Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Urgh- bit of a disasterous evening. Went along to my dance class and the room had been painted recently. Altho we opened the door for fresh air after 15 mins was feeling really sick and faint (i'm not good with chemicals!). Was going to leave but we moved into next door squash court to finish the class. Another girl gave me a lift home but I'm still feeling sick and headachey an hour later - not the feeling one wants after exercise. Grumpy and miz now:(

Morning Katie, I hope your head has cleared by now

Just popping in to say hello! We have a full weekend of rugby don't we-nowhere to hide!
At one time I belonged to Amida and they had an overhaul and there were loads of complaints about people feeling sick with the paint and chemical fumes. Hope you feel better today.x

Why would anyone want to hide from Rugby :)

ah, but I'd put up with that for the honour of living in gods little acre Sarah :)

OK Jim! I'll count my blessings! I do have one very big advantage living within a stone's throw of the stadium and that is that I can apply through the local resident's ballot to get tickets to see the big internationals and concerts. So far I have seen France, Canada Argentina, South Africa and Australia play England. Also saw Rod Stewart, Sting, Rolling Stones, Help for Heroes concert all at a reduced price. Ok! I love living near Twick Stadium! Just don't ask me tomorrow when I can't get my car into my road as the police have blocked it off!x

Afternoon Katie, damn and blast on the paint fumes, it makes me feel sick too.

You look amazing in your dress, such a difference in the 2 photos!!!! Well done you xx

Oh and very belated birthday greetings xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Howdy all - been a bit awol. Kids and holidays getting in the way. We came down to isle of wight on friday so at least i missed the rugby weekend and traffic! :D

Got friends staying with us and they have 3 kids so we have 4 at 2.5,7,7,8 yrs old- they didn't sleep till 11.30 last night - all too excited:eek:

That does of course mean that drinking is involved but i am planning to stay legal on the food......except for the planned afternoon tea monday afternoon as part of the spa package:D

Oh yes, friday WI was sts which was not unexpected (given tomatoes) but slightly disappointing. But totm just started too so hopefully there might of been a bit of water there. Obviously this week probably a sts too- seems to be remarkably difficult to hit this next mini goal!

Thanks bren - for me it is really helping my confidence even if a long way to go to get to a "healthy" bmi
Xxxxx

Sarahelizabeth said:
OK Jim! I'll count my blessings! I do have one very big advantage living within a stone's throw of the stadium and that is that I can apply through the local resident's ballot to get tickets to see the big internationals and concerts. So far I have seen France, Canada Argentina, South Africa and Australia play England. Also saw Rod Stewart, Sting, Rolling Stones, Help for Heroes concert all at a reduced price. Ok! I love living near Twick Stadium! Just don't ask me tomorrow when I can't get my car into my road as the police have blocked it off!x

Hi sarah - glad you can make the most of the benefits ;)

Morning Katie,

Hey Sarah, want to swap houses LOL

Evening all:D

Just back from the spa - enjoyed the "afternoon delight" package with my friend. We sat around in the pool (well hot jacuzzi) for 30 mins, then a treatment (i had lovely back massage) then off to the restaurant for afternoon tea. This was obviously not atkins legal but a planned treat - egg and ham sandwiches followed by scone with butter and jam. Sandwiches were great - my first real bread in 5 months! Scone was pleasant enough but i definitely don't need or miss it. Useful insight:)

A lovely afternoon choosing to step off the wagon but extra strict all the rest of the day and gluggling water to make sure i flush it through fast!

It sounds like you had a fabulous spa day!.. what a treat.. Isn't it funny that the carbs we really want don't really taste as great as our memories recall!?!... It's great that you planned what you were going to have and stuck to it rather than seeing it as a green light to go nuts.. Well done you!... Inspiring!!..

Well done hun - for planning it and then analysing it. Funny ain't it, I love pizza more than life itself - or at least, I used to - last time I blew out and ordered one, it was like cardboard. The tricky bit is communicating that to the brain which then speaks to the hand and says "Put it down". :rolleyes::D

Morning Katie :)

Back