Karens WW Diary

karen, i did the same and weighed and i'm 2 pounds up :cry:

hoping i can turn it around before wi on wednesday night. think i'll try not to use the remaining 9 weeklies i have left but it will be tough! x

Dont let your weigh in get you down karen . Its only mid week for you and your weight can vary2-3 lbs easily in a day depending on time of month, fluid drank, bowel movements that day. you are better off not weighing in midweek if you can (I know its tempting to have a sneaky peek) but if you are up it can effect the rest of your week . Just keep going as you are and put it behind you .

Also I used to notice before one week I could loose a half pound and the next week 4 lbs and be as good both weeks. Our bodies are funny things and its not an exact science worse luck!!!. The thing is to keep our routine up and look at say monthly losses overall .

Yeah Im going to try to do the same Elaine. I've got around 30 weeklies left for 3 days and was going to really enjoy them but stuff that now!

I know you are right MW, i do stay off them usually... i was just keen to see how using my weeklies evenly spread out was going for me. that'll teach me! I'll just carry on regardless as the only other thing i can do is get demoralised and stuff my face and i know thats not going to help lose weight lol. so... i'll just plod on and see what wednesday brings.

Good Morning Minis :)

Todays a bit of a quiet day. I have to go in to work for a meeting at 11 (only for an hour tho) and I'll mosey on home after to finish some coursework. Tomorrow is my last day at uni YAYYYYYY!! and im on track to meet this weeks deadlines. EXCITING!!

I really fancy some good old fish and chips for my dinner tonight so Im going to do the next best thing and make it myself. not from scratch might i add! Im going to have some mcains homefries and birdseye batter haddock with mushy peas. nomnomnomnom! I could never have done that on SW as syns wouldnt allow for it so it was a thunderbolt of wonderful realisation that I can on WW. Oh the possibilities!

Weigh-in is 2 days away and i cant help but think about my naughty mid-week scale-hopping. I usually dont mind weighing myself during diets as ordinarily a sts/gain with spur me to try harder and a loss will encourage me to lose even more so its always been a win-win. however! this time its bothered me so i wont do it again. i think its cos its a new diet i have never done before, i have been very rigid on the plan and dont think its fair! Still, I know better now and will wait until Wednesday.

Day 26

Brunch

Toasted Cheese Sandwich...
Ketchup (1)
cheese (5)
onion(0)
2 x wholemeal bread (5)
Satsuma

Dinner

Battered Haddock (7)
Chips (7)
Mushy Peas (3)

Snacks
2 x ww chilli crisps (4)
3 x Satsumas (0)

TBA

Total points: 32/36

Last edited:
How bizarre that you are discussing on your diary what it's taken me five months to realise....I cannot allow myself to have a sneaky peak mid week!!! I have to be honest and say that normally the scales look good and it gives me a little boost to carry on, however, I've realised that when they don't look good it's SUCH a de-motivator!! So I'm not doing it anymore as of this week!! Only on day 3 of not peeking but so far so good!

Hope you enjoyed your homemade fish and chips! I had a venison burger and home made chips...delicious!! x

Hi CC,

I hope you find it helps. it will make for a much nicer suprise on WI day anyways. I am well and truly sworn off... its just not worth obsessing over. Good luck for staying off them lol xxx

So my miniminer friends... something horrid happened today. I almost got into a street fight with a drunk chavvy local mum.. it was awful! A bunch of kids knocked at my house today asking for my 10 yr old daughter. some of them were her friends but others of them were quite rough local kids. this group NEVER knock for my daughter so i was a bit suspicious and told her if she was going with them, she wasnt allowed out of the street. she came running back in 10 minutes later crying... they had knocked for her and lured her to the park and then it came to light that their intentions was to have another girl beat her up. She ran home with this group of 8-10 kids chasing her! Now... I had only just finished dealing with the police yesterday after what had happened to my son and my daughter was beaten up by an older kid about 3 weeks ago at that park. So.. I marched over to the park as i know the girl who wanted to fight her very well and i am sort of friendly with her mum and I wanted to let her know i wasnt going to just let them do that without seeing her parents. I am sick of these kids just punching lumps out of eachother for no reason! I have not brought my kids up to be like that and so they are easy targets basically. I told them all (quite nicely)to stay away from my daughter and left. 3 really rough mums of the rougher kids that were there stopped me just up the street. they had a man with them and I had my husband with me. one of them started on me in the street in front of all the kids!! I tried to stay calm as by hitting her i would lose my job. She is a well known prostitute and has nothing to lose and had clearly been smoking something. they had all been drinking. GAH! i cannot believe i was so close to having a punch-up! i have never had a fight in my life lol. she was sticking her fingers in my face... i grabbed her hand at one point (she laid her hand on my face...crazy woman) and threw it off me. I refused to back down as she was trying to intimidate me so i stood my ground for the entire time. I am amazed she didnt hit me... she was shouting for ages and i was basically surrounded. hubby was in shock i think and about to wade in but i held my hand up as i didnt want the man to hit him. gawd... it was mental! so... the upshot is... I am tiling our bathroom and we are putting the place on the market. I am not living here! It used to be a lovely area but theres such a rough area at the bottom of the hill and just recently... a few houses in this street have been bought to let... then let out to really awful families. Dont get me wrong, im not being rude really... Im just angry about my kids being attacked all the time. I work with these kinds of families alll the time and help them so i dont mean to be so judgemental... im just livid and I am NOT spending my days worrying about my kids safety in the street. screw that! I am actually worried about our cars now... im sure they will be keyed in the night!

