Karens WW Diary

Karen

Serial Foodie!
Im Karen, a longterm member of minis and a serial dieter. This is my first attempt at WW but I have done SW a few times along with herbalife, cambridge and many more lol. I even have a gastric band fitted that helps marginally... very marginally :( I hope this is the time I can pull it off!

Im 34, married with 3 children and living in Plymouth (Im from London though). I know a few people on the forum but no WWers really. I decided to join WW after regaining some weight that I lost with Slimming World last year. I have been off the boil for a while and thought I better wind my neck in and get the rest of my weight off :eek: so here I am yet again....

Tomorrow night is my 2nd WI. I lost 4.5lb in week 1 and have been away on a family holiday for the last week which included celebrating my husbands 33rd and my sons 7th birthdays. Its been ruddy tough! I had 1 day off plan but otherwise, I stuck to it properly and counted everything. Hopefully I do ok :rolleyes:

Look forward to getting to know you guys

xxxxx

Last edited:
Day 13 (26/04/11)

Brekky

Apple

Lunch

Croque Madame (ham & cheese toastie with poached egg!)from WW mag:
Bread (5)
50g Cheese (5)
Egg (2)
Ham (1)

Dinner

BBQ Chicken (5)
Pitta Bread (4)
Large salad (0)
50g Tesco l/f Coleslaw (2)
Iceland Chilli Sweetworn on cob (3)

Snacks

Milk (2)
Dark Choc (7)

Total points: 36/36

Hi Karen

Good luck with ww, I'm sure you'll do just fine! Love the sound of the croque Madame, yum!! Is that from this months mag? X

Hi CC,

its in the May edition. 2 slices of bread, 60g WW cheese, 2 slices of WW ham and an egg. make the sandwich up with 30g cheese on 1 slice of bread, layer on the ham then top it off with the other 30g cheese and 2nd slice of bread. Frylight a frying pan and brown the sarnie off on both sides. the recipe said to then bake it for a few minutes but i didnt bother. Poach an egg and slap it on top. Its 10 pps in the mag but i used thick wholemeal bread and full fat cheese so mine was 13 and tasted delightfully naughty :p I made it for my 13 yr old as well and he loved it.

xx

hi karen, all the best from me too with your weight loss journey! xx

Thanks Smirnoff x

I didnt have a great deal of sleep last night so I am pretty wiped out today. Its my own fault for staying up to watch extra episodes of Biggest Loser USA! Ho-Hum... Im motivated, even if knackered :rolleyes:

I have some uni work to finish today (Im a 'mature' student) and I am working for a couple of hours this afternoon too. Im a youth worker and am about to finish my first year of a degree. I have about 9000 words to hand in within the next couple of weeks and im starting to panic a bit. Hopefully it will keep me too busy to over-eat!

Ive planned out todays food and will be weighing-in tonight at about 6pm. I dont feel like Ive done very well but aside from 1 day off for my sons birthday, I have kept on track. I think the huge routine shift of being away on holiday and the 2 family birthdays have made me a little unconfident. Still! It'll all be revealed tonight :)

Day 14 (2nd WI)

Brekky

2 x Weetabix (3)

Lunch

Ham salad sandwich:
Bread (5)
Salad Cream (1)
Ham (1)
Salad (0)
Walkers Crisps (4)

Dinner

Chicken, Spinach & Potato Curry:
Tinned toms, curry powder, onion, spinach and peppers (0)
300g potato (6)
170g Chicken (5)

Snacks

300ml 'The One' Milk (3)
WW Dark choc and orange bar (3)
sunbites (3)

Total points: 34/36

Last edited:
Stupid scales! I stayed the same :cry: Knew i felt bloated and crap but hoped for a half lb or something. Oh well! Will try twice as hard this week. Obviously cant get away with 1 day off the plan :eek:. No more family birthdays until June now so I will be ok :cool:

Karen said:
Hi CC,

its in the May edition. 2 slices of bread, 60g WW cheese, 2 slices of WW ham and an egg. make the sandwich up with 30g cheese on 1 slice of bread, layer on the ham then top it off with the other 30g cheese and 2nd slice of bread. Frylight a frying pan and brown the sarnie off on both sides. the recipe said to then bake it for a few minutes but i didnt bother. Poach an egg and slap it on top. Its 10 pps in the mag but i used thick wholemeal bread and full fat cheese so mine was 13 and tasted delightfully naughty :p I made it for my 13 yr old as well and he loved it.

xx

Ooh thanks for that, I'm definately going to give it a go sounds delicious!!!

