Kath's Diary

Kath

Water water everywhere
Helllooooo

Bit late starting my diary, wish I'd found this site last week! I went to my first Lighter Life session last Tuesday 3 October - I've got my full week weigh in tonight at 8pm. Wish the meeting wasn't so late I struggled with concentration last week as I was getting tired.

Anyway, I went for my pop in meeting on Saturday and I'd lost nearly 10lbs so I was well chuffed. I'm looking forward to being able to eat a bar a day next week as I am dying to chew something!

My first week hasn't been as horrific as I thought it was going to be. The first couple of days were hard, I was really hungry, but that has faded off now and I'm not so hungry - although I wouldn't say I'm not hungry at all, my stomach is rumbling as we speak!

I'm finding the water drinking quite easy and some days as managing 7 litres. I've bought some 1 litre bottles from Asda and I put 4 on the side every morning and make sure I drink them then just top up as I feel like it throughout the day.

I've got a long way to go, about 10 stone I think to be at the top of a healthy BMI - I don't think anyone I know actually realises that I have this much to lose, not even my husband - I've never divulged my weight to him I'm just so moritified by it!

Hubby has started on Lighter Life too - although he's not going to counselling sessions he's just buying it off ebay. It does make it easier that he's doing it too - means that we're both suffering lol :D He lost a stone in his first 3 days, which is fantastic. He hasn't got as much to lose as me, maybe about 4 stone.

The hard part has been that we have a 4 year old son, so every day I have to do his breakfast, make his lunch for school and do his dinner at night. I'm trying not to let him notice we're on this diet, every time he offers me something I just say 'no thanks, I'm not hungry' - which has worked so far. We sit at the table and eat our soup whilst he has his dinner, I'm amazed he's not questioned us yet! Last night was tough as he had fresh pasta and I love it, it's my favourite - my mouth was watering but I didn't have any, I got him to throw his left overs straight into the bin. I've got to go shopping to get his week's food tomorrow, that's going to be very hard.

The first few days I kept dreaming about food - I'd wake up in a panic thinking I'd eaten something, was taking me ages to believe it was just a dream :D

I know I need to start excercising, I've been doing some walking but really need to do more....the loose skin worries me I must admit and I know I need to start doing something to prevent it - I've been threatening to join the council gym for years but haven't done it yet - that's another challenge I think.

Anyway, that's me for now, I'll post again after my weigh in :)

Kath xxxx

HELLO KATH <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WAVES>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

I too am in the 2nd week of LL I am on day 13 :D
You have done so fab and your soon be sliiping into the new you ;)
I think your hubby is fantastic for doing it with you I asked my oh to try it for 3 days he is slim just so he could see how hard it is he said no instead he leans on my shoulder in the evenings on the sofa eating choclate biscuits!So youare lucky to have such fab support.I have 3 children and my Oh to cook for every evening my girls are 11 6 yrs and 22 months so you can imagion that?
Well done you can do this.We can do this please pm me if you need a chat
((((((hugs)))))
xxc

HELLO KATH <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<WAVES>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

I too am in the 2nd week of LL I am on day 13 :D
You have done so fab and your soon be sliiping into the new you ;)
I think your hubby is fantastic for doing it with you I asked my oh to try it for 3 days he is slim just so he could see how hard it is he said no instead he leans on my shoulder in the evenings on the sofa eating choclate biscuits!So youare lucky to have such fab support.I have 3 children and my Oh to cook for every evening my girls are 11 6 yrs and 22 months so you can imagion that?
Well done you can do this.We can do this please pm me if you need a chat
((((((hugs)))))
xxc

Woohoo so we're doing it together :D

OMG! I'd have rammed the choc biscuit in another orifice if my hubby had been munching one on my shoulder! :D 3 kids, blimey, that must be very hard with all that food - you have my complete sympathy having to cook food for them all whilst not being able to eat it! You are doing fantastically to keep it up - we can do it can't we ;)

Let's keep in touch and keep supporting :)

Kath xxxx

Hi Kath yes thats great we can keep each other company theres loads of others on here doing it to and Cd so you get loads of support xx
The Biscuit thing I just said do you mind moving and not eating that biscuit on my shoulder I dont think he realised or I think he doesnt like me losing weight?He scoffs choc crisps etc every evening and stays at 11.5 stone and is 5ft 10????
amazing hey!
We can do this and good luck for your weigh-in looking forward to your successxxc:D

