 2 for £4 at Asda at the moment and are totally lush. I ended up not following my menu at all and have had a fry-up for dinner. Today has been a bit uneventful but i needed a lazy-ish day. Tomorrow i work Boooooooooooooo!

Good Morning Minis!

Today Im working so I wont be back until tomorrow. Im taking food with me and will be able to behave. Still no ketosis... i usually slip into it pretty easily on vlcds. ah well, the diet is going well regardless.

Today Im going to have:

Brunch: jamie oliver sausages, bacon and egg with mushroom
Dinner: Steak and salad

God I love this 'diet'!

Morning Karen, how is it going?

Hello Lovelies xxx

My day at work went well, I forgot my bag of food but was able to stick to plan as they had atkin friendly foods there. Today I have been out shopping with my sister and we stopped for a pub lunch. I ordered the all day brekky and enjoyed my egg and bacon sooo much. I love being able to eat out with this plan, it makes my life so much easier.

Tomorrow morning is my official first weeks weigh in and Im dying to know the numbers. I sneaked a peek during the week and it was looking good so Im excited for the actual number now. Ive been so enthusiastic about the plan that my sister is joining me. Shes getting married in 3 months and is keen to shed a few lbs. Im eager to lose as much as i can for her big day. I'll still be very overweight but it will be nice to be a couple of stones lighter if possible.

Im working tomorrow and the day after so I wont be back until Sunday but I will pop on in the morning and post my weight loss.

DAY 6

Brunch - 3 eggs, 4 rashers, 2 mushrooms and 1 tomato.
Dinner - wrapless fajita again!

Hello Lovelies xxx

My day at work went well, I forgot my bag of food but was able to stick to plan as they had atkin friendly foods there. Today I have been out shopping with my sister and we stopped for a pub lunch. I ordered the all day brekky and enjoyed my egg and bacon sooo much. I love being able to eat out with this plan, it makes my life so much easier.

Tomorrow morning is my official first weeks weigh in and Im dying to know the numbers. I sneaked a peek during the week and it was looking good so Im excited for the actual number now. Ive been so enthusiastic about the plan that my sister is joining me. Shes getting married in 3 months and is keen to shed a few lbs. Im eager to lose as much as i can for her big day. I'll still be very overweight but it will be nice to be a couple of stones lighter if possible.

Im working tomorrow and the day after so I wont be back until Sunday but I will pop on in the morning and post my weight loss.

DAY 6

Brunch - 3 eggs, 4 rashers, 2 mushrooms and 1 tomato.
Dinner - wrapless fajita again!

I love that you can easily eat out and not worry too much too. You sound like you've had a brill week. Good luck for WI, I'll be dying to know x

Karen said:
Hello Lovelies xxx
Tomorrow morning is my official first weeks weigh in and Im dying to know the numbers. I sneaked a peek during the week and it was looking good so Im excited for the actual number now. Ive been so enthusiastic about the plan that my sister is joining me. Shes getting married in 3 months and is keen to shed a few lbs. Im eager to lose as much as i can for her big day. I'll still be very overweight but it will be nice to be a couple of stones lighter if possible.!

Take a photo of yourself sideways on in clingy clothes asap - then take one on the morning of the wedding wearing the same thing. It can sometimes be hard for us to notice our own weight loss, but trust me if you do that and you've stayed on plan and lost a couple of stone the photo will really help you see the difference and feel good about the day. As you should! A couple of stone represents a lot of hard work no matter what your starting weight.

So glad you think you've found the diet to work for you. Atkins takes willpower like any diet - it's not an easy option or always the most convenient on-the-go but it really does produce results and it's certainly not as painful as other diets can be.

Good luck with weigh in!

Thanks Busy and Moonlights xxxx the photo idea is a really good one, i shall do that when I get back from my 48 hr shift. x

Ive just weighed and lost 5lbs in my first week. Very pleased :D

Thanks Busy and Moonlights xxxx the photo idea is a really good one, i shall do that when I get back from my 48 hr shift. x

Ive just weighed and lost 5lbs in my first week. Very pleased :D

woop woop woop. Well done x have a great day

well done karen, that's a fab loss, you should be proud of yourself! :D :D :D Xx

Congratulations on your loss! Well done!

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

Hi karen,

Hope your not working too hard. You've got so much going the kids, work, and uni and all on your own gosh you are one determined lady. I have two boys 4 and 3, study ft and work pt. I do know how hectic things can get. Stick with the diet and you will see results without having to give up too much. I did this many years ago and the weight really just dropped off. x

Back