Karen, thats terrible .no one deserves that hassle in their own environment . Well done for standing up to that witch though . I understand your frustration about the kids . id be the same . If anyone hurts them I am out for blood !!!!. The worst thing is usually theres not a lot the police can do with these kids as they are under age and they know that well.

Its a shame if you feel you have to move but if you cant let your kids outside the door theres no comfort. Can you move out of this area and still keep your jobs and the kids schools or will you change their schools anyway?

heya! It just so happens that the schools head teacher saw the gang of 20 kids when she was leaving work so when i went in to ask her to keep an eye on how the kids were treating her today, she was gobsmacked at what had happened. she also gave me a good talking to about me endangering my career by going out to the kids in the first place. she is absolutely correct... i should have handled it differently. i think i reacted like that purely because it is the millionth time this week and i am at mywits end with it all but thats no excuse. That dirty skanky cow could have cost me my job... i was shaken up cos i couldnt believe how close i came to jumping on her. i NEVER let someone get to me like that and in front of my kids as well! gah! I am already looking at houses. I am sick of this nonsense and cannot wait to move. to be honest though... selling a house isnt a quick process so i need to put coping stategies and things in place so that this is manageable in the mean time. the kids school were really good about it and it was a blessing that she saw the gang cos she already had it in mind to talk to the community police about it. once i went in and she realised why all the kids were on the road she felt even more inclined to discreetly involve the pco. i am at my wits end now... i am very approachable and not at all confrontational BUT i will not be backing down from these scumbags... not in the least. im just going to make sure everything is done with witnesses, calmly and in a way that wont affect my job. i have a particular area in mind that i want to move to and it has a much better school so if we can move there, i would like to try to move the kids. i dont see why my kids should learn that the mentality of the locals here is in any way 'normal' cos it ruddy aint! grrr!

ok... on to nicer things... i finished my last day at uni (JOY!!) and handed in dreaded essay along with 10 or so uni books woohoo! I am going to spend the rest of this week finishing my portfolio and the last 2 mini essays and get it all handed in asap so that my summer can start!

Day 27

Brunch

Jacket potato (7)
Beans (5)
Coleslaw (9).. yes, the yummy uni one i am meant to be avoiding...

Dinner

Large Salad (0)
Morrisons crustless quiche (7)
3 slices of ham (1)
Salad cream (1)

Snacks
2 x ww chilli crisps (4)
3 x Satsumas (0)
2 x options hoc choc (2)

Total points: 36/36

Last edited:
this is officially one of the worst weeks ever! I hve spent allll evening up A&E AGAIN! My eldest managed to smash his head open and get concussed etc. He came home absolutely drenched in blood... I was mortified. He fell off his scooter and got hit in the head by a moving basket swing so it had some real weight to it and gave him a nasty bash and gash. hes doing ok now so i feel a lot better about it. they were going to keep him in but they said that because we live right next to the hospital, its ok for him to come home as long as we follow some basic rules of regular waking etc. I need a holiday (again). on the positive side, he'll be off school tomorrow which means I cant go to work and can do some essays (in between nursing!) Gotta see the positives!! Im keen for an easrly night... im knackered but he isnt allowed to sleep until 11pm so i will have to wait up until then... gonna see if there are any movies on!

I went well over points. I have had 43 today as dinner was delayed due to being at hospital so thats 7 of my weeklies as well.

Last edited:
OMG

Karen you really are having a REALLY eventfull week!!!. Poor fella . bet he's really sore . did he get stitches.

