Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

Ken - it really is lovely!! Go for it!

Kat xx

TI

Tomorrow evening I am going to do the following:

Butterfly chicken breast with fresh red chilli, garlic, a splash of lemon juice & a lil soy sauce on a bed of shredded iceburg lettuce, shredded
white cabbage, a lil rocket & pea shoots with some chopped celery and salad dressing.

I suspect on Saturday I will have salmon on a bed of similar salad with a touch of cottage cheese and some low fat (1%) thousand island dressing.

:)

Kat xx

Week 1, Day 3

Starting early and will add more later.

I sat down this morning with my peanut bar & a skinny cappucino YUM

<Off I go to work>

A Happy Kat xx

TI

Tomorrow evening I am going to do the following:

Butterfly chicken breast with fresh red chilli, garlic, a splash of lemon juice & a lil soy sauce on a bed of shredded iceburg lettuce, shredded
white cabbage, a lil rocket & pea shoots with some chopped celery and salad dressing.

Wow Kat - that's a whole lot of flavours to take in so soon. It does sound delicious though. Enjoy.

I guess I've been thinking about keeping things a bit simpler to start with. Love to hear how you get on. xx

the marigold boullion can you use that as stock to poach chicken?

because i dont fancy having to buy the lighterlife broth sachets to use as stock.

Yes you can sasha. I did start a post about the bouillon yesterday :)

Kat xx

the marigold boullion can you use that as stock to poach chicken?

because i dont fancy having to buy the lighterlife broth sachets to use as stock.

The chilli, garlic, lemon juice & soy is just a marinade :) I won't use very much.

Will let you know how it goes :)

Kat xx

Wow Kat - that's a whole lot of flavours to take in so soon. It does sound delicious though. Enjoy.

I guess I've been thinking about keeping things a bit simpler to start with. Love to hear how you get on. xx

I have changed my mind about what I am having for dinner tonight. I am going to do the chicken for both of us tomorrow night as we have not had chance to sort the front room and set up our dining table and chairs and I want to sit down together and eat.

I am doing Rik cottage pie and veggies and I am going to have <wait for it, lol> Salmon with my salad <as described above> with a lil cottage cheese and low fat <less than 1%>salad dressing.

I am just sat relaxing with a black coffee.

More on my day later :)

Kat xx

:) how you enjoying rtm

Week 1, Day 3

Well as I said above, I started my day with my skinny cappucino and peanut bar and enjoyed both.

Had my usual shakes through the day with plenty of soda/st clements. I also had a couple of cherry & cinnamon fruit teas today - they were lovely!

I did some training this morning - bored me to tears so was good to get back to the office just before lunch time. Spent the rest of the day in the office doing some bits and pieces.

Got home and relaxed for 20 minutes then decided I needed to go to Next and buy some jumpers - I am feeling the cold. So off we went, got some nice bits in a size 10 :) We also explored the home range and I bought a bathroom bin and 2 lamps, one for the bedroom and one for the lounge. Can't use them today though as they take screw in bulbs! Added to the list for tomorrow!

When we got home, I put Rik's dinner on and sat down with a black coffee and had a nose at my RTM big book.

Just before Rik's dinner was ready I started getting mine done.

I finely shredded a small amount of white cabbage, iceburg lettuce and popped it in a small bowl with a small amount of rocket & pea shoots. I sprinkled 15mls of l/f (1%) thousand island dressing & a splash of balsamic over the leaves and some thinly sliced celery (one of my fav foods!). I can't believe how good that looked!

I popped it on a plate (I used a proper dinner plate today as I had a side plate for the first two evenings) and topped it with 2oz salmon & 2oz of (vff) cottage cheese with some wholegrain mustard mixed in.

I ripped some fresh basil leaves over the top with a sprinkling of coarse black pepper and set it to one side whilst I dished up Rik's.

We sat down together and enjoyed our meals.

I enjoyed mine and oh my god I have missed rocket! I didn't put much on but it is definately a flavour to look forward to tomorrow!

I am loving the flavours and the wonderful appreciation for such good, healthy foods. :)

Enjoy your Friday you gorgeous bunch of wonderful people!

Kat xx

Oh how lovely it is to hear you extolling the wonders of a few salad leaves. I love your descriptions. :)

:) they are amazing! The tastes and flavour are something to savour :)

Kat xx

Oh how lovely it is to hear you extolling the wonders of a few salad leaves. I love your descriptions. :)

I forgot to add to my post above. Besides the bed this afternoon was an envelope. I opened it and inside was a lovely card.

