Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

Week 4, Day 25

FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS day all round yesterday!

I had a great night out, had a few drinks and felt tip top!

I am enjoying feeling level headed about eating this week but do not take for granted that I will likely have more wobbles along the way! :)

I have a few new pics in my album which Rik took last night just before we went out.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

To be continued....

Kat xx

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed the evening Kat. Lots more of that to come for all of us. That's what we've all got to look forward to. Night's out, looking good, feeling good, and feeling in control with our adult heads on....bring it on...:D

Oh yes!!

Kat xx ;)

Glad you enjoyed the evening Kat. Lots more of that to come for all of us. That's what we've all got to look forward to. Night's out, looking good, feeling good, and feeling in control with our adult heads on....bring it on...:D

Week 4, Day 26

Well I have been having a fabulous weekend!

We have pretty much finished our Christmas shopping. We also have a load of birthdays in December - I have done all those too!

I spent the afternoon watching a Christmas movie and wrapping Rik's family pressies as his Mum & Dad are coming for the weekend next week and they will take them all back and play Father Crimblepants for us!

We also bought a Christmas tree and all the decs we want for our home to make it all Christmasy and homely which I am very excited about as we have not had Christmas at "our" home yet!

We have also arranged for two of my sisters & 2 of my bro in laws to come for Christmas eve festivities! (one of my sisters & bro in law are staying the whole time)

I cooked the ratatouille from the week 1-4 book tonight and the only thing I did differently was add 1 leek, 6 mushrooms, a tsp more of tabasco and a huge sprinkling of coarse ground black pepper, I did add the tsp of dried herbs but also a good amount of fresh basil too! I have to say, it was DIVINE!

It says it serves 2-3 people but I split it into 5 portions. I took one and added 6 italian style quorn balls and served it up with some asparagus and I soooooooooooo enjoyed it!

I just want to work out the calories for the ratatouille.

Still in avery good place in my head. Still loving all the compliments and comments about "me".

Have a goodun folks :)

Kat xx

Last edited:
Wow Kat,

Sounds like a great day. I read through a lot of your RTM postings, too. You sound very organised and committed. I am going to take a lot of what you said about planning, not letting yourself get too hungry, etc. on board. it is very solid advice.

We are trying to get into the Christmas mode, too.

MM

Thank you Mel, it is good to know your journey and experiences can be useful to others :)

Kat xx

Week 4, Day 27

Up early and started my day with a skinny latte. Off to London today! I have a small tub of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and a dollop of stewed rhubarb to have with a 200g tub of 0% Tesco Greek Yoghurt!

I have also taken an apple for mid morning and will have a vanilla shake when I am there. Have chucked a satsuma & a plum in my bag in case I need a nibble on the way home as I don't get in until 2130 tonight and now I am experiencing hunger I may feel it today!

Have a good day folks!

To be continued....

Kat xx

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan. I hope you have a great day in the Big City.

MM

Last edited:
such disgusting weather today :( rain rain go away come back another day :D
how you lovely ladies doing today

Week 4, Day 27 continued...

Well blood hell! What a day!

Great journey to London, great day, got away on time - 1600! Got home just before 2300!! HORRENDOUS journey due to Didcot Parkway blackout which delayed many and cancelled many other trains! I am shattered! Could only get as far as Swindon and Rik picked me up thank fully!

I ate alot of fruit today as I had nothing else with me as I was not expecting such a hugely delayed journey! I had been to M&S and got cherries, raspberries, grapes & blueberries!

I am wide awake but tired, if that makes sense!

Kat xx

Last edited:
Poor you babe, nothing worse than delays in travel, I know that exhausted wide awake feeling, it is how I feel when I get back from events at night, as tired as I am it takes me hours to wind down!

Jez
xx

Sorry Kat,

I hope that today was a better day.

MM

much better, but very tiring, more tomorrow!

Kat xx

Ps: I stayed the same :)

Hey Kat,

Hump Day (as the American's call it... if you make it through today you are over the hump and on your way to the weekend)! The weather is supposed to be a bit warmer, so let's hope that's a sign for a better day!

