Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Wow, that evening was some achievement K. I think I could have resisted the crisps, but certain I would have dived headlong into the wine.

Your holiday sounds fabulous too, having something to aim to be slimmer for is always good! :)

Thanks all. I was thinking today that I notice a few people miss meals. I can't really understand that as i think i have been hungry my whole life so how could anyone miss a meal?:D I havent tried it (and dont plan to lol) but i think i am just getting an inkling of what a normal person might feel like. Another bonus for atkins:)

Anyhow enof rambling, todays food
B bacon and eggs
L slice flax bread, salami, cheese, celery and bit mayonnaise
D prawn, avocado and boursin with shirataki noodles
S mini pepperami, pork crackling, and almond cup cake when i got back from dancing (dh has been baking and testing out almond flour recipes - excellent:) )

W plenty
E 2 hours dancing :)
A no

Morning Katie,

yes we have a few who seem to be able to skip breakfast, I have no idea how, I'm starving when I wake in the morning.

Morning Katie... well done on the crisp resistance!

Thanks all. I was thinking today that I notice a few people miss meals. I can't really understand that as i think i have been hungry my whole life so how could anyone miss a meal?:D I havent tried it (and dont plan to lol) but i think i am just getting an inkling of what a normal person might feel like. Another bonus for atkins:)

Anyhow enof rambling, todays food
B bacon and eggs
L slice flax bread, salami, cheese, celery and bit mayonnaise
D prawn, avocado and boursin with shirataki noodles
S mini pepperami, pork crackling, and almond cup cake when i got back from dancing (dh has been baking and testing out almond flour recipes - excellent:) )

W plenty
E 2 hours dancing :)
A no

Morning Katie,

yes we have a few who seem to be able to skip breakfast, I have no idea how, I'm starving when I wake in the morning.

Miss a meal - I would have to eat one of my limbs!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That Boursin noodle thing sounds yum. If they don't affect your loss, maybe I'll stop by the japan centre soon and give them a go. I miss meals quite regularly, diet or not, but make up for it by eating everything in sight on other days!

Hi rosebug, hope you had a good day. The recipe for the sauce is on the sticky thread. The noodles are a bit wierd but do the job!

Off out very shortly when the baby sitter arrives - dancing, dinner and drinking with DH - i love fridays :D

Morning all,
had a really lovely evening last night. We ended up going to what we consider the v expensive restaurant but actually the value is great and the food stunning - so will just have to ration how often we go! Also the fact we now dont need any extras like potatoes and are completely cheap dates really helps :D

So food for yesterday,
B bacon & eggs
L marinated anchovies and chirozo rapido (off the the recipe thread - made it with too much fennel and then couldnt eat it all once I checked the carbs!!)
D half beef carpaccio and rocket salad, veal & mushroom sauce with spinach (might have been sneaky carbs in the sauce - living dangerously!)
S mini pepperami, flax cracker with avocado dip, few bits of celery

W not bad
E an hour of Samba
A glass of white & glass of red

Took a sneaky peek at the scales today and doesn't look like much is moving this week. Need to stay good this weekend to ensure I keep january where it is at least!

Plan for the weekend: brother & SIL coming to talk about baby stuff (they are 3.5 m preggie) so we are doing lunch. DH planning to try making some legal "corn bread" using almond flour - will be an interesting experiment. Then doing fresh tuna burgers and aubergine parmigiana. Ooh - better get into the kitchen now!

Catch up later ;)

Evening. Lovely day today - successful lunch. Then exhausted when DD had friend over and they couldnt agree what to play together - lots of whining and asking for sweeties. Then they insisted on cooking their own tea - you can imagine the mess lol!

Food today
B bacon and eggs
L fresh tuna burgers with wasabi cream sauce, almond bread (delish) and salad
D roast chicken breast and aubergine, cauliflower cheese
S almond cup cake

W never enough - always forget at home
E nope
A glass of white

Can I hire your hubby to come over and bake things for me? Almond cupcakes sound lovely - do you know how many carbs per cake? That said, my own baking skills aren't even up to normal cupcakes, so I'll probably be sticking with MIMs.

Glad you had a good day, even with the kids messing around at the end of it.

Not lettimg him out the house lol - what if i had to cook for myself?!

Anyhow, pretty good day today here. Put my now too large work trousers in a box that i hope to fill further, and got out my previous work trous which i grew out of a year or so a go. Very exciting - they fit (just!) and hoping they are good incentive to only go down :). A bit nervous about tomorrow as 4 weeks of diet and end of jan but changing trousers will help keep me focused whatever.

Food today:
B smoked salmon and scrambled egg
L flaxmeal pizzas (base ok but not that brilliant, tom sauce homemade and minimum counted carbs) with pepperoni and cheese, plus salad
D out again - mozarella and avocado with 1 slice tomato, steak and salad. Heartbreakingly they served carelamised onion on the side - took one sneaky mouthful and left the rest :cry:
S 1 almond cup cake

W enof
E none (lazy weekend avoidimg that horrible cold wind!)
A half bottle red (before the week starts once more :D )

Ps almond cupcakes are just under 2 net carbs each - worth it :D

Hey honey. Can you please get your hubby to cook stuff for us aswell ;)

Can I hire your hubby to come over and bake things for me?

Hey honey. Can you please get your hubby to cook stuff for us aswell ;)

Ha ha - there seems to be a need for adventurous atkins cooks for hire. I would offer to hire him out - but think that's illegal lol :D Will have to set up Susie's cafe one day after all.........

Anyway - flying through as supposed to be off to zumba. WI today - lost 1lb :D Pretty happy with that to round off a happy first month.

Back to full lean & green this week as we have a planned carbfest on next saturday night......

catch up with all later
xx

Ooh what's the carbfest?? I want to eat vicariously!

Congrats on your loss! Can we swap and I'll have your 3rd week loss in my 4th??

Well done on the loss Katie :)

Hope the rumba, sorry, zumba goes well :)
Ha ha - yes during zumba tonight I think we did samba, salsa, reggaton, plus many more....no doubt rumba too!

Ooh what's the carbfest?? I want to eat vicariously!

Congrats on your loss! Can we swap and I'll have your 3rd week loss in my 4th??
Good idea - with immediate effect everyone on the board gets to lose the same as the person who loses the most - that way will all reach target very shortly!:D

Carbfest - is birthday dinner out with our best friends next saturday (his bday). We are doing a tasting menu at a very expensive covent garden restaurant - at that price I am going to eat all 7 courses and drink all the yummy wine & then no doubt regret it the next day:p

Any atkins long termers with advice to make sure I dont feel too awful - planning to go lean & green this week for weight but worried about sudden carb hit as many people say makes you feel rough?

Anyhow food today:
B bacon & eggs
L artichoke hearts with parma ham, chicken & advocado & salad
D lamb steak with brocolli, green beans, spinach & a bit of garlic creme fraiche
S mini pepperami, flax crackers & boursin

W some
E 2 hours of dancing
A no

So I've completed 4 weeks on atkins - almost a third of the way to goal. Now it gets harder......!

Back