Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

how did you cope without the wine? :cry:
My hubby came off the wagon at the weekend, went off to aldi for beer and came back with kettlebells for me! :D at least hes encouraging me and i didnt touch a drop!!

Hi Katie, I've been on Atkins for so long I can barely remember a life before it. LOL.

Howdy all:).

All well this end -
Enjoying the sleep now I'm off the vino - always notice an improvement!
Back to dancing and gym today about 2 hours and starting to feel much better. First zumba of the year tomorrow and really cant wait:)
Enjoying usual lowcarb eating - including lc wraps and cold saussies as been out round lumchtime a lot. Not expecting big/any loss particularly as wasn't carbed up but hoping to continue to get rid of that extra wobble that xmas seems to have left behind;)

If only I could get my emails etc under control...then all would be fabulous in the world! Hope it is for you xx

Hi Katie, I've been on Atkins for so long I can barely remember a life before it. LOL.

Hi Jim - hopefully for me too one day...:D still peeved that it took me so many years to find!

Oh....2 years, I hope I can say that sometime.

Sending hugs to Katie! Hope you're winning - certainly looks like it! Xx

Morning all:)

Well first official weigh in of the year yesterday at 77.8 which is probably 1-2 pounds down from highest after 4 days of focus.

What does focus mean for me:
Well no wine on weekdays - this is probably a really critical one as it's amazing how it adds up when you have it everyday and you can tolerate more too
No more sugar free choccies and sf biscuits til i'm back where i want to be - again get used to having these everyday:(
Dropped the evening berries & cream in favour of some cheese (we have an early dinner about 6.30 and then snack about 9.30)
Stopped having as many mini marmite cheddars as i could stuff in as snacks during the day, Added back pork crackling as snack instead
Paid attention and cut down on quantity of nuts eating
Not choosing the carbier recipes eg tomato sauce
Not going out lots and having"a few bites" of hubby's dessert:)
Back to dancing and gym - actually just feel physically much better!

Seems to be working so far and i'm aiming to be back at my lowest (75.6) by end jan. Decided i couldn't be bothered to track on mfp - dont want to go back there!

Once I'm back to lowest then will see how i feel to try to reset maintenance mid point from 12 to 11.5 stone

Sorry for a bit of a ramble - wanted to capture the plan here so i can use the info next year:D

Hi Katie the plan sounds good, love your enthusiasm for the gym and dancing. My gym fairy has yet to come. Hope you have a lovely day x

Morning all:)

Feeling a bit slow this morning as had too much white wine yesterday and then didn't sleep well. In my defence - I was at my SIL baby shower - meal served at 3pm was pizza, pasta, garlic bread & bruschetta plus cup cakes! Luckily there was a tiny bowl of salad so I ate that. Also not unexpected so I had lunch before and dinner after. Benefit of hind sight though is that I didn't have anything to soak up the wine...

Hey HO - scales ok today but think it's dehydration lol:)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Morning well done on resisting, I am testing to keep off the wine til end of the month..eek

Afternoon
well done on resisting all the party stuff, I would have been tested!
I think we should revive the old thread "no drinking on a school night" it might help us winos keep on track :D
Have a good day x

Hello lovely people. Sorry not on much but minimins apps on ipad no longer works properly and makes it difficult to read threads and almost impossible to post:(

Lost all my hol weight 10 days ago wi (-5lb) and think sts on friday (didnt weigh properly). Now just pottering along as usual to see if my set point is budgeable downwards.

Not too worried - but do need some new trousers as mostly too baggy (16s) or too tight (14s)!

For those newbies - this is a wonderful lifestyle and yes you can do it long term and feel really really good:)
Off to zumba now - have a great day:D
Xxxx

Hiya Katie :wavey: I've given up on the app now and just use Safari with it bookmarked to the screen - I'm sure there's a more technical term for that lol. Well done on losing the holiday weight. Enjoy Zumba xx

Hi good to see you back and well done on the 5lbs.
Im on ipad and don't have a problem with the app, ahhh just realised I don't use the app just use safari, I think it's called that :confused: x

Back