Kath's Diary

Well I went for my first full session at the gym today and have to say I really really enjoyed it! Felt great - I'm so pleased, I hope this feeling lasts every time I go.

Had my weigh in tonight and another 4.5 lb off so yippee!

Fantastic Kath woooo hoooooooo well done hun Im so glad you had anothe great loss 2 stone hey amazing xxxx
Well done on the GYm xx
xxc

Hurray ! Well done, even nearer your Xmas target ! Melissa x

Fantastic Kath woooo hoooooooo well done hun Im so glad you had anothe great loss 2 stone hey amazing xxxx
Well done on the GYm xx
xxc

Thanks :) I really wanted to lose 2 stone in my first month so I'm chuffed I made it :)

I'm really really enjoying the gym, went again for a couple of hours today and looking forward to going again tomorrow! I don't know what's come over me :D

Good luck tonight at your weigh in :)

The Gym!!!

Wow, I'm so loving the gym! I've been every day this week and can't wait to get there today - I practically leapt out of bed this morning. I usually have a really crap Thursday and even worse Friday - but I've felt fantastic!

I'm sure it's down to the gym, it's made me feel so much better about myself that I'm actually doing some excercise and also it's some really good time to myself cus it's just me, and I can take my time do my excercises properly and I set myself mini challenges every day, like an extra minute or two on a machine, an extra set of reps on the weight equipment - it's fab!

Woohoo :D

Hiya Kath

Just caught up with ur thread - wow, u're going great guns!!! 2 stone in ur first month - amazing, well done!!!!

I need to take a leap out of ur book and go to the gym. My flat looks like a gym actually, I have various weird exercise contraptions which I no longer use as clothes hangers & actually do use them, but still.... maybe I'll see what offers they have in the new year?!

Well done hun, great stuff!

Hugs, chelle xx

Hiya Kath

Just caught up with ur thread - wow, u're going great guns!!! 2 stone in ur first month - amazing, well done!!!!

I need to take a leap out of ur book and go to the gym. My flat looks like a gym actually, I have various weird exercise contraptions which I no longer use as clothes hangers & actually do use them, but still.... maybe I'll see what offers they have in the new year?!

Well done hun, great stuff!

Hugs, chelle xx

Thanks Chelle!

I've only joined the council gym so it's cheap but it's fine for me - I love it, can't reccommend it enough! Go on, why wait til New Year, think how much you could boost your loss by joining now ;) :D

Fantastic losses for you, keep it up!

Kath xx

Another 6lb off for me this week so that's over 2 and a half stone now I'm super chuffed :) Clearly my daily gym visits have paid off big time! I've noticed that my days of feeling crap have practically disapeared since I started going to the gym so long may that continue!

Although I have felt very tired the last few days; seems I can only manage the gym and not much else! :eek: I am due on though, not sure whether I will actually come on due to this diet but I am due and I am always very tired at this time of month. So I'm going to keep going as normal and maybe try and get a few early nights :)

Got another gig to go to on Thursday, quite a few of us going and I shall be the only one not drinking :rolleyes: Hubby has decided he's going to have a drink with everyone else so I've told him he HAS to eat first, he's going to have 3 meals on Thursday, breakfast, lunch and dinner and then go out on the night for a few beers.

He weighed himself this morning and is now 15 stone 13 pounds! 5 weeks ago he was 19 stone 1!!!! He's only got a stone to lose now yipppeeeee I'm soooo pleased for him he's done fantastic. I'm a little concerned though as he has been getting pains in his chest whilst at work :confused: - I think he needs to start eating now, maybe one meal a day? If he has lunch at work maybe then it'll give him some fuel for the day. Hopefully I'll convince him it's the right thing to do.

Kath x

Edited to add: It is time of the month! :

Hi hun!

Fab fab loss!!!!!!!!! Wooohoooooooo!
Ur Hubby is going great guns!!!!!!!!!! Although if he's getting pains I'd suggest he get a check up and maybe move over to CD and do one of their food programmes - 790, or something.
Yeh TOTM is weird on these diets - all the symptoms but weeks out of sync ... or is that just me! LOL!!!

Exercise really does help I've noticed that too!! I've already lost 1lb this week and I've been exercising Mon & Tues - really good home work outs. And u're right, it does life ur mood (I'm like u tho, once I've done my session have little energy for anything else lol!!)

U're doing amazginly well hun, u'll easily lose that 3 stone before Xmas at this rate!!

Much love, chelle xx

:D FANTASTIC KATH
WHAT AN AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS
THATS IT IM DEFO GOING TO STICK TO THE GYM
HOPE HUBBY GETS A CHECK-UP
XXC:D

I've jjust caught up with this thread, Kath, and you are doing brilliantly.
I have lost 11 stone since Jan 4th ("eating" since 8th August) I started on LL, but changed to Cambridge after the first 100 days. I have just been accredited as a Cambridge Counsellor, and I feel MARVELLOUS.
Stay strong, and take one day at a time - whilst always having an idea of the "you" you want to be in the future.
You CAN do it, and I believe that you WILL do it.
Ann xxx

Hi hun!