MM

Week 5, Day 29

Still enjoying my peanut bar warm & crumbled on top of fromage frais and fruit for breakfast along with my skinny latte.

I had ham & cottage cheese for lunch with some salad which was good but I want warm food now so going to create in the kitchen! Roasted veggies, soups, veg curries etc...

Dinner was a sweet potato jacket with salad & prawns in thousand island dressing.

New things tried today:

beetroot
carrot
sweet potato

My water/soda water intake has dropped massively. I must make sure I continue to have my water!

Last edited:
Week 5, Day 30

Started the day with my usual breakfast. Feeling very tired as worked some long hours this week so came home at 1000 to work here.

Had prepared a prawn salad to take to work but going to have that tomorrow and make some roasted root veggie soup which I will put some quorn chicken style pieces in to make it chunky. Wanting warmth in my belly today. Must be because I am tired that I want that cosy feeling. Actually having just typed that I am really pleased! I just realised that my tired, irritable feeling is not making me want to eat crap but making me want good, warm vegetables!

Right, on that note, I am heading of to the kitchen to create!

More later....

Well it is later, so here goes....

I roasted some red pepper, garlic cloves, red onion, mange tout, vine tomatoes and shitake mushrooms with some one cal spray and mixed herbs. I cooked off some white onions, leeks and celery then added 1 litre of marigold stock. I then added the roasted veggies and some chicken style quorn. Once done I blended two 3rds of it then mixed it all together and served a portion with a dollop of from frais on top!

YUM!!

For dinner I made beef (had soaked it in a lil red wine) & chesnut mushroom casserole in a moroccan style cinnamon and sundried tomato sauce.

I served it with some roasted some carrot, butternut squash, swede, sweet potato and parsnip with some mixed herbs and coarse black pepper and sweetcorn.

Another YUM!

I have enjoyed the warm food today and the great mix of vegetables!

Kat xx

Last edited:
Week 5, Day 31

I overate last night! I had an extra peanut bar having already had one for breakfast. I had it with some fruit & yoghurt which was also extra! It was interesting as I questioned myself at the time I was about to have it and made the decision that I still wanted it so did.

Anyway, onto today.

Favourite breakfast had today! Of all my "morning" concoctions my favourite is raspberries with 0% greek yoghurt and warm crumbled peanut bar on top with a skinny latte.

Lunch was a prawn salad followed by some greek yoghurt and a sf jelly. My friend bought me back a small diet coke from Macdonalds today - YUK too sweet!

Rik's parents are coming to stay for the weekend. They will be with us by 1430, he is home. I will get home about 1700.

I am cooking for us all tonight. I am doing spicy mince topped with chillis/fromage frais. They are having it with pitta breads, I am having mine with salad or brocoli. Dessert is meringue with natural yoghurt and raspberries/kiwi - I will have it without the meringue.

We also have wine in :)

I have not seen the in laws since June so will be a nice shock for them!

Looking forward to a good night!

I am doing them cooked breakfast tomorrow, making mince pies in the afternoon and I am doing a meal tomorrow night too! It is all go but I love doing it.

Won't be on much for the next few days so will catch up on day 33 :)

Ciao for now and have a good weekend readers :)

Kat xx

Last edited:
Sounds delish kat

or maybe day 34 ;)

Week 5, Day 34

Well Monday morning and I am off to London today but fortunately Rik is taking me this week as he has the day off. It makes my"long" day 1100-1800ish rather than 0730-2130 onwards as last week was stupid late!

I have had raspberries, kiwi & plum with 100g of fat free fromage frais this morning, I topped it with a sprinkling of sunrise orange fruit flavouring and cinnamon - lovely!

I have weaned myself away from the peanut bars for the time being! Next week I plan to try some sultanas/currants/nuts instead and see how I go with those.

I do not need to get packs this week as I have plenty but I will be going along to swop some for a more preferred choice. I do tend to just have 1 a day rather than 2 and LLC is fine with this. In fact, I just realised I didn't have one at all yesterday.

Well today, for lunch, I have quorn & salad to take with me. I also have an apple & clementine if I need them.

Have a good day lovelies, back later.

Kat xx

Back