Kath's Diary

Yippee! thanks so much, I'm really pleased with myself :)

I set myself a goal last week to walk every day and I did it (apart from Friday because I had to look after my sister in law) but I'm really pleased I did it.

I must admit I really enjoyed the session last night, we are working on week 3 on something called PAC and it was really interesting and made something click in my head. I had my doubts about this counselling part of the lighter life but it's proving to be very worthwile.

Good luck for tonight!

Well I'm glad yesterday is over with, what a strange day - I was all niggly and wanted food all day - really strange, hubby came home more or less the same as me!

Still didn't give in that's the main thing, I'm not going to let food win!

I've just spoken to hubby and he's really impressed me, he works on a building site and today the gaffer bought them all a bacon sandwich! Bacon is his number 1 favourite food!

He didn't eat it, he gave it away! I couldn't believe it! I'm so impressed :D

I find Wednesday to Friday drag a bit for me on this diet, that's when I struggle. By Saturday I know I've only got a couple of days till my weigh in so that spurs me on.

I'm going to go for a walk with the monkey in a bit, we've got to get a bit of shopping so thought we could walk to the supermarket - at least that way I can't buy much as I'll have to carry it ;)

Hi Kath
Fantastic well done you,your doing so well,i know what you mean about some hard days mine are sat and sun as I work and the kids stress!Your hubby is doing fab imagion that will power that it took for him to give it away,I think your both blessed with such a good support system in each other.To get through post post post away and we can help each other :D
Looking forward to your next weigh-in just keep that in your mind ;)
xxc

Hi Kath

Just read through your diary and you are doing brilliantly - both you and your husband - you have had a stunning weight loss already!

Funny you say Wed- Friday is hard for you, I am actually the other way round, I'm highly motivated following my LL meetings then I get fed up Saturday and Sunday despite knowing I have my WI on Mondays (although that has now changed to Thursdays as I am now in development).

Hi Kath
Fantastic well done you,your doing so well,i know what you mean about some hard days mine are sat and sun as I work and the kids stress!Your hubby is doing fab imagion that will power that it took for him to give it away,I think your both blessed with such a good support system in each other.To get through post post post away and we can help each other :D
Looking forward to your next weigh-in just keep that in your mind ;)
xxc

Just think of your weekend as only two days, two days to climb over the wall and get to the other side - you know you can do it.

My monkey is off school next week for half term, today he's off for teacher training. He's just having his lunch now and has been asking me for this and that all day! Think next week I'm going to have to make sure we are out of the house as much as possible to keep me out of mischief :D

Why does bread smell so fantastic! Lol, :)

Hi Kath

Just read through your diary and you are doing brilliantly - both you and your husband - you have had a stunning weight loss already!

Funny you say Wed- Friday is hard for you, I am actually the other way round, I'm highly motivated following my LL meetings then I get fed up Saturday and Sunday despite knowing I have my WI on Mondays (although that has now changed to Thursdays as I am now in development).

Wow, your weight loss is fab too!

You know thinking on, Wednesday was actually a really good day for me, I was buzzing! Maybe that's why yesterday was so hard, maybe it's a bit of a come down. Today is tricky but nothing like yesterday. So maybe my bad days are Thursday and Friday. However, they are just that - bad days, I'm NOT going to lapse, I'll just pull through them every week.

So you're in development! You completed 100 days, that is so fantastic, you must feel a real acheivement. I think Saturday and Sundays must be most people's tough days, I mean weekends are usually when people let go a bit aren't they.

Kath x

Hi Kath,

Congratulations on doing so well!!!

20lbs. is fantastic weight loss!!!

I find walking is excellent and good for you for doing it. Walking works on many levels, it is the best form of exercise for getting rid of belly fat and secondly a 20 minute brisk walk a day keeps the digestion moving along nicely and helps avoids constipation.

It helps with circulation and improving your fitness level and you feel good all over after it and it is also know to lift mild depression.

My husband has been a big support to me on my weight loss journey and he has lost over a stone and half and is maintain now, he stuck with WW points and now does GI.

As a family we have changed our whole outlook on food, what we buy and how we cook it and portion size and I think this is important for it is so easy to revert to old habits and end back at the start after having lost all your weight and I really don't want this to happen.

I find Saturdays the hardest to get through.:rolleyes:

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Love Mini xxx

Just think of your weekend as only two days, two days to climb over the wall and get to the other side - you know you can do it.

