Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Good luck! What I would give for a nice cheeky glass of red! Enjoy your last day off tomorrow xxx

Happy New Year Katie - and many congrats on such fabulous maintenance! So glad we've been there to see all the amazing changes in you :)

Good luck for NMV and a fresh start on Tuesday! xxx

Happy New year, 3 years...Wow. good luck with clean and green, giving up the wine is always the hardest, I have decided to give up having any wine at home for the rest of the month, starting today.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Howdy all:). Last day of hols but have pottered through some of my email and done a quick call so it's starting up!

On the food front - we were too lazy to heat up our prepared bol sauce last night so had duck takeaway instead! Upside is bol and cabbage set for tonight plus last drop of vino. Just doing a tesco order to stock up on nice low carb ideas.

Plan this week is to test making cabbage rolls (meat inside) to see if they would make a good sandwich substitute when i'm out and about. The last "frakenfood" we are using are mama lupe tortilla wraps - i dont notice particular problems but they are wheat which i'm sensitive too plus they last ages - makes me worry what preservatives they have been steeped in:eek:

Any suggestions for cold easy handle lunches always appreciated:)

Edit- look what i just found - looks yummy:)
http://theprimalparent.com/2012/06/14/red-bell-pepper-sandwich/

Last edited:
Morning all - right official dmage weigh in is 81.5 kg so approx 4kg to lose. Not expecting big water loss as live low carb anyway- upside is unlikely to get atkins flu. As of today - NMV, off the nuts, better drop those SF choccies too:)

A little exercise might xome in handy too but feeling a bit lazy!

Have a great day :D

Hiya Katie, nice looking red pepper sandwich! good idea with cabbage leaves and mince. I sometimes used lettuce for wrap replacements, that any good? As i did each wrap (filled with whatever, cheese, chicken, beef, etc) I wrapped it in clingfilm (you could use greese proof too i guess) so even though it was messy when I got to eating it, it contained the mess.

Hope you're back on the wagon, was day 1 for me yesterday, onward and downward, hope you have a good day x

Hi CTT, yes thinking of trying lettuce but resisting because of mess likelihood! Must try and see what really happens- thanks

Yes on the wagon - for breakfast anyway:)

Morning all:)

Well day 1 NMV done and survived! Spent the day hungry and nibbling sausages so guess more carby-ness had crept in over hols than i had thought.

Off to first dance class of the year today and looking forward to getting moving too. If time will try experimenting with my cabbage rolls this afternoon

Have a good day
X

Morning!

The pepper sandwich is a great idea! I think it's a good plan not to get too reliant on the Mama Lupes, I found they gave me a gain every time.

Also loving the sound of the cabbage wraps, even though I can eat bread (shhh) if i want to, I'm trying to keep more veg in my diet - so cauli mash instead of potato, cauli rice instead of regular, courgetti and now cabbage rolls :D

And now got a low grade headache - definitely a sign that even my few carbs mattered :sigh: anyway off dancing shortly and glugging the water

Keep glugging

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just a quick checkin. Think i'm over any minor carb withdrawal as appetite much more maneageable today and no headache:)

Just back from belly dancing which was rather hard work - all those lazy holiday muscles!

Also a report on the cabbage rolls- good news they were delicious but not sure they are really worth the faff to make. Think i might just make meatloaf type thing with cabbage in it - mix up & stuff in oven. Let's see...

Toodleloo
X

Morning

Thanks for the report back on the cabbage rolls. I must admit I love the meatloaf with cabbage in it - even instead of cheese!:eek:

Back