Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

He's home :D The drip finished today so after they'd done a couple of blood tests they let him come home, he's on big doses of tablets for the over active thyroid and needs to have more tests. So happy to have him home and yes that's even though he's already left a trail of rubbish as he's wandered round the house :D

Aww it must have been a worry for you. So pleased he's home xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's great news. Hopefully the meds will keep things under control x

Great that your son is home and on the mend. Huge well done for your 5lb loss, you have definitely earned it. x

Really pleased you have your son home. Better having him home and making a mess than not! You must have been beside yourself with worry.

Have a good day Katie :) bet ur still chuffed with that 5lb loss!!! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

I am indeed TH, only 1lb to go to mark off my next goal, yippee :D

Well my boy is currently at the doctors finding out what happens now, feel so sorry for him, poor love shouldn't have to be going through this at just 20 years old, though I know it could be much worse and I'm thankful it's not.

Diet wise all is going well, I cooked a gorgeous meal for everyone last night, had my mum and my sons girlfriend to feed to and I happily stood stuffing chicken with pesto and mozzarella for them all - the only thing that made me go mmmmmm was when I cooked some fish, river cobbler, for the dog for his tea, it smelt and looked gorgeous!

My skirts are really funny at the moment, they're very loose and are sitting on my hips rather than my waist, a couple of them I don't even need to unzip, can just pull them down....and there's now spare room in my bras too.

Am off to Next later to pick up a couple of parcels, I've ordered a couple of dresses for work (same one in two colours), got them in size 22, 20 and 18 petite - I'm only going to buy them in the 18 but wasn't sure what size to get to see if the style/colour/fit suits me so went for an array of sizes. One of them is in orange so I'm definitely feeling braver and able to wear brighter clothes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 62
Very nice Katie! Glad things are baggier and loose :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Love that dress, so pretty!

Thanks :) Just kept the orange one in an 18, it fits but clings a bit on the tummy, though son says I could wear it now I won't for a few weeks - bought some self tan for my legs as well while I was out....the house will end up full of it and I'll be a mass of streaks, I've never done it before :D

Fake tan. My oh my Katie! Well done chick. Slap it on n go to Liverpool if it goes orange!

I'm going to put some on this week :) x

Thanks :) Just kept the orange one in an 18, it fits but clings a bit on the tummy, though son says I could wear it now I won't for a few weeks - bought some self tan for my legs as well while I was out....the house will end up full of it and I'll be a mass of streaks, I've never done it before :D

Just make sure you exfoliate welll before using it and even still i used to mix it with moisturiser on my knees and elbows! Don't forget the rubber gloves either or your hands will give it away!! :cross::cross:

well done on the shrinkage too - bet you are well chuffed!!

Get one of those sponge mitts that you put it on with too. They are brilliant and really help no streaks :). They are only a few quid :)
Lovely dresses too :)

Cheers for the tanning advice I will def follow it, I bought an exfoliator and an exfoliating glove as well, better to be safe than sorry :D

I've just had a mad couple of hours sorting through wardrobes and drawers, was a good workout - I've bin bagged loads of clothes and underwear and feel much better for it. Also found my LL books from when I started years ago and I lost 1lb more in 6 weeks than I have this time doing Exante so I'm very happy with that.

Last edited:
It feels great Darcy, lovely to have room for things too! Going to have a go at the spare room tomorrow, otherwise known as my dumping ground :)

My boy has gone out to watch afoot all match tonight, nothing comes between him and his football team, his poor girlfriend has been dragged along unhappily with him in case he has a turn, lol that's young love for you :D

I've just done a face mask, one that you peel, so that I could make my daughter in law laugh while I facetimed her, it worked so that's good, she's missing hubby while he's away but good on her she's started going to the gym on base which while doing her some good also gives her something to do.

My hubby's in kitchen at the moment preparing a casserole for their meal tomorrow, the dog is hanging around his feet doing some very wishful thinking!

Last edited:
You are doing really well Katie :)

Hi Katie,

Get yourself to one of those cash for clothes places today and get yourself some money back for the clothes you're turfing - will pay for some more new ones! ;-)

Well done on the sort out it is hard work, i dug out some of my loft a while ago and found baby clothes - and as my son is nearly 13 thought it time they were gone!! I use one of those cash 4 clothes places in Ashton in Makerfield and they're great - just mention it as did not realise you were local til you mentioned Wigan, and a lot of the places are a bit of a git to park at!!

Hope you realise that you lot have inspired me to write my own diary blog on here, only day 3 though so not muchbto read yet!! Lol

Back