Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Morning all, back from half term - lovely break altho a bit chilly last week.
Up to 83kg following lots of wine, dark chocolate & no exercise so will get focused again now....!

Hi Hun!! I'm still on plan :)

I just wanted to ask a question. I'm doing the plan by following the book. I've not even had a Diet Coke. So I've had to limit cheese and cream during induction. After induction finishes I'm upping my carbs to 25g by adding extra veg. Do I still have to limit the cream and cheese?

The only reason I ask is because I've seen a Atkins cheesecake recipe that I want to try lol

Hi Sarah, happy to help. I've never really limited the cream & cheese as im most sensitive to carbs. The real issue is that people go mad, eat lots without listening to appetite and rack up the calories. Atkins never said calories don't count just not to count them!!

So if you want give it go with cream & cheese do so. Ideally only change one things at a time as you are experimenting. So maybe up cream & cheese but leave carbs at 20?

Generally avoid sweeteners at all cost - they stall many and don't give your tastebuds a chance to change. See my recipe webpage for a few ideas:)

Just to say, I'm still here, still low carb, still paying attention....and back to 81.5. while its summer there seem to be more evening opportunities. Off out to drink champagne shortly.....;)

And bizarrely down to 80 this morning. Either dehydration due to extra glass of wine last night (oops) or just monthly cycle in my favour! A good reason not to get too attached to the scales:)

Ps
Sat in canteen on south bank about to eat large piece of roast chicken - love living low carb!

Hey Katie ;) How are you getting on? Still pretty quiet around here isn't it.

Morning all,looking forward to Zumba and then a fairly lazy day working from home. Have got a big workshop to run tomorrow so nice to have time to get prepared!

After yesterday's rain, sun came out and hubby suggested the pub - duck in mustard sauce with couple of glasses of vino on the side. Not planned but very tasty!!:)

And now the sun is back is time to plan lots of yummy bbq food.....

BBQ's are very handy for us aren't they, lots of meat Enjoy zumba

Howdy folks, thought I would check in before sugar/carb silly season starts!

I'm ok this end and still living the low carb life. Sitting at 82kg post summer & couldn't be bothered to lose the extra 2 as lots of other personal stresses at the moment with elderly parents and DD

What is an ongoing low carb life like - well I don't eat any grains as they don't agree with me. I happily eat any green veg and some root veg. I eat potatoes when necessary - mostly when I can't afford enough meat in a restaurant!

Currently treating myself to one nakd bar a day plus I like my red wine & dark choc- so probably average about 40-60g carbs a day

I am also still dancing 4/5 times a week which feels great and keeps me happy

I really feel that living this way just suits me & happy to help if anyone struggling. I eat out, have takeaways generally enjoy food - life is good

I know Xmas will stick some kg on but also know that its straightforward (not easy!) to get back on an even keel afterwards.
See you soon xx

Love your down to earth approach to it, Katie - and WTG on your 5 year + Atkinsversary! :)

Dark choc is my go to for a sweet hit to, luckily I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

Hope the family dramas stay low key over the Christmas period for you xxx

Afternoon all, just checking in to say hello. Been out to the local christmas fair & managed to avoid all the (sugary!) mulled wine - well done me:)

Otherwise much of a muchness - only 10 more days until school hols & we are all looking forward to a break. Slightly in the christmas mood but trying to avoid crowds!

Food ok-ish but probably drinking more than we should - also noticing caffeine might be impacting sleep. The problem is de-caf earl grey tea is rubbish & I dont like all the funny flavours....

Anyhow, onwards & forwards xx

Let’s see- an update
I’m alive.
I need to lose 10kg or buy new trousers.....
Tend to live without much sugar and can’t eat gluten, grains or rapeseed oil
Dance 6x a week
Wine & dark chocolate my vices
Xx

Back