Karens WW Diary

Hi Karen

Hope you've enjoyed your 'quiet' day! Loving the sound of your menu today.. you always seem to have food that I really like. I think I might have a cheese and onion toastie for lunch tomorrow, you've really put me in the mood for one! Hope portfolio is coming along nicely!! x

heya CC, Im not even thinking about the 'P' word until Sunday :D

i have to say... i could get addicted to toasties of all varieties but theres just something extra yum about plain old cheese and red onion ...nomnomnom... I ditched the cottage pie in favour of baked piri piri chicken with salad for dinner as it had gotten really late and cottage pie takes aaaaages. I love my stodgy, hearty comfort foods though ... theres no mistaking how i got fat in the first place! i'll put it back on the menu for tomorrow. I even got all happy today when I bought those small roaster dishes today to make my own ickle individual lasagna/cottage pie/etcs so that I dont 'accidentally' miscalculate when serving from a family sized dish. its amazing what excites me :D

So, i hardly know what to do with myself tonight. i think my husband is going out and my girl is having her friends sleep-over. i may let them sleep downstairs and go lay in bed watching a movie or reading a book. im going to enjoy this!!

ive gone over points and had to use 2 weeklies. I forgot I had eaten a WW choc eclair until after i'd eaten the rest of my PPs. ah well... its only 2, not 17 like the other night :eek:

Ach 2 points will be fine I'm sure!! Yup I love my stodgy food too and like wise it's hardly surprising I find myself constantly on wws!!

Enjoy your relaxing night tonight. I have got school work coming out my ears what with report cards due at the end of the month but I've decided I'm doing nada tonight!! Spending most of my time avoiding the HUGE bag of Jelly Bellys OH has stupidly bought!! x

ahhh hope you managed to stay away from the sweeties! Good luck with all the report cards and such... i dunno how teachers cope with so much. Its not like you do the qualification and then just the job... from what i see of my friends in teaching... its a high maintenance job that never slows down! I like that I get paid to play pool and have BBQs :D

Today hubby is taking the kids to town BMX shopping and I am taking my mother to have our feet nibbled by fishies :) We've never had it done before so that'll be an experience. the sleep over was a success and everyone is in a good mood. ha... as i typed that my daughter and hubby started to argue about mess she has made in the garage... oh well... I'm in a good mood at least :p

I may see how mum feels about having dinner together at Nando's after we have our feet done... or go with hubby tonight. I have never been to Nandos either! What a sheltered life i lead :)

I had a really hearty lunch of pasta, homemade italian pasta sauce and some WW garlic ciabatta. was delish and only 12 points for loads.

Right! Im off to get me tootsies sorted :D

oops.. forgot my menu!

Day 31

Breakfast

2 x Satsumas (0)

Lunch

WW Garlic bread (5)
160g cooked wholewheat saghetti (5)
20g cheese (2)

Dinner

Chinese Veggie Curry (8)
Singapore chow mein (7)?

Snacks

1 x Amaretto (2)
Bacon & Egg Roll (10)

Total points: 36/36 + 4 weeklies

Last edited:
Ooooh . fishies at my toes ...i dont know. I scream like a pig if anyone touches my toes so I think that could freak me out...let us know what it feels like when you get home :eek:

Good luck with your tootsies today..I don't know if I could do it either! I've heard people say it's like little electric pulses when they nibble you...I have a huge phobia of electricity and electric shocks so don't think it would be for me! I also hate it when I'm in the sea on holiday and any little fish come near me so I reckon it definately wouldn't be for me!!

It's bloody hard work being a teacher...yes the hols are great but I tell you we bloomin run ourselves into the ground and if the holidays weren't there I doubt the government could convince anyone to be a teacher. The amount of paper work and evidence gathering is so so ridiculous!! I have a million things to get done before the end of June..everytime I think about it I feel sick. Lying on the beach in July is the only thing that's keeping me going I tell you!! Sorry, rant from me over!!

Hope you've had a good day! x

Hi Breda and CC,

LOL... you rant away! The holidays certainly get earned so a beach break is the least you can expect. My hours are usually 4 hours at a time and though theres a lot of paperwork in addition, I find its quite manageable because our face-to-face hours are very spread out where i am at the moment. sorry to rub it in lol. xxx

So! The fishies were GREAT! well... they werent - they were gross and I couldnt even look... i screamed and everyone laughed at me BUT my feet look and feel amazing :D Hubby was shocked and said 'they look so sexy' and now wants his done hehe. I will definitely be going again - even though the thought of fish touching me and my feet being touched by ANYTHING is horrendous, it is well worth it :D

so, Im not having nandos or cottage pie tonight. we've ordered a chinese :eek: It should be well within my points though. Im having half a pack of singapore noodles and veggie curry...nomnomnom. usually i would have very naughty stuff but trying to be a little bit good! Im starving but will resist all the chips/chicken balls/prawn crackers/fried rice/honey mustard chicken that the others are having :(

Ooh I'm much jealous of your chinese takeaway, especially your singapore noodles, they are my absolute favourite thing at the moment. Although I have to say I've got an absolute cheek to be jealous...I had them last night for tea!!

Glad to hear your feet thing went well.. I like the idea of having lovely soft nice new feet but still don't think I could do the fish bit ha!

Hope you've enjoyed your evening!! x

They were great and I loved the veg curry. how did u point the chow mein, CC?

Day 31

Breakfast

Ham & cheese toastie
Ham (1)
60g cheese (7)
Bread (4)
Red Onion (0)

Lunch

None... opps!

