Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

im loving clementines they really do keep you going :D

Week 6, Day 41

Well, I have lost a week due to being in hospital :(

I didn't eat anything for 4 days but was on saline/potassium IV fluids. When the DR said he wanted me to start eating foods, in particular starchy foods I had a "moment" and in my drugged up state, lol, sent a text to my LLC and asked what to do and she said to eat what I needed to. I did and made adults choices. The foods I ate on Fri night, Sat & Sun were minimal but from limited choice on the hospital "menu" (lol) so I have had some of the trigger week foods but am not concerned about it.

It is great to be home!

I have enjoyed having bananas and nuts :) Haven't yet had the opportunity to read my week 6 section of RTM but now that I am home with the week off I shall catch up as week 7 will soon be upon us!

Kat xx

hope your okay now Kat, i was wondering where you got too, as its been awfully quiet without you, and god bless, and hope you feel better now,

Week 7, Day 43

Well week 7 is here and I am yet to catch up with what I was doing in week 6 but I am not worried about any of it. Will take each day as it comes.

Kat xx

Hi Kat,

Was this a planned hospitalization? I hope all is well with you. It is a difficult time of year to be out of commission... no wonder you have been so organised regarding your holiday preparations.

MM

Hey Mel

No, it wasn't a planned "visit! I was rushed into A&E last Weds morning and admitted from there! Being prepared for Christmas so far in advance was a pure coincidence! Fortunate one eh!

I am on the mend and now the drugs are wearing off I am feeling more human and have no doubt I will be fighting fit by next week and all ready to party on for Christmas! :)

Kat xx

Hi Kat,

Wow... women's intuition, eh? I am glad you are on the mend. You certainly deserve a very merry and peaceful (not mutually exclusive) Christmas.

MM

have a merry xmas and new year and all the best with the remaining few weeks of RTM
x

Interestingly enough Ken, I went to LL management group tonight and had a good long chat with LLC. She said that she feels I am pretty much there now with RTM and could choose to eat what I wanted if I felt I would be making adult, wise choices.

I have only been having 1 food pack a day for the last 3 weeks and she has agreed that I can continue so I have dropped to buying just 7 a week now.

I am pleased her scales recorded me having only lost 2lb rather than what my scales registered at 6lb as I really didn't want to lose that.

I am feeling pretty darn good about this eating lark tonight :)

Kat xx

have a merry xmas and new year and all the best with the remaining few weeks of RTM
x

Well RTM finished yesterday and today I spread my wings and fly, carefully into maintenance - the lifelong glide to stay pretty much right where I am now.

Going into hospital midway through RTM threw things out for me somewhat as I was unable to control that period time - sometimes we just have to accept things are beyond our control.

My week 8/9 was Christmas/New Year fortnight - which I thoroughly enjoyed and did over indulge somewhat. I love this time of year but am always grateful when it is over! I do feel like it took me a little too long to pull the reigns back in, but they are in and I am glad!

I am secure in the knowledge that for me, I have to exercise regularly to maintain a balance. I am also noticing the benefits in my body of the exercise which is the icing on the cake - for want of better words! ha

Eating/calories/food etc.. is a subject that can seem to monopolise our conversations can't it!?

Well here I am - maintenance. I am so excited. This is it forwards!

I have my achievement evening with 24 family & friends on January 30th. I am very much looking forward to this. Ironic really that a cake is being made to mark my achievement which will sit on a table along with a balloon decoration - with one balloon to mark each stone I have lost! I will be sure to take pictures.

:)

Kat xx

well done kat
enjoy your evening, a lovely way to celebrate the start of the rest of your (slim) life
daisy x

Sounds like your are on top of the world Kat. Enjoy the view.....you deserve it!
I'll look forward to seeing the photos of your celebration.

Back