Poor mum sounds like she deserves a glass of wine or two!! just to calm the stress. Dont worry too much about being over points today. It will level out by the end of the week.

Oh Karen, what an awful awful day you've had!! I really hate confrontations and so can imagine how horrible the whole experience was for you. It's also horrible to see your kids in those situations too. How you have even managed to give wws a second thought today I have no idea...you are super woman!!

Hope your boy has a settled night and does alright with the sleeping thing. I remember a few years bag my younger brother was playing on scaffolding (tut tut!) and fell ended up with concusion..I remember we spend hours in A&E and he came home that night and did nothing but scream for 10 hours solid!!! It was horrendous!!! Hope things are much calmer at your end! x

thanks ladies, he had a totally settled night, no 10 hour screaming-fest, thank goodness lol. I checked on him a couple of times and woke him at 6am... hes fine and glad of a day off school. My mum called this morning... she has swollen feet and is scared of having another heart attack so she is coming over to be nursed as well. Im starting to get a little scared that these 3 little essays arent going to get done for Friday! I really will try to knuckle down today. I may have to park mum and jay in front of the tele and go upstiars or something... i'll figure it out! I have been worried about my mum for a while. she had a major heart attack in 2002 and was diagnosed as diabetic. since then she has always refused to take her heart tabs and doesnt even bother with her insulin! shes a heavy smoker and eats whatever she likes. she has been on borrowed time ever since and is now terrified. I will see what shape she is in when she gets here and maybe i can talk her in to coming to the doctors or hospital (i need my own parking space up there!) she said she is ok to drive so maybe she is alright? She is a difficult woman! her mental health is rather dodgy and you cannot get her to do anything she doesnt want to do... no matter how serious or important it is. she starts to get mentally ill otherwise. (she is bi-polar and paranoid/delusional when she gets properly ill). My dad is working in London at the moment so he cant be here to help out. My sister does a lot more than me but to be fair she has 1 kid and only works alternate weekends. I love my mum lots though and wish she would take care of herself. I dont want my kids to one day feel i am as much of a butt-pain with my health as I consider my mum to be so it is just as well if i lose this weight now lol.

I have to weigh-in tonight. Im not as excited as I usually would be. Maybe partly because of that midweek home weigh-in and partly just because everything else is going so utterly pants this week! still.... I'll turn up anyways lol.

Day 28

Breakfast

Melon
Satsuma

Lunch

2 x wholemeal toast (5)
2 x poached eggs (4)
ketchup (1)

Dinner

Chicken, Potato & Spinach Curry:
125g Chicken (4)
300g Potato (6)
Spinach, tinned toms, onion, spices, mushroom and peppers (0)
WW naan bread (3)

Snacks
2 x ww chilli crisps (4)
2 x options hoc choc (2)
Strawberries (0)
Pear (0)

Total points: 29/36

Last edited:
Do you ever get to rest Karen, good god!!! I feel exhausted just reading your diary! Hope your mum wasn't too bad when she arrived at yours.

Your food for today looks lovely, I'm liking the sound of your chicken and potato curry...yum! Good luck for your WI tonight x

Hi Guys!

hey CC, hope you're ok xx After the 20th I am going to sit on my backside and not get back up off it until the new semester in October :D Until then, i have finished 1 of the 3 essays and just dropped my daughters friend at home after having her over for dinner. Figured I need to find ways to amuse my girl now that I am trying to keep her away from the park and all the hassle that goes with it.

My mum is fine... we have decided the socks she was wearing yesterday were too tight, hence the swelling :rolleyes: she seems fine now and has been well and truly pampered. Ive invited her to have our feet eaten by fish at 'funky fish'. she loves anything foot related so jumped at it. me, on the other hand, HATES anyone going near my feet so its going to be utter torture but Im really curious to try it. Im going to book us in tomorrow for Friday evening if they have any spaces (EEEK!). I will have handed in all this weeks essays by then so it will be a self-gift and a well ruddy earned one!

My son is fine... he has been well enough to moan at me about wanting a new BMX so i think he is recovering nicely.

The chicken, spinach and potato curry is a dead simple recipe off the SW section.

