Karens WW Diary

heya breda! I do really hate to moan and have to confess... the kids are usually quite good and this is quite out of character for both of them. I gave my daughter both barrells earlier and she was so upset and apologetic. I felt a bit bad and was glad she did too as it made me realise they arent usually like this and that she is at least sorry for it. They have to earn their pocket money. half of their pocket money comes from completed chores and the other half comes from good behaviour. if they fail on one or the other, they get money withdrawn from that portion. it usually keeps them in check but they have both been tutting and huffing and nagging for one thing or another alllll week. they have also tried to wear me down by negotiating endlessly for extra pocket money etc. I know they are great kids and usually earn their way but its been a tough few weeks and i suppose the strain is showing on all of us. my eldest is upset at the thought of moving as he has good friends in this area and he has been really quiet/withdrawn about it all. my girl isnt allowed to the park and is sick of being kept in this street while her other friends are off having fun and she is getting upset by that. Im just stressed about wanting to get out of here in general! i have nowt to complain about really as i have a great family and should be grateful as i work with some right hardcore kids and mine are nothing like that. I am going to blame other stresses and give myself a talking to. the kids now know to leave off the whinging and have been great since i laid it all out for them earlier. until the next time haha. it just built up for a moment there but im fine now. i have managed to sort it before the throttling stage :D

I bumped into someone i know today when i was at opticians. this lady moved from our area with her children about 3 yrs ago because she felt it was getting quite rough and she moved to the very area we are wanting to move to. so we had quite a bit to chat about and she spoke about how much better things are for her kids socially and at school. it made me even more keen to get this place on the market!

i have just got back from my sisters and it was really nice to have a catch-up. we are very close and she does make me laugh so it brightened the day. she kept my daughter too so i only have the boys tonight. My niece is 1 yr older than my girl and they are quite close too so they are having a girlie night, i guess. aiden is already off watching DVDs in bed and jay is out BMXing his little heart out so im relaxing and surfing. hubby is in the bathroom tiling. he is in his element and i am leaving him to it tonight. no palpatations or looking over his shoulder...honest! now i can see he knows what he is doing, im quite relaxed about it. i did pop up for a minute to guide him but only a tiny teeny bit... :D

so, i wasnt drawing all this out on purpose - i just wanted to get the kids stuff off my chest first as breda left such a lovely response. thanks chuck xx now i can get to the cool bit! i lost 2lbs this week :D :D :D I am really pleased with that as i still had more than half of my weeklies and i had 3 takeaways (chinese, subway and nandos) too! i love WW!

im not going to do the usual menu as it is now the end of the day and i have eaten everything. i'll just list it: 2 x options hot chocs (2), quavers (3), ww meal (9) cheesy jacket potato (6) beans (4) coleslaw (2) pineapple, pear and apple (0) quiche (5) Total: 31

i work tomorrow. looking forward to that as we are organising a residential trip for a couple of nights during refugee week. i love working with young asylum seekers... they are a special bunch and i am really excited about it. I am going to start organising my daughters 11th birthday as well. she doesnt want a party as she wants money to put towards a new bmx but we want to do something special still. her big day is at the end of this month (27th) so we need to start sorting it quickly!

Well done hun :) x

thanks carly. we both got our 1 stones off this week :D xxxx

Heck yea :) race u to 1.5stone? Lol x

ooo fighting talk! i like it :D you do have the advantage of being closer to that goal than me AND you weigh a day earlier than me BUT i accept your challenge lol xxx

Haha! As long as it's in the same week!! Xx

it'll spur me on carly :D

theres something else i forgot to mention... our trip to disney has moved forward from september 2012 to May 2012. My brother and his wife are going at that time and we have decided to all go together. My kids LOVE my bro and his wife so they are thrilled. I need to work even harder to get rid of this fat. I figure if i lose 7lb a month i will still be overweight in May (13ish stone) but a lot lighter than i am now. I wont be in a bikini but i will fit on the rides at least :D

Im sorry Karen if I came across a bit preachy !!! as i said I sound more like my mother every day (children these days...!!!......). I wasnt in any way saying your kids were spoilt kids but I get a bit carried away sometimes when I go on my soapbox . If I insulted you in any way hun please accept that I didnt mean to. Sometimes I type away and its only when I read it after i think oh oh that doesnt sound right.

