Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

katalena

Enjoying life!
Well, here I am :D

I felt it was time I had a poke about over here in the RTM walls :p

I start RTM on Wednesday 4th November 2009. :eek:

I have spent a lil time tonight reading my RTM books in preparation for Wednesday.

It has taken me 22 weeks to get here :)

I am not going to promise to post my food logs in the wonderful Jezebella styley! She has been fabulous and I plan to revisit some of her posts/recipes. I do plan to share some recipes, thoughts and feelings and anything else I think of - hence the "thingies" in the thread title.

I will post again soon, very soon as there are only 2 days to go!

Kat xx

I have 21 days to go Kat. And am also planning to revisit Jez's early posts to be inspired for the first weeks menus. Mrs Lardy and BL and Minervas and Sean's threads are also amazingly inspiring to read.

How exciting!

:) TI it is something to look forward to eh ;)

Kat xx

Well here I am on the last eve of developers. Tonight I reached GOAL! 100lb gone, the end of one phase and the beginning of the next!

Life is full of such exciting times!

I will see you all here more regularly!

Kat xx

look forward to it Kat :)

xx

Well here we go!

Week 1 - Day 1

I slept like a baby last night and when I woke this morning I forgot that today was the start of RTM!

I have been used to having a pack at about 0900, another at approx 1230-1300, the 3rd between 1800-1900 and the last at approx 2100-2200 but I decided that I would shift it somewhat when I started RTM as I want to only have my meal in the evening - obviously I shall see how that goes and shift it about if it doesn't suit.

So, at 0900 I had my vanilla shake, as usual with 900mls of cold water and a heaped spoon ful of coffee. At about 1100 I had my warm peanut bar - yum I do love these. At 1300 I had my next vanilla shake in the usual way. It is funny how I only ever used to have 1 cappucino a day (more on that down below), never drank tea or coffee otherwise and since I have been on LL I have had a heaped teaspoon of coffee 3 times a day in my vanilla shakes and sometimes black coffee (proper stuff not instant). I may need to seek support for caffeine withdrawl! lol <joke>

A few people at work started asking about me eating today and my Mum, bless her, text me this morning, the conversation went something like this:

"what did you have for breakfast this morning, anything exciting?"

" a food pack Mum"

"I thought you were stopping blah blah blah"

"I have moved onto the next phase Mum"

"not a piece of toast or some cereal?"

"no Mum, they don't come for weeks"

"oh, right then"

LOL bless her

Anyway, I left work and started walking home, my partner was meeting me half way so that we could go shopping. I had a knot in my tummy. I recognised the feeling from the same week that I had only lost 1lb and wondered if that was my losses dropping off.

We went to Sainsburys - I got some mini mackerel fillets, hot smoked and peppered hot smoked but they didn't have the hot smoked salmon. So off we went to another Sainsburys, they didn't have the salmon either! <Rik bought me a lovely Orchid> Off we went to Morrisons, I got the hot smoked salmon! We also went to Tesco so I could get some Dolce Gusto coffee pods for my machine as I can have them Friday - skinny cappucino and skinny latte - very excited about these! I also bought some classico cafe ones - black coffee! Can't believe I did not get these sooner!

I pottered around a bit when I got home. I cooked Rik a pizza then I plated up some of my fish - I did weigh it because I wanted to know what 3-4oz looked like.

I had a mini hot smoked mackerel fillet, a mini hot smoked peppered mackerel fillet and a piece of hot smoked salmon, it weighed 3.8oz - I really enjoyed it! The salmon mostly. I am really pleased I enjoyed it as I have never eaten it before!

I then had a nice cafe classico coffee and I am say with a big smile on my face!

Kat xx

Last edited:
sounds delicious!
roll on friday for the coffees - i must get some of the skinny caps
daisy x

I know! I can't wait, I always loved them!

The skinny caps are only 49 cals each!

Kat xx

sounds delicious!
roll on friday for the coffees - i must get some of the skinny caps
daisy x

Stowaway on the RTM board - just popped by to see how you got on today Kat. Very Well Done - sounds like you had a successful launch into your RTM journey. What is hot smoked salmon/mackarel? is it smoked over something hot or is it hot 'spicy'? Deli? Chilled counter? Lurve fish and sounds like a good way to kick off RTM.
xxx

sounds lovely kat
and glad your finally here :)

Peony it is gorgeous! Especially the salmon. I bought it ready to eat on the cold counter. It i kiln smoked - really good but I also looked on the fresh fish counter and you can buy it to cook yourself too.

Funny thing is, never eaten it before, have never liked fish but I liked it alot!

Kat xx

Stowaway on the RTM board - just popped by to see how you got on today Kat. Very Well Done - sounds like you had a successful launch into your RTM journey. What is hot smoked salmon/mackarel? is it smoked over something hot or is it hot 'spicy'? Deli? Chilled counter? Lurve fish and sounds like a good way to kick off RTM.
xxx

just popped in to see how you are doing, can't wait to see how you do and look forward to learning from you. You are an inspiration to me x

aww bless you Gemma, thank you. I hope my journey can be helpful to others :)

Kat xx

just popped in to see how you are doing, can't wait to see how you do and look forward to learning from you. You are an inspiration to me x

Week 1, Day 2

Well I bounced out of bed this morning and started my day with a caffe classico black coffee - made my hyper first thing! lol

I had my usual vanilla/coffee shake when I got to work at about 0900 and my peanut bar at about 1100. Had my next vanilla/coffee shake at about 1330.

I popped into M&S today and got some more salmon as I enjoyed it so much last night I fancied it again tonight.

Had a good day in work. I am loving the St Clements water flavouring with my soda water. I drink alot of this!

After work we decided to go to Sainsburys shopping and get the bits I wanted from Day 3 (tomorrow) onwards so that tomorrow night we could come straight home from work and chill.

I got:

lemon juice
reduced salt soy sauce
wholegrain mustard
low fat (less than 1%) thousand island salad dressing
low fat (less than 1%) italian salad dressing
rocket
pea shoots
iceburg lettuce
organic celery
white cabbage
cherry & cinnamon fruit infusion teabags - these smell divine!
soda water
Marigold Boullion

Got home and had another lovely caffe classico black coffee. I do like these but I am also looking forward to having a skinny cappucino tomorrow! I am going to have one in the morning with my peanut bar before I go to work.

I cooked dinner for Rik and prepared mine. I had 2 slices of the salmon, 1 mini peppered mackerel fillet and a teaspoon of cottage cheese (less than 1%) - total weight was just under 4oz. I enjoyed it just as much as I did last night.

I am now going to sit and relax with my pint of St Clements soda.

Hope everyone has a fabulous evening.

Fish loving Kat xx

sounds lovely Kat and glad your doing well :)
i need to try salmon :)

Hi Kat - sounds like you are properly organised. What proteins do you have in mind for the next few days?

Back