My monkey is off school next week for half term, today he's off for teacher training. He's just having his lunch now and has been asking me for this and that all day! Think next week I'm going to have to make sure we are out of the house as much as possible to keep me out of mischief :D

Why does bread smell so fantastic! Lol, :)

hI kATH
YES MY 2 GIRLS ARE OFF SCHOOL FOR NEXT WEEK TOO THEY ARE 6 AND 11 AND ASK FOR FOOD HOURLY????OR IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IT?:eek: I HAVE MY 22 MONTH OLD HOME WITH ME ALL THE TIME AND SHE CANT QUIET ASK !YET!
I WILL, I WILL LOOK AT THE WEEKENDS AS THAT WALL AND I KNOW I CAN REACH THE TOP AND BY MONDAY MORNING I WILL FEEL PROUD I MADE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE,YOU COULD DO THAT WITH WEDS-FRID?
HAVE A FAB WEEKEND AND YOUR NEXT WEIGH-IN WILL THEN BE LOOMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XXC :D :D :D

Hi Kath,

Congratulations on doing so well!!!

20lbs. is fantastic weight loss!!!

I find walking is excellent and good for you for doing it. Walking works on many levels, it is the best form of exercise for getting rid of belly fat and secondly a 20 minute brisk walk a day keeps the digestion moving along nicely and helps avoids constipation.

It helps with circulation and improving your fitness level and you feel good all over after it and it is also know to lift mild depression.

My husband has been a big support to me on my weight loss journey and he has lost over a stone and half and is maintain now, he stuck with WW points and now does GI.

As a family we have changed our whole outlook on food, what we buy and how we cook it and portion size and I think this is important for it is so easy to revert to old habits and end back at the start after having lost all your weight and I really don't want this to happen.

I find Saturdays the hardest to get through.:rolleyes:

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini :)

I agree with you on the walking (didn't know it helped get rid of belly fat though, boy do I need that!) I've been walking to school every day this week and it has made me feel so much better, I have to go uphill part way and the first time I had to stop half way, now I've really picked up my speed and although breathless I'm finding it a lot easier. I've also been carrying my son's scooter to school so he can scooter home, it's a bit heavy so as I've been walking I've been doing slight arm lifts on each side to help tone my arms - I must look like a nutter lol. I shall miss it next week so will have to make sure I get some walking in every day.

That's fab about your husband, it really really helps doesn't - I know it could be so easy to slip into old habits and I don't want that to happen. I'm not going to let it happen.

Have a fab weekend too :)

hI kATH
YES MY 2 GIRLS ARE OFF SCHOOL FOR NEXT WEEK TOO THEY ARE 6 AND 11 AND ASK FOR FOOD HOURLY????OR IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IT?:eek: I HAVE MY 22 MONTH OLD HOME WITH ME ALL THE TIME AND SHE CANT QUIET ASK !YET!
I WILL, I WILL LOOK AT THE WEEKENDS AS THAT WALL AND I KNOW I CAN REACH THE TOP AND BY MONDAY MORNING I WILL FEEL PROUD I MADE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE,YOU COULD DO THAT WITH WEDS-FRID?
HAVE A FAB WEEKEND AND YOUR NEXT WEIGH-IN WILL THEN BE LOOMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XXC :D :D :D

Lol, you do so well with all those children, it's hard enough for me having food in the house for one lol - it takes him so long to finish anything! Can't believe he hasn't noticed I'm on a diet, last night he was asking me to please eat his biscuit because he'd started it but didn't want any more! I told him to just put it back in the packet and not to worry about it as I wasn't hungry and didn't want it! :eek: :D

I will think of the wall on my tough days and get through them. Might have to invest in some climbing gear lol :D

Have a fab weekend too - roll on next week eh :D

lol my 6 year old takes 45 minutes to eat a bowl of cornflakes think thats why shes so slim lol Bless her :eek:
Well done you on not wanting that biscuit its fab isnt it not even being bothered by it ,your next weigh in is going to be excellant again I bet you.
XXC

lol my 6 year old takes 45 minutes to eat a bowl of cornflakes think thats why shes so slim lol Bless her :eek:
Well done you on not wanting that biscuit its fab isnt it not even being bothered by it ,your next weigh in is going to be excellant again I bet you.
XXC

Lol same as my four year old, some things he eats remarkably quickly, other things he'll spend an hour on!

Fingers crossed you and I both have fab weight losses next week :) XX

Well I got through last night, it was a real struggle but it's over with now :) I made one of those chocolate fudge things of Mike's website, it was quite bearable and nice to have something to chew for a change as I don't like the bars. Although I may revisit them in the future.

Well this morning hubby awoke and weighed himself, he's lost another 8 and a half pounds! I am just so amazed, it's fantastic, he's gone from 19st 1lb to 16 stone 13lb in LESS than 3 weeks! He's 6ft 2in so he has only got a couple of stone more to go before his BMI is NORMAL! Oh to have normal BMI, it seems such a very long way off for me but I will get there :)

Hubby has plans for us to get out on our bikes this weekend and do a bit of walking in the park, he's way fitter than me though lol. I'm looking forward to it though, I always feel a lot better after some excercise, all those endorphins buzzing around.