7lb a month sounds reasonable :) good challenge! Oh and bring it on haha x

Im sorry Karen if I came across a bit preachy !!! as i said I sound more like my mother every day (children these days...!!!......). I wasnt in any way saying your kids were spoilt kids but I get a bit carried away sometimes when I go on my soapbox . If I insulted you in any way hun please accept that I didnt mean to. Sometimes I type away and its only when I read it after i think oh oh that doesnt sound right.

Good lord breda! I didnt think you were being preachy for 1 second! Now i think my reply must have sounded defensive! lol. No, I totally agree with what you were saying so was agreeing and airing how i place those boundaries (and how they can get ignored lol). I value your advise very much breda and think you talk a lot of sense. it didnt enter my mind for one second that you were being in any way rude and i like our chats! sorry if my reply suggested otherwise... it really didnt mean to. just wanted to show that i was making a big fuss and didnt want you lovely girls worrying about my sanity (for now) :p xxxx

Good morning minis xxxx

woke up in a much better mood. the kids were much better last night (maybe cos 1 was missing lol) The bathroom is almost finished (hubby is leaving the difficult external corners to me - gee thanks!) and we are going to sort out the mortgage business asap. Ive seen the perfect house and just want to buy it now! It is going for about £35k less than the other houses in its area because it is in serious need of doing-up. Im hoping we could talk them down even more and make a real DIY project of it! exciting:D

in other news, my brother has gotten back to us with prices for disney which are cheaper than i thought. phew! see.. my brother and his wife are disney fanatics and go annually so they know all the deals and best way around to do everything. ideal travelling companions! our own personal guides :D I cant wait to go now. I just need to lose about 5 stones to feel comfy enough to go. ha! a lot harder than i make it sound. I need to keep focused or spend thousands of pounds to have a horrible time :( cant let that happen and i wont :mad:

off to work at 11. the young people always cook amazing food but im baking some marinated chicken as i type and will chop a yummy salad in a sec. Im determined to hit my 10lb june target. I have never ever achieved one challenge i have set on minis and ive been a member for 5 years! I wanted to lose 10lb in may and managed 9 so being a failure is still great :D there are 5 weigh-ins in june so its more manageable. of course, i have to whoop carlys butt too :p and get slimmer for florida ;)

wow... i blather a lot! I have reached my 50th day :D (yeah i fail a lot!) todays food:

Day 50

Breakfast

pear (0)
satsuma (0)
banana (0)

Lunch

chicken (8)
salad (0)
75g l/f coleslaw (3)

Dinner

Homefries (8)
Fish in batter (6)
Mushy peas (3)

Snacks

2 options hot choc (2)
pineapple (0)
tesco light choice profiteroles (4)

Total points: 34/35

Last edited:
Ahhh .thats great Karen .so relieved to hear your reply .The last thing I would want to do is upset you. I enjoy our "Chats" too !!!!!!!!!:D:D

I'll let you in to a little secret :eek:. The reason I can give advice sometimes is that I was trained to do it. I think I told you I held my goal weight for six years in the past but I was actually a WW leader at that time until health problems took over and I couldnt hold the weight down (YOu cant have a chubby WW leader !!! like Marjorie doors!!!!!)

