Karens WW Diary

observation: today is the first day in 5 weeks where I didnt have even one itty bitty bit of salad. I usually have 2 large ones a day haha

Sometimes our bodies need a bit of change too. No harm in that. otherwise wed get sick of things !!!

Ooooh I never had a stalker before . will be looking over my shoulder now!!! . only joking Thanks for keeping me motivated.

Totally agree with that Breda, Ive just been relying on salad to bulk everything out and Ive grown to crave it every day now. Unfortunately, I still crave all the rubbish as well :D (nice top you are wearing today :p )

So, today I only have 1 essay left and its a relatively small one (2000 words) and some 'tidying up' to do on another piece of work. I am so so so excited at the prospect of finishing all this today. The deadline is noon on Friday - I have work tomorrow afternoon and all day thursday so this is my only convenient time to do it really. I feel absolutely exhausted though after a very late night so i dont know if the work will be any good. At this point, i dont really care as long as i can scrape a 'pass' :) nearly there! :D

tomorrow night is weigh-in. this week seems to have flown by but it has been a not very great one so thats fine! Everything seems to have settled down a little now and I am looking forward to the beginning of my summer :cool:

Look! NO TOASTIE!

Day 34

Breakfast

Banana (0)
satsuma (0)
Pear (0)

Lunch

baked potato (5)
birds eye hot & spicy chicken burger (7)
2 x extra light cheese triangles (1)
salad with sweetcorn (1)

Dinner

chips (7)
fish (6)
mushy peas (6) OMG! shoulda checked first!

Snacks

Splash o' Milk (1)
options hot choc (1)

Total points: 35/36

Last edited:
FINISHED!

I AM SO DAMN RELIEVED! I cannot wait to actually hand this portfolio in tomorrow morning :D

Karen said:
FINISHED!

I AM SO DAMN RELIEVED! I cannot wait to actually hand this portfolio in tomorrow morning :D

Woo hoo!! Well done u! Today must have been the day for finishing, I finished my report cards, Yayh!!! X

Brilliant Karen . You must be thrilled . must be a great feeling of freedom . Here comes the summer !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, it is a HUGE relief Breda! Glad you got finished too CC... not too long until your holidays either :D xxx

will be back to post menu after I have dropped off this portfolio... yay!

wow! i feel great now! i handed the portfolio in and almost cried :eek: i managed my first yr of uni and did a pretty good job of it (i think). Ive since had coffee with a friend and Im now sitting watching tele until I go to work. this is the life!

tonight is my 5th weigh-in. i have stayed within points this week with 10 weeklies to spare. I think i am one of those people who cant really have weeklies though. I had less weeklies last week and only lost 1.5lbs. i know thats a good loss but i have only lost 9.5lb in a full month and I usually lose more than that in my first 2 weeks on SW. i know WW is better than SW for me but i cant help but notice the losses are much slower. if i dont get a good result tonight i am going to drop the weeklies entirely and only use a portion of them for special occasions or emergencies!

speaking of special occasions...its my wedding anniversary on Sunday. it went totally back out of my head to buy hubby a gift! i will have to go shopping on saturday. I have decided we'll go to Nandos (low PP food) for the meal bit but not sure what else to do (yes thats right... hubby doesnt get to make any of the decisions lol)

Day 35

Breakfast

2 slices w/m toast (4)
50g lite Philly & chive cheese (2)

Lunch

Morrisons roast chicken sandwich (6) supposed to be 8 but left a quartre.
WW sweet chilli crisps (2)

Dinner

TBA

Snacks

Splash o' Milk (1)
options hot choc (1)

Total points: 16/36

Last edited:
Delighted for you that you have that cloud lifted off your shoulders. i really admire mothers with kids and a Job and a house being able to go back to college too. Super women in my view. well done.

Hubby probably deserves a well done too because i know you said he has been very supportive (and has had to listen to you too !!) . You both deserve a good night out .

heya Breda. Hope yu are having a good day. you are right, my hubby has been amazing. He works full time, does part time university (through his job and the OU) and always makes his stuff fit around my course/the kids and my job too. Now, if i could get him to do 50% of the housework, he'll be ruddy perfect :D In all seriousness, I just love him to bits - he puts up with just as much as i do and NEVER complains! he has even started going to work early on wednesdays so he can be home for me to go to my weigh-in. sometimes i forget how brilliant he is so i will have to make up for that on sunday.

I have weigh-in soon and I JUST got my period. its a week early but explains why i have felt sick and have been drinking hot chocolate for the past few days. I'm not bothered by it but wondered if it would impact on my weigh-in at all. Im not sure if its a good or bad thing! either way though - i weigh in at 6.30!

