Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Hi Katie, as busy as ever I see.

Hello lovely people, thanks for keeping my diary warm:)

And i thought i was busy a week ago - ha!
Complete madness, too many deadlines, too many meetings and not sleeping well due to stress

Upsides - weight stable and taking time for lunch with a friend now and then a dance class:D

I will survive, hope to deliver all the necessary and will be xmas hols sooner than believable!

Xx

Hello everyone :wavey:

Just checking in to wish you all a happy new year:D

We having a lovely relatively low carb hols but with plenty of extra goodies and tons of vino;). Planning to catch up with everyone over coming week of hols and then come join in for a little refresh and control once holidays are over. Really must get minimins installed on my new ipad mini!

See you all soon
Xxxx

LOL love the casual dropping in to the conversation of a new toy :D

HNY Katie and look forward to seeing you back here! Another exciting year for you, I bet, with the charity and everything else. How did you get on with the weebly site? I came to a grinding halt, I'm afraid...

LOL love the casual dropping in to the conversation of a new toy :D

HNY Katie and look forward to seeing you back here! Another exciting year for you, I bet, with the charity and everything else. How did you get on with the weebly site? I came to a grinding halt, I'm afraid...

Hi Susie - you noticed:) love my new toy!

My weebly site looking good and I'm adding a few new favourites as I go. If anyone wants some extra recipe ideas feel free to take a look at:
Lowcarb Kat1e - Home

Evening All!

I thought I would celebrate my 2nd anniversary with Atkins by throwing a party for all my minimins friends:D
:thankyou::thankyouthankyou::banana dancer::party0011::woohoo::wee:
:party0023::party0023::party0023::party0023::party0023:
:party0019::party0038::bananalove:

Thank you for all being here and helping me along an unbelievable journey. When I look back at my first post (Jan 3rd 2011), my only hope was to be slightly less obese and uncomfortable - I never thought I would get to be a normal sort of size!

In January last year (2012) I hit a goal that I never dreamed of - and yet this year has been even better for me:) I focused on fitness, I toned up and I discovered that low carb eating was going to be my lifestyle forever! A big milestone for me was giving up tracking carbs & cals mid year - suddenly food was something lovely to eat when hungry but not obsess over. That has been a delight to learn while still maintaining.

What does that mean now? I have discovered that I can easily maintain around a set point of "about 12 stone". If I eat well and exercise it's 11.75, if I slob around and drink wine it's 12.25. I've tried cheating a bit - all I do is get horrible pains in my tummy, feel lethargic or starving. Luckily this seems to be training my taste buds well!

Next steps - over the last 6 months I've obviously lost something on my legs as all my 16 trousers too big and look stupid! But 14s are still a bit tight round the tummy. So plan is to see if I can shift my set point down by half a stone. I don't actually care about the weight but do want to have trousers to wear. Also I discovered an old diet book (from 88!) where I was 11 stone - I have no intention of being that skinny so 11.5 seems reasonable:D

Once DD goes back to school next tuesday (8th) then dancing restarts and I will have to stop drinking on school nights. Let's see what that does - not planning to get too serious unless necessary!

Thanks again all for holding my hand - looking forward to spending time with you here in Minimins in 2013
best wishes
Katie
xxxx

Katie, that's quite inspirational. I'm so glad you've found your woe - it's the same as mine! I love low carbing, it's absolutely right for me and I find myself feeling smug sometimes that I know a 'secret' that others don't (in my mind anyway!).
Have a really happy & successful 2013. x

Happy New Year and Happy Atkinsversary, Katie! :D

It's wonderful to see someone making this way of eating work for them long term - gives the rest of us hope!

Keep doing what you're doing xxx

Happy Sunday lovely people:)

Had a lovely Japanese lunch out with my parents on Friday - love sashimi and particularly enjoyed the rice as I have it so rarely. Unfortunately remembered why yesterday and today - feel rather bloated! Anyhow, last wine tonight and just finished the SF chocs - so time for a little clean and green I think;)

Have a great weekend
Xx

Katie your a truly lovely person and a very determined lady mwa xxx. I love your diary xx.

Evening all - finally back to the gym for the first time in weeks - could hear everything creaking;). Also first night off the wine...and DH is already suggesting to morrow would be a better start date:D. Must be strong....!

Back