Step 1 Sole Source Kate's Daily Diary

Wigglybunny

Soo...hello to anyone who reads this! I started my Cambridge journey on Wednesday 8th May 2012. It's the first (and hopefully only!) time i've done it and i did no prep really (unless you count stuffing my face over the bank holiday weekend!!) Been reading these forums a bit for inspiration but not previously been brave enough to post. However, have stuck religiously to SS and drunk only plain or sparkling water, peppermint and green tea the past week and did not step on the scales all week (which for me is a major achievement as when I've done SW before I weighed myself daily...sometimes more!) But for me this is about breaking unhealthy habits and focussing on routine etc. Sooo...with some trepidation I went to my weigh in today and I am 15.4... Which is an 11lb loss in 6 days!! I'm astounded and so, so happy. :) :) Best bit is how relieved I feel not to worry about food. Cravings only ever fleeting and easily controlled with a glass of water and beginning to get my energy back. Long may this continue! I am determined not to cheat, but so far haven't wanted to. I think for me, rather than doing something I feel I 'have to' and sticking to 'the rules' of the diet, I almost feel like I'm doing something naughty by doing CD in the first place, as received wisdom is just to eat healthily, exercise, etc. but that hasn't worked for me in the past, so now am determined to do it by CD just to prove it can be done! That attitude is working for me at the minute. Just worked out my target weight and I could be there by my birthday. Bring.It.On!!! :)

Just been for my week one weigh in and cannot contain my disappointment at only having a 5lb loss. I could cry :cry:seeing people on here losing 8+lbs is so disheartening. But well done on your loss, its stories like your that has given me motivation to continue when i felt like giving up.

Just been for my week one weigh in and cannot contain my disappointment at only having a 5lb loss. I could cry :cry:seeing people on here losing 8+lbs is so disheartening. But well done on your loss, its stories like your that has given me motivation to continue when i felt like giving up.

Don't worry Hun, not everyone is the same, the best thing about cwp is that as long as you stick to it results are guaranteed ;-)

Hi Amie - I also lost 5lb the first week (although it wasn't quite a full week), but 25 days in, I am now 22lbs off - over a stone and a half in less than a month - stick with it and from reading all the stories on here, you can be sure you won't be disappointed x

Thanks, its this forum that keeping me going :)

I left my consultant on a major downer and i have to admit, when i got home i stole one of my little boys yummy pork and apple sausages :eek:
This morning i woke up and decided to get my mind set back on my goal and continue with my plan. At least im heading in the right direction!

Had my maple and pecan porridge this morning which i really enjoyed, i guess its good i enjoy the foods seen as though this my new way of life!

Any tips on anything that is going to help me along would be fabulous!

Any tips on anything that is going to help me along would be fabulous!

Get yourself a serious addition to this forum, it has helped me no end. and get the app if you don't already have it! Write a diary - it not only gives you support, but people to account to when things aren't going so well or a kick up the backside when you need it. Spend time on clothes websites looking at all the things you will buy when you're slim - add them to a wishlist or save for later (most sites have this) and also read lots of others diaries, check out the inspiration section on here. write a list of reasons why you are going to do this. also take photos of yourself all the time, and browse back through them. :)

A loss is a loss, though Amie...it's habits that are important tho, not just what the scales say. Well done on your attitude to keep going too. :) I'm not ever expecting big losses week by week...all i care is that i stick to the plan...makes it easier that way. I'm not disciplined enough to have a little bit of anything and stop! ;) x

Get yourself a serious addition to this forum, it has helped me no end. and get the app if you don't already have it! Write a diary - it not only gives you support, but people to account to when things aren't going so well or a kick up the backside when you need it. Spend time on clothes websites looking at all the things you will buy when you're slim - add them to a wishlist or save for later (most sites have this) and also read lots of others diaries, check out the inspiration section on here. write a list of reasons why you are going to do this. also take photos of yourself all the time, and browse back through them. :)

Loving these ideas... :) I've done the photos and have a collage app to see them side by side...in six months time will be like a time lapse of me shrinking! ;) x

Thanks! Fab ideas, my consultant took my 'before' pictures on our first meeting so i think i'll be hanging them around the house just to keep giving myself that kick up the backside. Still getting to grips with the 'blogging' side of things. I'm looking forward to this little adventure and i'm always up for a challenge :)

Home made lasagne and homemade Rice crispy square for my boys, when they decide to come home. Oriental Chilli soup for me :D

Well done Amie ! I think the chilli soups ok :eek: ! Stick with it and time will fly by !

Home made lasagne and homemade Rice crispy square for my boys, when they decide to come home. Oriental Chilli soup for me :D

Well done you! I really really struggle with cooking not eating...in fact making sandwiches is the worst thing! But I haven't cheated. :)

I'm being a bit rubbish at updating but have stuck with it this week, despite having an essay due in on weds that usually means a packet or several of biscuits and a bar of dairy milk. But I managed it without! :) was the hardest day yet, tho. I think I've identified that I eat when I'm stressed...most people do the opposite...hey hum. Also went to see Eddie Izard last night. Could have killed for a pint of lager, especially as hubby was drinking one sat next to me, but I made sure I drove so I couldn't give in even if I wanted to.

Today have had butterscotch, veg soup and cookies and cream. I discovered the mango shake and fruits of the forest this week. Yum yum. :) wish there was a bit more choice of soups tho.

Breakthrough tonight tho...walked in the kitchen and hubby said 'you look thinner, you know'! Miracles will never cease!

Hope everyone else is doing ok. :) xxx

Speaking of other halfs, what better incentive to loose weight than your darling boyfriend cheating on you with a pretty skinny blonde :cry:

Major downer but even more determined to do this! Day 11 and still going strong!

Speaking of other halfs, what better incentive to loose weight than your darling boyfriend cheating on you with a pretty skinny blonde :cry:

Major downer but even more determined to do this! Day 11 and still going strong!

Oh Amie...that's tough. :( I'm sorry to hear that.

But think of it this way...it'll be him that's jealous when you look the way you want to and are so fabulous you're beating them off with a stick but won't look at him twice!

Hope you're ok.

K x

Back