Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Hi all, what a crazy day. Exhausted again but at least im working from home tomorrow so will get a lie in:D

Bfast meeting was fine. I had usual bacon and eggs before i left so wasnt hungry. There were croissants and pastries - interestingly i dont feel i had to "resist" these- i just wasn't interested. Now the large jug of freshly squeezed orange juice - that involved will power to avoid lol. Anyhow got out of there just on tea and water :)

Rushing back and forth between meetings, snuck in lunch with DH, then off to early dance rehearsal as we have a show on sunday night. I was worrying how i would ever manage zumba and everyone else pulled out - thank goodness!

Food:
b bacon and eggs
L shared plate of salamis, olives etc then seabass and salad
D meatloaf sandwich on flax bread with 1 carb ketchup
S 2 mini pepperamis, few cubes of cheese

W lots
E 1.5 hours dancing
A no

Feeling a bit nibbly after all that dancing - hmm what's a good bedtime snack?

Morning Katie.

Good day for you then yesterday love, well done.

Morning Katie... hows tricks?

Evening all, well i guess bed time really:)

Had a good day - always enjoy days working from home as i get a lie and still get loads done. Lovely evening - DD is staying overnight at grandparents so we came home after dancing, had a lovely veal stew and then got to watch a movie (cant usually because she is such a nightmare going to bed!). And we get a lie in tomorrow :D

So today
B bacon and eggs
L sausages and red cabbage and blob 1 carb ketchup
D veal stew with mushrooms and cauli mash
S 2 more sausages, flax bread with avocado

W lots
E 1 hour dancing
A 1 glass of red

Night night!

Hi Bren and Linz

Yes having a pretty chilled saturday so far. Managed bfast about 10, pottered into twickenham for a walk and bought some of the flavoured flax everyone keeps talking about and then came back for lunch.

Made ourselves an enormous chicken caesar salad - made up the dressing recipe and i was really pleased with it. Also fried the last slice of flax bread for croutons - ok but not really crispy enough.

DD back from theatre class, dealt with tantrum and then headed out to hairdresser for treat blowdry ready for dinner out tonight. Wow - exhausted and sitting catching up to recover :D

Worrying slightly about tonight - it's all very well telling myself this a planned carbfest but that just means i'm feeling guilty ahead!!! Will be first carbs for a month and worried will feel rubbish, will turn back into carb monster, etc you name it - i'm worrying about it.....

Hey ho - hopefully the alcohol alongside will soon make me relax:)

Off for a potter thro the posts
X

Hope you have a brilliant night Katie, and if, when it comes to it, you really don't want the carbs, there is nothing to say you have to have them!

Have a wonderful night, Katie and just enjoy it. Then make sure you've got your resolve head back on tomorrow and get straight back into it. I know you'll be able to, you've been super strong in every situation so far.

Thanks Bren - it's a tasting menu so fixed price and was all my idea (before i'd even thought of atkins)! Still i will try to skip bread and dream that i might be too full before the chocolate dessert - what do you rekon?

You'll be fine Katie, I bet you have a blast! :)

As Bren says, you don't have to have carbs, but if you do, enjoy them as a one off treat, then get back to your favourite way of eating tomorrow :)

Blurgle - my head hurts! But it was worth it :D

Will post once I can get out of bed.....

Come on, details please! Was it amazing? I've always wanted to try a fancy tasting menu but can be so picky with food I'd worry I wouldn't like half of it!

Right I had better catch up on myself & the weekend.

First of all Saturday - the restaurant and dinner were amazing and we had to sell the family jewels to pay for it :) I've no idea how many carbs consumed & not planning to count......I did choose not to eat the bread sticks and the cheese crackers because they were unneccesary but really enjoyed everything else including the chocolate pud. Luckily tasting menus have small servings of everything. Unluckily the wine tasting menu plus an extra drink before & after was a bit more than I have been used to drinking recently!

Anyhow Sat food:
B Bacon & eggs
L chicken caesar salad
D amazing dinner.

Rosebug here's the menu with "specially selected wines" - clearly not Atkins friendly lol!

Chargrilled Wild Scallops, Jerusalem Artichoke & Winter Truffle
Sauvignon Blanc, ‘Tuatara Bay’ Saint Clair 2009 Marlborough, New Zealand

Pan Fried Duck Foie Gras & Stuffed Chicken Wing, Pain d’épices & Roasted Hazelnuts, Poached Quince
Riesling Kabinett, ‘Bernkasteler Badstube’, Dr Thanisch 2007 Mosel, Germany

Slow Cooked Fillet of Cornish Cod, Ricotta Cheese & Chive Glaze
Mashed Potato with Grilled Peanuts, Oak Smoked Haddock
Chardonnay ‘234’, Enate 2009 Somontano, Spain

Treacle Caramelised Breast of Gressingham Duck, Roasted Red Plums, Endive Meuniere, Ruby Port Sauce
Graves, Château Mouras 2006, Bordeaux, France

Cheese, Walnut & Raisin Rye Flour Bread Biscuits, Quince Jelly
Barros Late Bottled Vintage Port 2005 - Duoro Valley, Portugal

Valrhona Chocolate & Griottine Fondant
Griottine Cherry Sorbet
Pedro Ximenez ‘San Emilio’ Emilio Lustau, Jerez, Spain

W some
E none
A oh yes!
:D:D:D

OMG I would sell my mother for that dinner Katie!

Totally understand your slippage last night now. ;)

Now catching up on Sunday so:

hangover so needed water & tea, finally helped properly by
B bacon & eggs, followed fairly promptly thereafter by
L sausages (& bits of burnt hair!), grilled mushrooms, salad, splodge 1 carb ketchup
T 2 burgers and avocado & red cabbage
S at least 4 mini pepperamis, 2 more sausages, some parmesan & I'm still hungry

I'm assuming that the hunger is because of last nights carbs so gulping tons of water & sticking to legal snacks.

Then had to go out for my dance show this evening (went well & I didnt forget the routine - phew). Now back, trying to get DD to bed late & I'm still hungry!

W lots
E 30 mins dancing
A one spritzer (once finished as a celebration)

Anyhow, WI tomorrow will be interesting - I will be happy with STS.

Night all
xxx

OMG I would sell my mother for that dinner Katie!

Totally understand your slippage last night now. ;)

Hmm - perhaps if I sold her along with the family jewels it would cover it??? :D:D:D

Oh gosh that dinner sounds amaaaaazing. One day when I'm not a poor student I'm going to... force someone else to pay to take me for something like that!

And I'm always hungry the next day if my carbs have been a little high. Filling up on the legal stuff is good, you'll be back into ketosis in no time at all.

Morning Katie, that's some menu love. :D

Back