I chop an onion, dice a few peeled spuds (1.5 inch cubes) and chuck them in a pan with 2 tablespoons of mild or medium curry powder and frylight. cook them for a few minutes then add a tin of toms, fill the tin with water and chuck that in too. add some chicken and leave on a low heat for 45 minutes. neat the end of cooking, throw in a handful of spinach leaves... you can chuck in a teaspoon of fresh mint and fresh corriander as well but i often dont bother. I have just started using frozen spinach discs instead of fresh leaves too. It is the easiest curry ever and satisfies my potato addiction lol. I like rice but this is an easy curry that doesnt require it so its a great one-pot wonder. its great for the slow cooker as well. try it! you can always add extra veg to it.. i do that all the time to pad it out.

Ive weighed in tonight and have lost 1.5lbs. I am happy with that as Ive eaten LOADS! :D

Do you know I think I might just give that curry a go....I've been looking for good slow cooker recipes to try out, I'll let you know how I get on with it!! (thanks for recipe!)

Glad everyone in your family seems to be on the mend (phew!) It means you can get back to being focussed on your essays and then enjoy your feet on friday. I've always seen those things but never tried them, sure it will be great!

Oh and well done on your loss this week, 1.5lbs is a good solid loss!! x

thanks CC. Hope you're ok too xxx

My son went back to school today and I only have 1 essay left to do for tomorrow. Im going to do it now as I am at work this morning from 11.30am-7.30pm and then hand in all three in the morning. if I dont finish it before work (i have started it and its only 750 words) then I will finish it tonight. Ive pretty much had enough now. tis scary as its only year 1!!! I'll be a flogged, broken wreck by yr 3 for sure.

so..confession time. I had an argument with my son last night as he was insisting that he wasnt going back to school as he isnt allowed to wash his hair (because of the glue) and didnt want to look greasy. I told him I had work all day and that he was well enough so he had to go. we argued back and forth for ages and eventually i said I had to go to work and had too much to do rather than worry about his bloody hair to which he replied 'you dont do anything anyway!!'. I absolutely snapped and wanted to throttle him... did my crazy screaming lady routine for a few minutes and sent him to bed. I also argued with hubby as he thought i was out of order and i thought he was a lazy sod. I then broke down a bit and ate some cake and chocolate. Then I sat down to write my second essay but felt too guilty to carry on until i had PP-ed the stupid cake and chocs lol. so i have dented my weeklies ALREADY by quite a bit :( still, i feel better for counting it and not pretending it didnt happen :) I only have 32 weeklies left ( blimey!) so wont be using any others this week. this morning there were lots of apologies between me and son and he went to school without incident. As a matter of fact, he was fed, dressed and ready before i even woke up. bless him. drama over for now... until next time!

im quite aware that my food has little variety in it but i think i will just carry on like this until I have handed in my portfolio next week and then get a bit more creative when I have more time on my hands. so...very 'samey' menu today :)

Day 29

Breakfast

Banana (0)
2 x Satsumas (0)

Lunch

150g ainsley harriot spicy couscous (5)
BBQ chicken (6)
Salad (0)

Dinner

Tuna Sandwich (9)
crisps (4)

Snacks
options hoc choc (1)
Pear (0)

Total points: 25/36

Last edited:
well i dont want to speak too soon but today has been the first uneventful, calm day for a while! who knew I'd find peace and quiet by spending a day at a busy youth centre?! that says quite a lot really :rolleyes:

I also finished all 3 of my essays for handing in tomorrow morning and started on my portfolio for handing in next week. Im getting there!

well i dont want to speak too soon but today has been the first uneventful, calm day for a while! who knew I'd find peace and quiet by spending a day at a busy youth centre?! that says quite a lot really :rolleyes:

I also finished all 3 of my essays for handing in tomorrow morning and started on my portfolio for handing in next week. Im getting there!

Hiya glad to hear you and your son are back on track! I wouldn't worry too much about the cake and choc and plus you pointed it so no damage done!!

Well done on firstly having a "normal" smooth running day and also on the miracle of writing 3 essays this week with everything else you've been dealing with this week, huge pat on the back for you!!!

Good luck with your portfolio, I'm sure you'll have it done and dusted in no time at all! x

Thanks CC... I dunno how i finished them either. mind you... i did waffle complete gibberish all the way through at least one of them :D I suspect after next week everyone is going to expect me to start doing housework or laundry on a regular basis again as well :(

Good morning minis :)

Its going to be a relatively quiet day today. My 6 yr old has an assembly this afternoon and my daughter is having 2 friends sleep over tonight but other than that, Im going to be taking it very easy :D

Day 30

Breakfast

30g porridge (3)
Milk (3)
Banana (0)
2 x Satsumas (0)

Lunch

Cheese & onion toastie:
bread x 2 (5)
30g cheese (3)
red onion (0)
Ketchup (1)