I'm totally addicted to biggest loser USA too, watch the catch up on a sat, and seem to cry watching it everytime! What's that about??

Wouldn't worry too much about WI, some weeks are just funny!! You'll be right back on track on the scales next week!! X

ha! I cry at it as well and Im a *little bit* obsessed with Bob Harper :)

To spur me on I bought 3 pairs of shoes and a couple of pairs of summer trousers in the next size down. i WILL be fine... a STS isnt the end of the world... it just felt like it for an hour or so :D

Today I work funny hours... Im at work from 10.30am - 8.30pm so I have a couple of WW packet meals to see me through. I am going to be an angel and stay away from weeklies this week. I have my eye on one of those silver 7s so I am going to focus on that! I will fiddle my menu later as I am currently 16 points short :)

Day 15

Brekky

Banana (0)

Lunch

WW Mushroom & Broccoli Melt (6)
Apple (0)

Dinner

Large Salad
80g Pasta (8)
Chilli Prawns (2)
Pineapple (0)

Snacks

2 x WW Dark choc and orange bar (6)
2 x sunbites (6)
3 x breezers (9)

Total points: 36/36 + 1 weekly

Last edited:
We're having an uneventful day. Just doing uni work and tidying up. Rock and Roll! Kids have been playing at the new park all day and hubby has been entertaining them. The kids are having chip shop chips tonight :sigh: with roast chicken and mushy peas. Im not sure what to have yet. Im pretty hungry though!

Day 16

Brekky

Porridge & milk (6)

Lunch

WW Chicken Casserole (5)
WW Toffee bar (2)

Dinner

Large Salad (0)
Roast Chicken (4)
Sweetcorn (1)

Snacks

50g Olives in brine (2)
milk (2)
WW Coconut Cake (4)
2 Breezers (6)

Total points: 32/36

Last edited:
Yum to the chip shop chips. Can you have a roast chicken salad and then you are sort of involved?

Hi Twinmum :D Good call... thats exactly what I did and it was lovely. not as lovely as chips but ah well... its just fuel (i'll convince myself one day)

xxx

Hi Karen, i have to say i've enjoyed your diary so far. I'm a bypasser and started on w/w nearly 4 weeks ago. Guesstimated my way through the first three weeks and am now seriously watching every morsel... Good luck on your journey, i'm going to send a friend request as it's nice to find a fellow surgery person on here. Or at least one like myself who isn't hiding it :)

Good luck x

Hi Julie, i was pleased to see another person who had had surgery on the WW board. I think a lot of ppl assume its a 'cheat' rather than a tool and dont really know how the surgerys work (or dont work) so its good to see someone else who knows from experience that it isnt a cure - that its still a struggle. Having said that, I know miniminers are much more clued up and understanding than most people but its still nice to know someone else who has actually done it :D Ive just read yur diary and all your cycling has tired me out lol. you sound very motivated and full of energy... you'll have those 58lbs sorted in no time xx

I figured out why i didnt lose weight last week after reading some threads here. Before we went away I saw on here that 100 kcal bacardi breezers were 1 point so I was having about 4 a night on our caravanning holiday last week but just read somewhere else that they are 3 points each! Mystery solved! I'd had a day off too and had used all my weeklies in addition so its obvious i wouldnt lose now. Im just amazed I didnt gain! Anyways... I finished the last of the breezers last night so no more distraction in that area. my liver will be relieved. I dont usually drink but I have found that I cant resist the watermelon ones. I'd only bought so many because of the holiday and i thought they were 1 point... ho hum!

