Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Evening all :D
Another lazy afternoon! Trying to think if i actually achieved anything.....oh yes rang two friends for a natter! oh and made my first crustless quiche - that was yummy and easy. Can see this will be a regular addition to the menu:)

Anyhow, a good food day -
B bacon and eggs
L crustless quiche, marinated anchovies, chorizo, salad
D tuna steak marinated in soy, cauli mash, courgette
S 2 mini pepperami, think we have some cheesecake left if i get nibbly later

W lots
E errr - trying on clothes?
A 1 glass of red

Xx

Katie your daughter is very close in age to mine - aren't they fab at this stage? Love that constant chatter just for the sake of it!

Well done on your huge loss this week, even while on holiday - that takes some doing. :)

Ooh what was in your quiche? I make a sort-of one with salmon and watercress and creme fraiche.

Have a lovely Sunday xx

Waterworks said:
Katie your daughter is very close in age to mine - aren't they fab at this stage? Love that constant chatter just for the sake of it!

Well done on your huge loss this week, even while on holiday - that takes some doing. :)

Morning ww, yes fab except when they are being stubborn ;)
Have decided that self catering hols even if you go out a lot, it's pretty easy to stay legal. Just booked apart hotel for madrid long weekend end april and deliberately not signed up for the breakfast - the piccys showed donuts, croissants, danish :eek: - there might have been some meat/cheese in there but it was swamped :D

rosebug said:
Ooh what was in your quiche? I make a sort-of one with salmon and watercress and creme fraiche.

Have a lovely Sunday xx

Morning RB,
Tried it with ham, cheese and spinach and was delish. But that sounds like a great idea with the salmon.......goes to add it to ideas list :)
Xxxx

Good question! :D. I am dreaming of 20+ and sunshine. But last time we went around easter it snowed on us in central madrid :eek:
I think that was early april tho and this is right at end so hopefully should be better. We are visiting our ex-aupair who lives there - always nice to have friends to show you best non-tourist spots:)

Snow! I'm not usually someone for hot places but I've been so constantly cold for some reason since last September or so that I'd be willing to take a trip up a volcano just to feel warm right now. I hope you get lots of sunshiny days for it xx

I went to Madrid in August many years ago with my sister, and we spent the whole week wondering why everybody disappeared in the middle of the day while we were walking around - in high 30s temperatures. :eek: It's a lovely city. Great shopping too Katie - have you been before?

We're just starting to look at time off around Easter to see if we could get away somewhere too. Might be a bit closer to home though.

Me too Madrid sounds fab feeling the warm sun on my skin and warm breeze on my face ooohhhhhhhhh!! Me wants a holiday toooooo xxx

Evening all :D
Another lazy afternoon! Trying to think if i actually achieved anything.....oh yes rang two friends for a natter! oh and made my first crustless quiche - that was yummy and easy. Can see this will be a regular addition to the menu:)

Anyhow, a good food day -
B bacon and eggs
L crustless quiche, marinated anchovies, chorizo, salad
D tuna steak marinated in soy, cauli mash, courgette
S 2 mini pepperami, think we have some cheesecake left if i get nibbly later

W lots
E errr - trying on clothes?
A 1 glass of red

Xx
Hi Katie,
Your quiche sounds lush, how did you make it?
I feel quite guilty today as the forecasted rain never came and I did nothing but the washing and play on the laptop, never mind nearly dinner o clock.
Have a nice evening.
x
:crazy:

Good question! :D. I am dreaming of 20+ and sunshine. But last time we went around easter it snowed on us in central madrid :eek:
I think that was early april tho and this is right at end so hopefully should be better. We are visiting our ex-aupair who lives there - always nice to have friends to show you best non-tourist spots:)
I drove through madrid years ago in my landrover while on a road trip through france on route to the costa del sol,it was mental as i had to get across the motorway(at least 5 lanes) to get off onto a slip road on the opposite side from what you would have expected.
I had such a laugh and would do it again in a heart beat.

Hi kat1e:) Hope you have had a good weekend!

Evening all. Well it's the end of hols tonight and back to work tomorrow which always makes me kindda grumpy :( However, just back from nice dinner out at local italian so cant complain too much ;)

Nice day - sent mum home with a bunch of shirts and trous i was getting rid of so that feels good. DD went out to a play date at 11 and didnt come back til almost 5 - very relaxing and polished off my last holiday book :D

So food today
B eggs and smoked salmon
L bbq chicken, moz & avo salad, green salad, dh mega cheesecake with sf jelly
D spicy sausage, steak, salad
S 2 mini peppermis, bit of flax cracker with avo

W lots
E no - dance classes restart tomorrow!
A half a bottle red - week nights off restart tomorrow!

Wi tomorrow - hope the whoosh fairy is still around :D
Xx

Ok wi this morning 0.3 kg off approx 0.5lb - ok that's barely in the accuracy of the scales but i'm still going to be positive given a 5 day boozy week :)

This week - back to work (boo), dance classes(hooray) and no drinking on school nights! :D

Xx

Last edited:
Yup it will just be the booze demanding to be burned off before your body goes back to using fats. Hopefully a good woosh of a week when it catches up <3

Back