Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

I love cabbage, mist find more ways of using it.....Will google tonight.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Evening all:)
Another nice low carb day with the rest of the cabbage rolls for lunch. Went to my usual dance class at lunchtime so feeling virtuous with 3 classes 3 days in a row - also feeling more energetic which shows it's worth getting moving.

I've been focusing on snacking on meat and (limited )cheese - amazing how much i want nuts so definitely something to continue to watch when i go back to them.
And finally it's friday night - DH is cooking sirloin steak with brocolli & celeriac chips plus some red wine for the weekend:D

In fact could be rather a crazy weekend here:
Tomorrow i have a charity meeting up in town but then have to rush back as friends to "tea" - afternoon of kids, cakes (not for me), drinks (yes for me), food (probably sausages).
But that's alright as we have BIL and family coming for lunch on sunday:D

Heyho- DH in charge of organising so i shall just enjoy...see you when ever i have time to pop on
X

Oh goody - just seen on another thread another idea for wrap/sandwich/bread substitute - use an omelette. That sounds fab and would be really easy to change size, shape thickness by pan/bowl. Might try that for my "sandwich" lunch tomorrow

I use egg wraps all the time and they work really well - great with spicy chicken or homemade kofte kebabs.

i've found if you thin the beaten egg down with a little water or soya milk you can get them quite thin and they work much better for wrapping.

Sometimes I also do it in the microwave in a square container and slice it in half to use it like bread

oooooo I think I now know what I'll be eating over the weekend - nom nom nom xx

Morning I have been dreaming of oopsies cos of this !

Oh goody - just seen on another thread another idea for wrap/sandwich/bread substitute - use an omelette. That sounds fab and would be really easy to change size, shape thickness by pan/bowl. Might try that for my "sandwich" lunch tomorrow

believe it or not M&S did a low carb wrap sandwich with omelettes years ago, don't anymore though. They were really good. Forgot all about that.

Sounds a busy weekend Katie, enjoy your wine and company. x

Thanks to Val I've just been checking out exercise stuff on You Tube - and there are loads of zumba classes! :D

Just in case you find you can't get to a class x

Evening all- just rushing out to catch train up to leamington as in all day meeting tomorrow; will catch up on diaries if i can get a signal!

This end:
Saturday weigh in after short week was 1 lb down which is ok as no carb water to lose
Rest of weekend involved much vino and plenty of legal food
Hope can get decent meals tonight/tomorrow - have packed lots of nuts as backup as i dont ever trust train sevices;)

Experiment of peppers for sandwich - they were too overwhelming in flavour even for salami & cheese so ended up with open sandwich (bit better) - but really do need to try omelette soln wheni have time to cook

See you later xx

Evening folks - sorry been awol but busy busy on work. Upside is expectation of income from the project:)

so spent mon night in leamington - hotel restaurant shut but even better was pointed to a nandos round the corner - on expenses:). Tuesday meeting day a bit trickier - no lunch provided so my colleague went out to supermarket - my lunch was salami slices, celery & cheddar! Then i had half an hour at reading station on the way home...discovered the m&s food so had a fab meal of prawns, calamari and salmon with mayo - who says atkins is difficult or boring?
Wed home but running. Thursday day trip back to leamington but packed food - salami & cheese wraps (no time to experiment) for lunch and sausages and eggs and mayo for tea on the train home. Finally today in meetings but had them at gym/club so meeting, salad bowl lunch (only 3.75 and few leaves, lots of protein;) ), dancing and another meeting

Phew - luckily DH cooked steak & brocolli & spinach for dinner - all washed down with some nice red vino

So...all good on the food front, a bit tired but enjoying life

Off to catch up on the rest
xx

I'm exhausted reading all your,comings and goings :).well done on being so good. That's the hardest when you are away from home

Morning folks - another busy week ahead so thought i would check in now.

Fun weekend altho more vino than planned- oops!

Sat morning weigh in at 80.5 so down 1kg in 2 weeks since started which is fine. Saturday DD had little singing concert which was lovely- but did have red wine and nibbles afterwards. Suspicious cocktail sausages and some little bits of chicken - more worried by unnecessary extra cals than carbs!

Sunday was fun- went to pick up my new toy car. It's a red & silver smart car and so cute. Very pleased as drove it home no problem even though i haven't driven for 9 years - but finally sick of waiting for the bus in the rain & DH sick of chauffering me around:D after an afternoon of DD throwing tantrums over her homework :eek: we had a lovely chinese takeaway of duck. Always my favourite on atkins but again scary cals if you log on mfp. Once you add the vino and the last few SF choccies, i was worried.....
Scales down to 80 today so we'll just go with the flow!

Have a great week all xxx

Oooh fab news on the car, it sounds gorgeous - pic please :) I love having my car, felt just like you - was so over waiting for buses in the cold and rain, and I love my Beetle now!

And well done on the losses x

Well done on the loss Katie. I've dropped my vino days down to 2 but want them down to 1. Managed to spill a massive amount of red on my pink and white dressing gown on Friay night but most came out in the wash lol.

Lisa you should have sucked the wine out !!!!! If I drink Friday it seems law to drink Saturday.

Back