I didnt get to have a stirfry last night as i needed some supplies and ignored the shopping in favour of finishing my folder so I am going to have that tonight. I bought some low fat chow mein sauce and the stirfry veggies on my way home from work. im looking forward to it!

Dont worry too much about your period arriving Karen . Think to yourself if you have a weight loss this week thats really good and you will def then have a good weight loss next week when all the bloating etc is gone. I got mine on Monday and was still down yesterday. Today I have no energy though and even went back to bed for two hours while the kids were at school .. usually happens to me around the time . I also get a mad craving for chocolate a few days before...

9.5 lbs in a month is brilliant girl .Multiply that by six months and its almost 60 lbs which is 4 stone !!!!! . Id be happy with four stone gone by september/ october.

thats very true. my goal was to lose 4 stones for october so you are right! thanks Breda. Hubby hasnt come home! not sure if i will make it to weigh-in tonight now? i take back all that nice stuff i said about him haha. hope he is ok... he said he'd be back by 6. if not, i may have to try to weigh in elsewhere tomorrow.

Hi Karen

Hope hubby made it home safe and sound and you made your weigh in...a belated good luck x

well! I had an apology text from hubby to say he was still at work so i have missed weigh-in. I am working all day tomorrow and there are no other local weigh-ins until monday now so i decided to bring down my scales and weigh myself. My scales are exactly 1lb heavier than WWs (i know because of my sneaky peeking last week and weighing myself during first 2 weeks!)

So, according to my scales, I have lost 1lb which is great but I have decided there will be no more weeklies for a couple of weeks. if theres a big difference in my losses, i will stop them for good!

ooo Breda, I just stuffed myself full of stirfry and it was delish! i used chicken, a pack of basic stirfry veg, added button mushrooms, sweetcorn, red onion and morrisons 'eat smart' chow mein sauce (which was only 1 pp for a 2 person serving). the whole thing worked out to 5 PPs as I didnt bother with egg noodles. YUM! Im going to be a lot more adventurous in the kitchen so hopefully will be able to inspire some of you guys too.

Glad you enjoyed your stirfry karen . Its a handy dinner if you are just cooking for yourself . Once it has a nice sauce you dont even need the carbs with it..

Great being down a lb considering you got your period . Hopefully we will have better losses next week when its gone. I have had a bad day points wise . will be better tomorrow . :wave_cry:

Well done on the 1lb off this week, even with all the stress of getting PF in this week, good job!! X

Hi ladies, thanks for the support. I hope you are having a better day today Breda. xxx

I have to confess! lastnight i had cramps so bad that I took 2 tramadol pills. I have to stress... grabbing a box of prescribed pain pills is NOT something i would usually do for moderate pain but i was feeling really rough and could find nothing else to help me. Those suckers are STRONG! I should have just taken 1 (or none) but instead i was in trippy-land for half the night and scared the life out of myself. i wouldnt go to sleep as i was a bit freaked out. moral of the story: dont take prescription pills before bed - especially if you cant remember why they were originally prescribed. anyways... enough of my wild night of drugs lol. I was only mentioning it to say that I have barely slept and have to go to work until 7.30pm. noooooo!!!

I have been going through skinnytaste (.com) website and printing off some recipes. I love ginas recipes and highly recommend them for WWers. she adapts her meals for the american version of WW so you have to re-point the menus for yourself but her food is lovely and low fat!! I have tried a few bits that she has put on her site and its always lovely. unfortunately, i have to work all day so im not going to get the chance to be adventurous until tomorrow but i have put aside a recipe for a rather scrummy looking shrimp creole for our friday night meal. today will probably be processed WW meals and whatever else i can grab easily. Still... I love being at work so i dont mind at all and i can dream of tomorrows creole lol.

have a fantastic day guys xxxxxxxxxx

Day 36

Breakfast

3 tonnes of pineapple (0)
Sandwich toastie (7)

Lunch

WW chicken curry (8)
satsuma (0)
crisps (4)

Dinner

chicken sandwich (9)
Satsuma (0)

Snacks

2 x options hot choc (2)
2 x ww crisps (4)
ww biscuit (4)

Total points: 36/36 + 2 weeklies

Last edited:
Hey Karen. Sorry to hear you had a bad night . Tramadol are good though . I used to eat them when my sciatica was really bad . You will take anything when you are in bad pain . They are very addictive though . Hope work goes ok for you today . Feeling much more energetic today TG.

Glad you're ok :D Im going to bed in a minute. meeting some of the girlies at uni tomorrow for coffee as they are hading in their portfolios. other than that, im just going to shop for hubbys gift and take it easy!

Goodnight minis! xxx

Back