Dinner

Cottage Pie:
200g potato (4)
Peas (1)
Carrots, tomatoes, oxo, spices, onion (0)
extra lean mince (6)
cheese triangle (1)

Snacks

2 x Amaretto (4)
WW eclair (2)
Hot Chocolate (1)

Total points: 31/36

Sorry Karen I thought I had already replied to you about how I point the singapore chow mein (apologies!!) I use the lady luck site:

http://**********.co.uk/category/values/chinese-and-japanese/

it gives you the values for loads of other foods too down the right hand side. It is the old discover points which I'm doing so you'll need to take that into account when working out your points but it'll give you a good idea!

Hope you've had a good day, once again I'm drooling reading your food choices for today...ha!! x

Just realised the link is all blanked out?? Funny, maybe you are not allowed to promote it on this site although this is where I first discovered it!! If you type lady luck values into google it's like the first link that comes up, hope it's of help! x

Thanks CC, it'll give me a rough idea. I didnt realise you were on old points, i guess a lot of WWers are as PPs are quite new. Thanks for the heads up though xx

Today I bought some bathroom tiles and hubby did some DIYing that was in urgent need. As soon as I have handed all my uni work in I am going to start tiling the bathroom and do the odd-jobs that cannot wait so that we can put this place on the market. I have seen a couple of houses that I want already! they r in the same street/block as my parents in a nice neighbourhood with a very high achieving secondary school. I am soooo ready to move! It will be hard to move in some ways as this house is the only home any of my kids remember and they are so attached to the people/place. they dont see it as anything too bad as they have nothing to compare it to i guess. just the fact that they think these fights and how rough some of these people are is 'normal' means we are way overdue to move! I guess getting the house ready to put on the market is another incentive to finish my course work this week too :D

Good morning minis :)

Feel a bit stressed today. Stubbed my toe on a suitcase this morning, was late for the school run and just sat down to do my portfolio essays. I have a smear test today (TMI haha) and I dont want to do all this work. Gawd... i seem to always be moaning lately! I decided to pop on here quickly just to put off having to do the other writing lol. gah! i cannot wait to have this week over with. on the plus side, my living room looks great as hubby hung my other set of curtains and we moved some bits around. I dont want to make this place look too good otherwise i wont want to move lol.

sooo... i better stop putting off the inevitable and get this work done. Menu quickly first though...

Day 33

Breakfast

Banana (0)
2 x satsuma (0)

Lunch

cheese and bacon toastie:
bread (4)
bacon (2)
40g cheese (5)
ketchup (1)

Dinner

carrot and swede mash (4)
southern fried chicken (6)
greenbeans (0)
2 x cheese triangles (1)
WW cheesecake (5)

Snacks

Splash o' Milk (1)

Total points: 29/36

Last edited:
Ouch . poor toe .hope it feels better soon.
smear test .lovely .the things us women have to do (though obviously its a good idea to do regularly) Men get off so easy !!.

LOL, yeah I agree. As luck would have it, my sister happened to pop in JUST as I finished one of the portfolio assignments and offered to come with me to doctors so it was nice to have someone to hold my hand :) so, we had a cuppa and a gossip then went to docs followed by some shopping. I treated myself to a new top (for having successfully finished 1 of 3 essays for portfolio, of course) and now i am home cooking dinner and trying to chat to my 7 yr old as I add little bits of nonsense to this 2nd essay. i think i will give it a break until tonight now though as neither the essay or my son are getting much sense out of me.

I have completely fiddled my menu from what it was supposed to look like as I started to crave a toastie this morning and have since bought new things for dinner. I fear the toastie-fun is verging on obbsession now as I have introduced bacon into the mix. YUM! so, for lunch i had a cheese and bacon toastie and dinner is going to be southern fried chicken with swede and carrot mash and a side of greenbeans. Im really hungry now! ooo and WW cheesecake for afters :D

Oooooh . lunch and dinner sound lovely. !! Isnt it amazing how much we look forward to our meals when we cut out a lot of the rubbish and eat proper portions.

Nothing like a good natter with a girlfriend over coffee. (except avoiding all the nice cakes in the restaurant).:sigh:

Hi glad your day wasn't too awful! I really need to make myself a toastie soon and stop my cravings everytime I pop into your diary! Hope essay number 2 comes along nicely! X

Oooooh . lunch and dinner sound lovely. !! Isnt it amazing how much we look forward to our meals when we cut out a lot of the rubbish and eat proper portions.

Nothing like a good natter with a girlfriend over coffee. (except avoiding all the nice cakes in the restaurant).:sigh:

Breda, I ALWAYS look forward to grub and im already thinking about tomorrows :eek: if i cant continuously fill my face then i can at least THINK about continuously filling it :D

It was lovely seeing my sis as i havent got to see her a fraction as often as i did before this bloody degree :rolleyes:

hows your day? I will flip over to your diary in a mo to [STRIKE]stalk[/STRIKE] err... see you ...

Hi glad your day wasn't too awful! I really need to make myself a toastie soon and stop my cravings everytime I pop into your diary! Hope essay number 2 comes along nicely! X

ah CC... when you make it, make it one filled with bacon! Im not sure how im going to ween myself off them (or if i should). I have been fancying other things but keep getting drawn back to beloved toasties lol. Just finished 2nd essay so i am thrilled with myself. Celebrating with a glass of amaretto (seeing as i had 7 PPs left :D ) Only 2000 words left and alll of tomorrow in which to do it :D :D :D

Back