Karen's green day kickstart diary

Dinner today was my usual Saturday option of salad and bits so:
Lettuce, cucumber, celery, sweetcorn, 100g Sainsbury’s Moroccan couscous (2 syns and REALLY nice) Pasta Flan (free), Sainsbury’s meringue (5.5 syns) 45g cheese (1/2 HEA), Strawberries
I also made some coffee scan bran cake to use up some HEB, but it was SERIOUSLY disgusting! So I left it! Will have to count half a syn for the size portion though!

So I make that 10 syns, 2 HEA and 1 HEB.

Might have a cereal bar later as I would like to do 15 minutes cross training if I can

Started the day with 45 minutes boxercise. Feel like I've been hit very hard with a stick across my shoulders!

Breakfast: Fruit salad (Mango, apple, peach, melon), Activia snackpot, Hifi Light (1/2 HEB)

Lunch: 75g Sainsburys morocan couscous (really nice, worth the syns!) (1.5syns), pasta flan. Melon

Have just made the mix up for my dinner - cannellini bean and smoked cheese sausages. Works out 1 hea and 1 syn - just hope its nice! Also made black bean and avocado brownies, I used to make them before, theyre a marmite food really, if you dont tell people what they are they tend to like them, if ou do they hate them! 2.5 syns for a chocolatey hit is fine by me though!

Last edited:
My canellini bean sausages met disaster!!! They tasted lovely, but instead of frying in oil I oven cooked them and they became schnitzels! Tasted nice though!

Not cut into the brownies yet, they always taste better the day after cooking so holding off on eating them!

Dinner today was: Corn cobbette, asparagus, carrots, broad beans, actifry roast potatos (LOVING my new actifry!!!) 1.5 syns, canellini bean and smoked cheese (now) schnitzels 1 x HEA, 1 syn. Pineapple and 1 scoop homemade ice cream (approx 35g) so counting 3 syns.
Finished it off with 75g cheese (my fav tickler cheddar) and some celery (
1 X HEA, 1.5 X HEB)

Intending to have a large twister ice lolly later (can feel a cold coming on so want it for my throat!) 4.5 syns

So, that makes today 2 X HEA, 1.5 X HEB, 11.5 Syns, with 45 minutes of high impact exercise!

And just incase anyone wants to see the whole sausage/schnitzel disaster debacle:

2012-06-24 18.41.57.jpg (they're the flat odd looking things by the corn!)

Blimey!!! Over 500 views on this diary! My food is VERY boring people ......

Cold developing nicely, so didn't feel up to exercise this morning, but had to visit the nurse for a BP check and its perfect - better than last time and she said I mnust be doing something right!

Breakfast was 30g Fruit & Fibre with 100ml milk (HEB + 1.5syns)
Lunch - Low fat super noodles, small bowl of melon & pineapple, activia yogurt.

Not decided on dinner yet - need something softish for my sore throat! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Still not feeling great so not super hungry, but have opted for:

Ross frozen macaroni cheese (3.5 syns) with a mini french bread pizza - WW petit pain (HEB), tomato puree, 60g cheese spread between the 2 (2 x HEA) and a mango.

Not the healthiest in the world but within syns!

Am thinking that I will probably have a Jubley later (1 syn) so:

2 X HEA, 2 X HEB, 7 syns.

Ok, so no posting yesterday, felt very rough so just cuddled my dog in front of the tennis! Food was fine though. Today is meant to be weigh day but I didn't go due to illness, BUT my home scales say 1/2 off, which I'm very pleased with!

Todays food - 15g shreddies + activia snackpot (1/2 HEB)

Lunch - Low fat supernoodles with a bit of primula light, another activia (VERY sore throat so whatever I can eat and not hurt it!) 1 syn for primula

Dinner will be salad based, will update later!

Not a food diary entry but, I’ve been pondering on why I have struggled so much for the last year, and think I need to re-evaluate why I wanted to succeed in the first place. Identifying my reasons for wanting to succeed and why I think I fail might be useful?

Why do I want to lose weight?

1. I want to be fitter and healthier
  2. I want to be able to feel confident and comfortable
  3. I want to stop feeling people are judging me by my size
  4. I want to be able to wear the clothes I like, rather than those that hide me best

Why am I finding it so difficult?

1. I allow frustration and upset to control my diet
  2. I turn to food for comfort
  3. I fail to plan for none routine situations
  4. I make excuses for bad food habits
  5. I seem to forget the I should syn liquids .....

What can I do to try and succeed?

1. Stop having an all or nothing attitude. I’m learning to change my lifestyle forever, I have to live with this and must accept that life sometimes gets in the way
  2. Make a few stock contingency plans
  3. Accept that I will slip, and I must move on quickly from mistakes. Resume from the next meal, not the next week!
  4. Set myself small goals and challenges, with none food rewards
  5. Vary my food and be adventurous, enjoy what I am having and allow myself treats.

After 3 weeks I'm bowing out yet again. More family stress and trouble and I'm just feeling more and more of a failure. I'm going to try and take some pressure off myself for a few weeks, eat sensibly but not obsess, I can't cope with it at the same time as everything else going on.

Back