Hi Kath yes thats great we can keep each other company theres loads of others on here doing it to and Cd so you get loads of support xx
The Biscuit thing I just said do you mind moving and not eating that biscuit on my shoulder I dont think he realised or I think he doesnt like me losing weight?He scoffs choc crisps etc every evening and stays at 11.5 stone and is 5ft 10????
amazing hey!
We can do this and good luck for your weigh-in looking forward to your successxxc:D

It's a fab site isn't it - just finding my way around :)

Lol, that was very restrained of you :D

The site is fantastic...........Theres loads of inspirational stories for when it gets tough.
Have a great day and let us all know how your weigh-in goes
Mines tomorrow my week 3 :D
xxc

WOOHOO I've had my first week weigh in and I lost 4 pounds which takes me up to a stone in a week! Yippeee!

Well I've got the bars today, haven't had one yet - I'm struggling though. I know I can only have one a day but having 7 here is going to be quiet a test! Hubby says the toffee ones are lovely so I'm looking forward to trying that. Must make sure I JUST have one a day though :eek:

I've got my first real going out challenge since I've started, we're going to a gig tonight and normally we'd get absolutely lashed - going to be the first time I've been to a gig sober since I was pregnant 5 years ago!

Hubby doesn't want to go if he can't have a drink, says it won't be the same but we've paid for the tickets so we might as well go. It's going to be tough but hopefully we'll enjoy it - I'm going to drive so I can't have a drink even if I get weak :)

Hi Kath
Fab loss well done you hun!!!!!:D
The Toffee bars like your hubs said are lovely I hated the nut crunch ones yuk yuk yuk :(
On day 4 LL it was my Birthday and I went to lunch with 6 family members and I had a mushroom soup...I found it really hard but then we have to try and live life normally to a point if we can........If you both feel that not drinking wont bother you go..........but if its going to make you fell deprived then maybe you should avoid it?Depends on your will power I suppose?Also when you reach target you have to remember you have to change your life style to stay at target and cutting down on alcohol is going to be part of that?
Have a nice time if you go
XXc

Hi Kath
Fab loss well done you hun!!!!!:D
The Toffee bars like your hubs said are lovely I hated the nut crunch ones yuk yuk yuk :(
On day 4 LL it was my Birthday and I went to lunch with 6 family members and I had a mushroom soup...I found it really hard but then we have to try and live life normally to a point if we can........If you both feel that not drinking wont bother you go..........but if its going to make you fell deprived then maybe you should avoid it?Depends on your will power I suppose?Also when you reach target you have to remember you have to change your life style to stay at target and cutting down on alcohol is going to be part of that?
Have a nice time if you go
XXc

Oh wow, that must've taken some real will power to have a soup on your birthday when everyone else was eating! Well done you :)

I know what you mean, I was saying to hubby last night that going out for the night doesn't have to involve alcohol - we both really love music so that should be enough seeing a good band live, without having to get drunk. It is going to be hard, we always go in a big group and it's a time when we all catch up and have a laugh and copious amounts of alcohol. This time though for the first gig, I've said let's not meet everyone in the pub we'll just go straight to the gig a bit later, that should make it easier.

I know I can do it because I didn't drink when I was pregnant but still went out with everyone while they drank so this should be no different - I KNOW I can do it and I WILL do it :D There I've said it now so I'll have to!

Is it your weigh in tonight?

WELL DONE YOU KATH THATS FANTASTIC POSITIVITY :)

Yes you can do it and you will and the drink thing is just a habit and we need to just learn how to change our habits :)
As you said you didnt drink whilst your pregnant for your babys health well this time remember its for your health?
Have a fab timexx
Yes its my weigh~in tonight sure its 3lbs as my scales said it was yesterday?Must get rid of them!
XXc

WELL DONE YOU KATH THATS FANTASTIC POSITIVITY :)

Yes you can do it and you will and the drink thing is just a habit and we need to just learn how to change our habits :)
As you said you didnt drink whilst your pregnant for your babys health well this time remember its for your health?
Have a fab timexx
Yes its my weigh~in tonight sure its 3lbs as my scales said it was yesterday?Must get rid of them!
XXc

Ah thanks :)

Ooh get rid of those scales! I put mine in the cupboard, I daren't get on them!