Me and hubby are taking the kids out for the day. If the weather stays nice it'll be a trip to a local park. It is massive and we can play frisbee, football and rugby (youth workers always have these things in the boot of their car lol) so I can get some exercise. Theres a swimming pool next to the park so we will go there too. If the weather is bad we will just swim longer and miss the park :)

Day 17

Brekky

2 weetabix (3)
Milk (3)

Lunch

Ham Salad Sarnie:
Bread (4)
cheese (3)
Salad (0)
Salad cream (1)
Pineapple (0)
crisps (4)

Dinner

Beef & Noodles with lots of veggies (12)
WW dessert (4)

Snacks

WW Toffee Bar (2)

Total points: 36/36

Last edited:
Im off out with my husband tonight. we hadn't planned to but we are both relatively awake and my mum is here so we thought we'd abandon ship for a few hours. I dunno where we are going but Ive used all my daily points so it may be modest weeklies for drinking and no eating. off to get ready :-D

Ended up using 10 weeklies on drinkies lastnight and had a great time with hubby and 2 close friends. I drank very little and had a brilliant time :D

Day 18

Brekky

Lunch

WW Mush/Broc Melt (6)
Pineapple (0)
Sunbites (3)

Dinner

Homemade beefburger x 2 (12)
JP (6)
Large Salad (0)
2 cheese triangles (1)

Snacks

WW orange Bar (3)
Milk (2)
Popcorn (2)

Total points: 35/36

The sun is back after a couple of days of rain... YAY! May have to take full advantage of our last day off for a while. I go back to uni tomorrow.. BOOO... but its only for 2 weeks them off til october... yayyyyy lol. So, will wait til the brood wake up and see what they would like to do :)

Theres a romantic meal on the cards for me and hubby tonight. Im serving 3 courses and have bought 'Shutters Island' (havent got around to watching it yet!) for after. So today we have to exhaust the kids in order for them to welcome an early night :D

Day 19

Brekky

Banana (0)

Lunch

Ham salad sarnie:
Bread (4)
Salad and salad cream (1)
Ham (1)
Salad (0)

Dinner

Starter: Creamy Shrimp and celery Salad (from skinnytaste.com)(3)
Main: Chicken kiev (6) Crushed garlic potato (5) Greenbeans and sweetcorn (1)
Dessert: WW Choc Brownie (5)

Snacks

Milk (1)

Total points: 27/36

Back to uni this afternoon and Im eager to get it over with. I only have today and next tuesday to attend then im done for the summer :D I have soooo much writing to do though. I have a couple of essays due in by next week and a portfolio for the week after (around 9000 words) so I am going to be hitting the library pretty hard for the next 2 weeks. I am so so pleased with myself though... Ive never finished anything Ive ever started but I successfully completed an access course last year and am about to finish my first year of uni. I feel like my individual life is really coming together and it makes my home and family life much happier. I work with young asylum seekers and youth offenders and am making a great reputation for myself in my field. I am starting to feel fulfilled in myself and I think that is what is different between this and every other attempt to lose weight. Ive started to succeed elsewhere and am raising my self esteem so tackling the weight doesnt seem so out of the realm of possibilities now :eek: Im hoping I can make a real dent in the weight loss between now and going back to uni in october. if i could lose 3-4 stones in those 5 1/2 months i would be absolutely thrilled :D

Week 3 weigh-in tomorrow night!

Day 20

Brekky

WW Bacon (3)
Bread (4)
Ketchup (1)

Lunch

WW Jalfrezi Curry (7)

Dinner

200g BBQ Chicken (6)
Large Salad (0)
couscous (5)

Snacks

Milk (1)
sunbites (3)
Apple (0)
Pineapple (0)
Grapes (0)
Biscuits (7)

Total points: 36/36 + 1 weekly

Last edited:
Good morning minis :)

yesterday after uni I went to the library and stayed there until 7pm. I had my dinner when I got back and threw it all up within an hour then was sick twice more during the night. my tum has been going loopy ever since and I feel really rough! come hell or high water, I WILL be attending weigh-in though :cool: Its not until tonight so I have a long time to pull myself around.

So, instead of a day at the library i am sitting at the dining table with a bunch of books and doing the work from home an feeling awful. Oh well! At least I wont be eating loads! Im diabetic so will have to have something (if possible) every now and then. If I cant eat from this menu then I will have a sugared tea every few hours. xxx

Day 21

Brekky

None

Lunch

Soup & Croutons (6)

Dinner

2 x Boiled eggs (4)
Ham (2)
Salad (0)

Snacks

Milk (1)

Total points: /36