It had congratulations on the front and inside it read as follows:

Dear Katie,

I'm so wonderfully proud of you!!! I knew you could do it.

I'm made up for you that you have finally got what you have desired for a long time!!!!

All my love

Rik

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How lovely is that! :)

Kat xx

Hey Kat

Sounds like you are having a wonderful RTM journey so far. The new tastes and flavours are incredible. Brings on a totally new appreciation for food. I am just so proud of you and so happy that you are managing so well. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you are doing this with flying colours just like in abstinence. Loved the note from Rik - how special, treasure it always.

What have you got planned for tomorrow food wise and weekend wise?

Jez
xx

aww bless him!
daisy x

Thank you hun, I do feel quite relaxed about it all at the moment but taking each day 1 at a time and not going to take those relaxed feelings for granted.

Tomorrow I plan to get up as usual in the morning and have a couple of hours to myself with a skinny cappucino and my peanut bar watching crap on TV.

I will then get Rik up mid morning and we are off to Cheltenham to have a look for my "special ring" to mark my weight loss. I am also going to do a lil shopping and some final christmas pressie bits for family. I shall get my usual vanilla/coffee shakes in - I like to make sure I get them in by late afternoon to give me a few hours before dinner.

When I finish this post I am going to marinade some chicken in fresh chilli, garlic, a lil soy and a splash of lemon juice and refrigerate it for tomorrow evening.

We will have that griddled on a bed of salad similar to that I did tonight. I will do a lil something else for Rik to accompany it. We are going to have our meal together at our new table and chairs.

Sunday we have a day at home relaxing. Will have to do a lil food shopping for Rik for work. I expect I will have some hot smoked peppered mackerel with salad Sunday evening but haven't decided yet! May get some fresh salmon and do it with a wholegrain mustard crust. Will think about it on Sunday! :)

I am enjoying this RTM lark :)

Kat xx

I can't have the fat-free philly yet but it is on the cards for when I can! lol

Kat xx ;)

mix the mustard with a little fat free philly!! totally yummalicious!!

Jez
xx

Week 1, Day 4

Up at about 0900 this morning and enjoyed a skinny latte with my peanut bar. I have decided the skinny latte is better than the skinny cappucino and only 48 cals!

I got Rik up at 1030 and off we went to Cheltenham. As you will have seen from my other post - I got the ring I wanted to mark my weight loss achievement. Looking forward to having that on my finger next week as a permanent reminder.

We then went to Waitrose and I bought some hot smoked salmon, hot smoked trout and some fresh salmon. I am a fish addict!

Off to older sister's for a cuppa - had a PG Tips Green Tea - that was quite nice.

Then went to younger sister's for a natter and tried on my bridesmaid dress - it is a size 16 and fell straight off!! She was getting married in July this year but sadly her Mum in law to be died in April so they postponed it until May next year. She already had my dress in an 18 but her friend who was also going to be a bridesmaid who cannot do it next year as she is moving to Australia is a size 16, she returned my dress but not her's and can't now as too late so she kept the 16 for me. I think she could have returned it but probably didn't believe I would do it. Anyway, I am stuck with it now and it is huge on me so will have to have it made smaller.

Popped to Next to get a couple of candle holders, 2 Christmas presents I wanted and some new skinny jeggins.

Got home about 1800 and realised I had not had either of my vanilla/coffee shakes! Had one and sat and chilled for a while.

Rik fancied a pizza from Dominoes tonight so I decided to freeze the chicken I had marinated last night for another time.

I had my shredded white cabbage, iceburg, rocket, pea shoots and celery with a splash of balsamic and 15mls of l/f thousand island topped with 2oz hot smoked salmon and 2oz hot smoked trout - this was another new one on me and I loved it! I also had a teaspoon of l/f cottage cheese with wholegrain mustard.

Had plenty of st clements soda throughout the evening as had not drank enough through the day!

Approx 2200 I had my other vanilla/coffee shake.

I must make sure I have my shakes in the day in future. I didn't like having it on top of my meal!

Tomorrow I am going to bake (en papilotte??) my own fresh salmon and see how I like that. Will probably do it with lemon juice, fresh chilli & garlic.

Well it is late so I am off to bed to dream nice dreams!

Night night all.

Kat xx

Back