Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Hi, you are still an inspiration....I have always wanted to hire a motor home, I wil look forward to hearing how you get on.

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all :wavey: Just checking in from our friends house and wifi! Reading your diaries on my phone but difficult to post so consider me here in spirit:) We have the motorhome and have spent one night on a campsite and now near Bicester. Off to Rugby to another friends tonight then on to Preston and then the lakes. Great to have our home on wheels and I'll try to check in sometime. Here's a piccy Oh yes - eating low carb as usual but too much wine - think I'm getting old given my slow start this morning. Or maybe it was the whiskey and 1am bedtime :eek: oops Xxx

Attachments

• image-1291520388.jpg
    image-1291520388.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 55
Morning folks, just a quick check in to say we are back from hols. The rented motorhome was fabulous and we had a wonderful time. We even saw the sun in both the lakes and wales - unheard of! :)

In terms of life, i was 79kg when we left and up to 81kg after 2.5 weeks. This is as expected and shows why i have to stay focused on maintenance! So what did i have: basically ate low carb but didnt track. Lots of vino every day. 2 squares dark choccie many evenings. The odd chip. No exercise.

So back to normal routine tracking food (makes me more mindful especially with nuts and cheese) and making sure i go dancing regularly. Also no wine mon-thu as its amazing as those empty but yummy calories add up!

Did test my self by having 2 halfs of hot cross bun over 2 days - all i got for my troubles was tummy ache and having to run to the loo a lot :eek:

Life crazy busy - catching up on work is always a pain after hols. This weekend i'm off on a powerboat course for 2 solid days as need a specific certicate. Hope it isnt cold and wet....

Hope all well - will potter around diaries soon
Xxx

Morning Katie,

glad to see you back and hear that you enjoyed your holiday :)

weight gains are to be expected when we have a life and don't track, it's not a huge amount though so you couldn't have over done it too much. Still annoying having to rid pounds you'd already ridden iykwim.

you never know but because you've had a wee break from strict maintenance you could whoosh those pounds away when going back :)

Sounds like an ideal family holiday Katie and sun too! Would love to have a motorhome. Think it's great you kept to a plan but didn't count-the perfect way to enjoy holiday without the pressure- we have to enjoy our time off.

Always found hot cross buns to be so gooey and doughy. Great when eating but sets like lead in the stomach.

Wow powerboat course, sounds intense. Good luck. X

Morning all:).

Well off on a long weekend with hubby - DD with grandparents for 2 whole nights - sad that we are so excited:)

Anyway, currently writing this from amazing sunny apartment in oxford - met my friend last week who had used airbnb, recommended it and decided to give it ago. Amazing - we've got whole apt for less than price of normal hotel double room! Meant we had lunch when we arrived yesterday, made our own yummy dinner and then breakfast this morning. So good food and saving the pounds. Lucky really as now out for lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch! Very excited as meeting my best friend from uni in Stratford and going to a murder weekend event. Should be a blast plus we have a fancy dress dinner tonight. Hope no one gets killed....lol

2 weeks since the easter hols and dropped one of the kg gained so back down to 80kg. Aiming to sneak down 1 kg more before half term....in fact that is my maintenance life. Be 78/79 before 1 or 2 week holiday break and then get focused on return. Just to be clear - i never go crazy because: it hurts my tum (grains/carbs), makes my skin break out (grains), tastes too sweet (sugar) etc

Anyway, hope everyone enjoying their low carb variation lifestyle - perfect now summer & sunshine here. BBQs and salads are great
Xxxx

Hi Katie nice to 'see ' you. Weekend sounds perfect enjoy !!!

A murder mystery sounds like so much fun! I've done it once and it was a fun way to spend an evening. Enjoy! :)

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend x

Hi all, hope all going well:). Had a lovely weekend and really enjoyed the murder! Well actually all 3 :eek: managed to figure out 1 of the 3 but otherwise was completely lost lol.

Back to normal life and food now - enjoying dancing too x

Hi There, oxford weekend sounds great, we were there over Easter, such a lovely city.

Morning Katie, don't know how you manage to lose weight on so many trips away, you lucky girl. I've always wanted to go and do a murder mystery thing...I miss out on so much life having all these dogs and no sitter but can't have it both ways. Sounds like you've had an amazing time and well done on saying bye to the kg :)

Howdy all:) enjoying the sunshine now - hope it stays for a while! Panicking slightly as i've got a bellydance halfa (show) on saturday - got 2 dances cracked but keep forgetting the routine for number 3:eek: fun bit is the dressing up in glitzy, glittery costumes :D and yes i do show a bit of skin just to remind myself how far i've come!

Food all as normal and enjoying my usual classes. Had an urge and went to my first zumba class for ages on tuesday - was a blast so i must do more (how to fit it all in!) Weight hovering at 80 so just need to focus during the week so i can get down to 79 (which allows weekend excesses) See you later xxx

Back