Fab fab loss!!!!!!!!! Wooohoooooooo!
Ur Hubby is going great guns!!!!!!!!!! Although if he's getting pains I'd suggest he get a check up and maybe move over to CD and do one of their food programmes - 790, or something.
Yeh TOTM is weird on these diets - all the symptoms but weeks out of sync ... or is that just me! LOL!!!

Exercise really does help I've noticed that too!! I've already lost 1lb this week and I've been exercising Mon & Tues - really good home work outs. And u're right, it does life ur mood (I'm like u tho, once I've done my session have little energy for anything else lol!!)

U're doing amazginly well hun, u'll easily lose that 3 stone before Xmas at this rate!!

Much love, chelle xx

Hello Chelle :) Thanks so much, I'm really pleased! Hubby doesn't do the program like I do, he just buys the stuff off ebay, he's just switched to buying Cambridge off there instead though (I'm very jealous of the flavours :D). He hasn't been to the doctors for over 20 years, despite being overweight he's always been in really good health (touchwood). He's had these chest pains before a long time ago and it was like a muscle strain, I'm hoping this is the same. I've phoned him today and he's not had any pains but I've still managed to convince him to have one meal a day so that's a good thing :)

Well done on the excercise, it makes you feel great doesn't it! Well tired but great lol :D

Kath xxx

Hi Kath just wanted to say your doing brilliant and what a fab weight loss well done!!

I've jjust caught up with this thread, Kath, and you are doing brilliantly.
I have lost 11 stone since Jan 4th ("eating" since 8th August) I started on LL, but changed to Cambridge after the first 100 days. I have just been accredited as a Cambridge Counsellor, and I feel MARVELLOUS.
Stay strong, and take one day at a time - whilst always having an idea of the "you" you want to be in the future.
You CAN do it, and I believe that you WILL do it.
Ann xxx

Ann, 11 stone since January! That's amazing, I'm soo impressed - well done!!!! Do you know I think I'd love to become a counsellor after I've done this, I feel a changed person.

You're so right Ann, I CAN do it and I WILL do it :D

Woohoo!!!

Kath xxxxx

Another 6lb off for me this week so that's over 2 and a half stone now I'm super chuffed :) Clearly my daily gym visits have paid off big time! I've noticed that my days of feeling crap have practically disapeared since I started going to the gym so long may that continue!

Although I have felt very tired the last few days; seems I can only manage the gym and not much else! :eek: I am due on though, not sure whether I will actually come on due to this diet but I am due and I am always very tired at this time of month. So I'm going to keep going as normal and maybe try and get a few early nights :)

Got another gig to go to on Thursday, quite a few of us going and I shall be the only one not drinking :rolleyes: Hubby has decided he's going to have a drink with everyone else so I've told him he HAS to eat first, he's going to have 3 meals on Thursday, breakfast, lunch and dinner and then go out on the night for a few beers.

He weighed himself this morning and is now 15 stone 13 pounds! 5 weeks ago he was 19 stone 1!!!! He's only got a stone to lose now yipppeeeee I'm soooo pleased for him he's done fantastic. I'm a little concerned though as he has been getting pains in his chest whilst at work :confused: - I think he needs to start eating now, maybe one meal a day? If he has lunch at work maybe then it'll give him some fuel for the day. Hopefully I'll convince him it's the right thing to do.

Kath x

Edited to add: It is time of the month! :

Hi Kath,

Well done to both you and your husband on your weight loss.

You mentioned that your husband is getting pains in his chest whilst at work???

You can not ignore things like this...and I would advise for his to go to his doctor and get it checked up right away. Be sure to let us know how he gets on.

There can be many reasons for this and it is best to find out what the cause is.

Evaluating the cause of chest pain
Chest pain is relatively likely to represent a dangerous cardiac disorder - and should be treated as an emergency - if any of the following are true:
  • You are 40 years old or older, and have one or more risk factors for coronary artery disease (family history, smoking, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, elevated cholesterol, diabetes).
  • You are any age and have a very strong family history of early heart disease.
  • The pain can best be described by the terms tightness, squeezing, heaviness, or crushing.
  • The pain is accompanied by weakness, nausea, shortness of breath, sweating, dizziness or fainting.
  • The pain “radiates” to the shoulders, arms, or jaw.
  • The pain is more severe than any you have had before.
  • The pain is accompanied by the uncontrollable feeling that something is horribly wrong (this is often called by doctors, “a sense of impending doom”).
  • The pain gets continually worse over the first 15 or 20 minutes.
  • The pain is new – you have never experienced anything like it before.
On the other hand, chest pain is relatively unlikely to represent a dangerous cardiac disorder - and is less likely to be a medical emergency - if any of the following are true:
  • The pain changes with changes in body position.
  • The pain worsens with a deep breath or with coughing.
  • You have had similar pains in the past, and a cardiac disorder was ruled out
Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini :) I'll have a chat with him tonight and see what he says. Like I say he has had a similar thing some time ago and it went away of it's own accord after a few days. My friend's husband had exactly the same symptoms a year ago and he went to hospital - they checked him out and it turned out it was just a muscle strain. It's very likely hubby has the same as he's in the building trade and does a lot of graft so does pull muscles from time to time, seems worse in this cold weather. I will insiste he visit the doctor if it returns. I will interrogate him tonight though and find what sort of pain it was yesterday.

Thanks for the info mini it's really useful and thanks for the concern :)

Kath xx

Back