So Now I am back walking the walk and even though I probably shouldnt still be talking the talk. (cant help it some times -it kinda happens automatically)Its a little embarressing admitting this which is why I didnt do it before. Now I just need to get this weight off AGAIN for me. :sigh:

Exciting about Disney and potential house :D x

Fantastic about Disney . Its so great to have something like that to aim for and look forward to. You will be down your five stone by then. I have 5 stone to loose too so we will all do it together. We can call it "Opperation Mickey mouse "!!!

yeah the disney stuff is very exciting... none of us have been before. we will be giving hubbys american family plenty of notice so they can arrange to meet us there if they wish. even better!

breda, will you go back to being a WW leader? you are great with people and advice. personally i wouldnt negatively judge a weighty leader but know some can be judgemental. xx

I had a bit of a kick in the head today (not literally lol). I had a birdy whisper about up-coming jobs a few months ago and getting more, higher paid hours. today it seems the positions have been promised to other people and im rather fuming about it! it might be the very kick i need though. I came straight home and applied for a different job entirely. Im going to be working via my degree with my refugee guys anyways so theres no reason for me to stay where i am. Fingers crossed for an interview! they require an NVQ3 but maybe working towards a degree will be acceptable? i guess it depends on their policies :) it would be bank staff for 24 hr shifts in childrens homes etc. I reckon i would enjoy that 1 or 2 days a week and it would fit around my degree too.

Ive decided to ditch my previous menu and have home baked breaded fish and chips with mushy peas for dinner. I just fancy it and its within points so will have it. I will have the quiche tomorrow prehaps. Im also going to have an early night. Im pooped!

xxx

No I have no longing at the moment to go back to being a leader . I did enjoy the social side of things and I got a great kick out of seeing people reach their goals But theres a lot more work involved than just that hour in class..

Every week you have to prepare your talk and make it sound interesting to people and use anecdotes that you know will strike a chord with people.. You have to lug big boxes of stufflike leaflets , bars ,posters around with you everywhere and when you come hme after class it can take 2-3 hours to tally up all the money and numbers and then make the lodgements to WW etc. You also have monthly staff meetings.Its not as easy as it looks .

Im really sorry about those Jobs being "given" to other people . Can they actually do that without interview??? . But maybe its the best thing that could happen, if it gave you the kick to go and apply for the other job. Try to look at this positively . I know its upsetting but maybe it will turn to your advantage, If you get the hours that will suit your lifestyle. I believe in the saying "when God closes one door he opens another ".

That would be awesome re: job! :) good luck!

How many profiteroles for 4pp? C

hey carly, its a little pot with 2 profiteroles in it but they are in a chocolate mousse and white choc sauce kinda thing. its a nice sized portion and only £1 for a box of 2.

heya breda, I used to work for ann summers so know what you mean about the 'behind the scenes' work. its guelling! at least we get your pearls of wisdom here (and for free too haha).

if im honest, i have only stayed where i am because i was obligated with my degree work. now that the first year is finished, i was only staying because i thought there would be better job opportunities coming up. a few managers told me to keep my eyes peeled for new posts and kinda made promises so i have stuck around to see what happens. now that i see what they have done, im not all that worried. Im no longer obligated. so, its kind of a relief really. I have been there for over a year and they have over-looked me so i think i'd be better off elsewhere. Lots of other organisations would snap me up. not to be a smart-arse but im devoted to my work and have a great reputation so its not like i will be scratching around for work. I have no network with anyone in the job i have just applied to though so will have to see how that goes. I feel quite excited by it. its more dosh than i am getting now anyways :)

Sounds yummy.. going to tesco :) x

good morning minis,

dont forget the syrup sponges while you're there carly :D

it looks like its going to be a heavenly day and we are going to a family sports day. its something that is being put on by our local council and there will be loads of sports to try so that should be good fun.

not much else occuring around here though. Im hoping to formally view that house and have a fun weekend with the tribe. i may have a chinese tonight as well. god i love this diet :D

Day 51

Breakfast

banana (0)

Lunch

chilli chicken (9)
Hot choc (1)

Dinner

Singapore chow mein (10)
curry sauce (6)
2 bits of honey mustard chicken and 50g chips (8)

Snacks

1 options hot choc (1)
Amaretto (6)
Pringles (4)

Total points: 35/35 + 10 weeklies

Last edited:
Back