Good luck tonight, let me know how you get on :)

Kath xx

Yes I havent weighed-in on them today so theyre going in the car boot!!!!where they belong lol
Thanks I will let you know ;)
Have a gr8 day
xxc

Well I've had a lovely weekend, we went away to our caravan and had a walk on the beach on Saturday. Was a bit odd as usually we spend the weekend at the caravan bbq'ing and stuffing our face with cakes and choc and alcohol so it was a different one. On Sunday we took the monkey to the Forest of Dean - what a fantastic place!

I went into the cafe to get us a black coffee and an earl grey whilst the monkey was leaping around the play area and I had to queue right in front of the cakes! :eek: Home made too they looked so delicious it was killing me, it was lunch time and everyone was ordering food, it looked and smelt so delicious and I'd had my food pack early and got nothing else with me, I knew it'd be at least 5 before I got home to eat my next foodpack - argh it was killing me! Oh the hot chocolates were in a huge mug topped with a mountain of cream and a flake! :eek: So when it was my turn to order I asked for.....

A black coffee, an earl grey and a carton of juice for the monkey :D :D :D Pah, who needs cake when I can have water :rolleyes:

We sat having our drinks watching all the super fit people wizzing past on their bikes and cooking sausages on the outdoor bbq's and generally having good active fun. So I said to hubby - that is so how I want to be, I want that to be me, I want to be fit and slim enough to be out here enjoying this, to be active and outdoors and full of energy - that's the life I want, and one I WILL have. To be able to go the camping shop and get an outdoor coat that's a 'woman's and not a mans because that's all that wil fit! :rolleyes:

We then went on a bit of a hike, through the forest on a trail - it was great I really really enjoyed myself, we probably walked about 3 miles - amazingly the monkey didn't complain once, he was too busy being Robin Hood :D - funny how he moans on the 15min walk to school though! I can't wait to go back again.

Hubby weighed himself on Saturday morning, he lost another 7 and a half pound! That's 21and a half pounds in 1 and a half weeks, it's just dropped off him. Amazing! I resisted the temptation, I want to wait until Tuesday night to get my full week weigh in - I didn't want to be put off in case I hadn't dropped any weight. Really looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow :)

Feeling really positive today and really looking forward to the new me and my new life :)

Kathx

FANTASTIC YOUR A STAR :)
You are doing so so well Im so pleased for you and those super fit people well I bet that will be you very soon!You will be flying to the finsh post so quickly with that will power and determination.
Kids are funny arent they mine hate walking to school but love running around outside in the freshair!
Well done on hubs too they always lose it in 1/2 the time we do!
XXc:)

FANTASTIC YOUR A STAR :)
You are doing so so well Im so pleased for you and those super fit people well I bet that will be you very soon!You will be flying to the finsh post so quickly with that will power and determination.
Kids are funny arent they mine hate walking to school but love running around outside in the freshair!
Well done on hubs too they always lose it in 1/2 the time we do!
XXc:)

I'm feeling very focused so it's fab.

How has your weekend gone?

xx

Hi Im glad you are xx
Thanks for asking
I got through the weekend its a big thing for me to get through it it is when im likely to crack and give up!

So looking forward to weigh-in day it gets me through the next week.
XXC

Hi Im glad you are xx
Thanks for asking
I got through the weekend its a big thing for me to get through it it is when im likely to crack and give up!

So looking forward to weigh-in day it gets me through the next week.
XXC

Only 2 more days till your weigh in you can do it - weekends are tough aren't they. If you feel yourself crumbling, just get outside and walk it off :)

(best start taking my own advice too :D)

Kxx

Only 2 more days till your weigh in you can do it - weekends are tough aren't they. If you feel yourself crumbling, just get outside and walk it off :)

(best start taking my own advice too :D)

Kxx

Your fab and so is your advice weekends I work and I have 3 young children so its food food food all round :( BUT WE CAN DO THIS CANT WE !!!!!:D !!!!!!
XXC

Your fab and so is your advice weekends I work and I have 3 young children so its food food food all round :( BUT WE CAN DO THIS CANT WE !!!!!:D !!!!!!
XXC

It must be hard with 3, I've got one and having his food around all weekend was really tough - at one point I snapped at him to hurry up and eat his sandwich - then felt guilty because really it was just because I wanted it! It's not his fault so I've promised myself I won't do that again.

I've been out today and bought some fresh food for him, I'm going to cook his favourite dinner tonight and I'm going to do him some lovely mashed potato - it's one of my favourite things and I've avoided cooking it so far, so it's a hard one but I need to get used to it.

You're right WE CAN DO THIS, WE WILL DO THIS

Back