Right off to make my caramel and coffee shake, I can hardly contain myself :D

hI kATH
Well Done you for getting through the night :) Im exactly like you at present really struggling I just want a chicken salad :( :( :( :( :( :(
Your hubby is doing so fab but dont compare yourselves as I think when man go to LL they only have to do I think its a 7 week foundation course as they lose it at double the speed to us ,probs as we get TOTM and water retention?

WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN BEAT THAT CHATTERBOX !!!!
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BIKE RIDES ;)
XXC

Not enjoying it today one bit

hI kATH
Well Done you for getting through the night :) Im exactly like you at present really struggling I just want a chicken salad :( :( :( :( :( :(
Your hubby is doing so fab but dont compare yourselves as I think when man go to LL they only have to do I think its a 7 week foundation course as they lose it at double the speed to us ,probs as we get TOTM and water retention?

WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN BEAT THAT CHATTERBOX !!!!
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BIKE RIDES ;)

XXC

I want a chicken salad and I don't even eat meat! Oh for a ham sandwich! :confused:

The bike rides weren't very successful, I really really struggled - breathless and just weak. I kept yawning :confused: Tomorrow we're just going to go for a walk in the park instead, I know I can manage walking!

Blimey I didn't know the men only had to do 7 weeks, that is amazing, no wonder it's falling off him. I'm not expecting the same loss as him, nowhere near it - he has a really physical job and is burning calories all the time whereas I'm at home most of the day.

I'm feeling down today, most unlike me :( Think it's because I want something to eat and know it's going to be a very long time before I'm at that stage. I'm annoyed with myself that I've let it get to this stage where I have to stop eating food to get control over it.

It's not forever though is it...

It's not helping me thinking like this though so I need to switch it around, the day is nearly over I'm going to microwave a bar tonight into cookies and sit and eat those with a cuppa whilst I watch robin hood then I'm going to wake up tomorrow and feel strong again.

Hi Kath,

On average men lose one and half stone a month and women one this is the guide lines, but that may vary up and down.

It is futile to compare yourself to others as there will always be those who lose more or less...we lose weight to suit our own body type.

One good thing about slow losers is that during a famine we can live up to three monts more:p

You sounded like you might of over did things today and this does not help...try and take it a little easier tomorrow, but your feet up.

Love Mini xxx

Over the wall :D

Hi Kath,

On average men lose one and half stone a month and women one this is the guide lines, but that may vary up and down.

It is futile to compare yourself to others as there will always be those who lose more or less...we lose weight to suit our own body type.

One good thing about slow losers is that during a famine we can live up to three monts more:p

You sounded like you might of over did things today and this does not help...try and take it a little easier tomorrow, but your feet up.

Love Mini xxx

:D Thanks mini, I like the famine tip :D

Well Saturday was a rubbish day but Sunday I woke up feeling strong and focused again thank goodness. We went for a lovely walk in the park got slightly breathless sometimes but took it nice and steady with plenty of stops for the monkey to splash in puddles and play robin hood :)

So yesterday was a good day and I'm pleased with myself for getting over Saturday unscathed.

Feeling good today too, it's my weigh in tomorrow so I'm nearly another week over with yippeeeee!

Seems a bit awful wishing my weeks away but I'm very eager to get to the other side :D

We're going to book a holiday for the end of December, hopefully somewhere lovely and snowy - I'll feel fab once that's booked as it'll give me something to focus on.

Hubby is nagging me to join the gym, he's right I know, I could go every day after I've dropped the monkey at school and it'll really help me tone up. It's just the induction thing I dread, I know they ask your weight :eek: so you can use the running machine. Well I'm going to build up my courage this week and hope to join next week....

Hope everyone else has made the weekend unscathed :)

Kath xxx

Sounds like you're doing great, hun! Just be careful on the old exercise front - don't overstretch yourself as you've got no glycogen to protect your muscle tissue when you're SSing. Plus, you can make yourself feel very faint if you're going hell for leather running/cycling/treadmill-ing when you're only on 500 cals a day.

Tell your hubby that you can do loads of exercise when you're in maintenance and eating carbs again, but til then, it has to be gentle, toning stuff!

Sounds like you're doing great, hun! Just be careful on the old exercise front - don't overstretch yourself as you've got no glycogen to protect your muscle tissue when you're SSing. Plus, you can make yourself feel very faint if you're going hell for leather running/cycling/treadmill-ing when you're only on 500 cals a day.

Tell your hubby that you can do loads of exercise when you're in maintenance and eating carbs again, but til then, it has to be gentle, toning stuff!

Thanks Isobel, I'll bear that in mind - I think that's why I was struggling so much on the bike ride, my legs were burning like they were on fire and I just had no strength, had to get off and walk with the bike in the end :eek:

Do you think it will be ok for me to just do weights at the gym or something? Feel really lazy doing nothing, specially as hubby is out grafting all day - feel like a right woos complaining of feeling weak :eek:

Back